If loonix is so good for programmers, how come the best ide only works on windows?

If loonix is so good for programmers, how come the best ide only works on windows?

Attached: visual_studio_purple.png (578x287, 16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

stackoverflow.com/questions/75180/how-to-display-a-dynamically-allocated-array-in-the-visual-studio-debugger
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I actually prefer Jetbrains and MonoDevelop, I shit you not. Visual Studio isn't really that great.

>best ide
The only good part of Visual Studio is the debugger. The rest of it can go die in a fucking fire.

Does it keep track of pointers?

It lets you look at pointers and whatever they're pointing to. I'm not sure what you mean by "keep track" though.

I don't know why you freetards hate Visual Studio so much.

I have tried Eclipse and I am not impressed. That thing is such a buggy piece of shit you have to be on the koolaid to think it is better than VS.

Are you a CS freshman or something? Nobody likes Eclipse.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Attached: 1516135391738.jpg (480x411, 65K)

Hi, sorry for the confusion mr staleman, but i said "loonix", not "linux"

COPY CON: PROGRAM.EXE
is a better IDE than VS.

Visual studio is for enterprise tier companies which Jow Forums will never get or use to its full potential since hobby bullshit ricing desktops is only linux can offer

>using an ide

Attached: 60B9E7158FAA4A0A8E9C1612F961F17F.jpg (214x165, 9K)

But does it show the object's variables I've changed? For example if I make an array on the heap using only pointers will it show me the value at each individual index in said array? Clion can't do that well so I have to keep track of that by hand

Weirdly most enterprise tier software also really sucks.
Is it a coincidence?

Just got done raging at the mountains apon mountains of bullshit configuration settings in this piece if shit ide.

Good for bullshit demos and learning but complete ass when you try to actually get meaningful work done.

Yes it does.

This , the only people who like eclipse are uni students and PhD researchers since they can't program properly.

Is it true that Code::Blocks and Dev-C++ can't use paths with spaces 'cos MinGW doesn't allow it?

Kind of. It doesn't show full arrays by default (probably so the debugger doesn't die if you allocate a massive one), but you can tell it to:
stackoverflow.com/questions/75180/how-to-display-a-dynamically-allocated-array-in-the-visual-studio-debugger
Hopefully this is what you meant. Does CLion seriously not do this?

If it does I still haven't figured out how to do it. But no it doesn't by default

Maybe not the right thread for this, but fuck it.
Im a "hello world" programmer, yeah i know a thing or 2 about coding, i can do simple shit but most of the complex stuff i do is just copy and paste code from github/stackoverflow and edit a few things.
Either way, i applied for a junior programmer position just for the lulz... and it seems they are gonna fire me.
How fucked up am i? their interview and test were really retarded and that's the only hope i have, that they are only expecting me to do extremely simple stuff

People like you are the reason junior salaries are shit. Neck yourself.

Thanks, you too

Thats due to managements going ok, here re-write this software that took 8k + hours for the first one. But do it faster with less people and less experience.

No. That is because enterprise tier developers suck at programming.

feel bad for anybody that doesnt have the pleasure of using xCode on a day to day basis.

>and it seems they are gonna fire me.
Well, you're not wrong.

Visual Studio “””developers”””” are scum. Most of the time they don’t even understand their toolchain. Good luck explaining to a C++ VS codemonkey what a makefile is. You might not need to use it all the time because VS configures it for you, but you should definitely know what it is when it’s such a vital part of your toolchain. Of course literal retards will object and defend their right to be ignorant. Just another confirmation that Visual Studio “””developers””” are literal scum who know fuck all about anything. They are the Excel office drones of the future, just copy-pasting libraries they will never understand for $10 an hour. Screenshot this, this is the future of .NET workers in general

thats not jetbrains. even rider rapes vs

Making windows forms applications with visual studio is awesome. Doing anything else with it fucking sucks though.

I work with sql server and need to develop SSIS packages in visual studio. It's extremely unpleasant. VS Code is much nicer but not as many features.

I use VS 2017 to code anything