If you don't think Elon musk is an amazing technological innovator get the fuck out of this board

If you don't think Elon musk is an amazing technological innovator get the fuck out of this board

Attached: 1523053683263~2.jpg (296x734, 37K)

Attached: vc6A1pi.jpg (1078x512, 64K)

I like what he does, but I don't think Tesla will be around in a few years, all the big players are going electric, and Tesla really haven't managed to ramp production to anything near what they were predicting, electric will swamp the market by 2020.

Tesla will keep existing for a long time, their brand name is too well entrenched by now. It might get overshadowed by bigger players or bought out, but it'll hardly disappear.

I just like him because he's so cavalier about things.

Musk is a shit

Attached: 65225616bed3f56e486077a2e2d9e15309411349db0bd42b0ea64c807cfe4b6d.jpg (604x289, 46K)

I think you're right with regards to the name. Their battery business has a much better chance of sustaining them than their vehicle business does.

Love him or hate him or just dismiss him as reddit the CEO, he's by far the closest thing to a rock star tech geek there ever was

Attached: musked.jpg (928x523, 84K)

I wouldn't count on it. Tesla is doing it right by going big on automation. They're having teething problems, but if they went the manual assembly route they probably wouldn't be able to scale up to the level of the big players before the investment money ran out and they'd have been killed by the efficiency difference. They're aiming to put the hurt on everybody else.

>They're aiming to put the hurt on everybody else.
And it'll fail in the medium to long term. The notion that existing automakers will just do nothing in response now or ever is not based in reality.

>hyperloop is physically impossible
k mate

My problem with his promotion of hyperloop is that he knowingly lied about its practicality and costs.

Existing automakers still bafflingly have yet to produce anything that rivals the roadster, a now 10 year old vehicle. Everything they've put out, the Leaf, the Volt, the Spark, the BMW i3, are all laughable piles of garbage. They have no range, no luxury features, and are expensive to boot.
Existing automakers are filled with decades and decades of improving the engine, not really the "car" as a whole, they're going to have just as many problems as Tesla does but on the opposite end of the scale. They have massive manufacturing capability but it's all geared around building these engines, so now that has to be retooled, and they have to figure out how to do it properly, and how to do it economically and at scale
Tesla still has a massive head start for a lot of reasons, they're taking things you'd normally only find in concept cars at trade shows and actually slapping it into a production model

No

Attached: images (3).jpg (194x259, 7K)

There are so fucking many factual errors in this post that you've destroyed all of your credibility. Don't comment on subjects which you have proven to have zero understanding of.

>You're wrong because I said so
Go on then, point them out.

>Leaf, the Volt, the Spark, the BMW i3
All were well reviewed except the Spark.

>They have no range
The Volt is a plug-in hybrid. It isn't meant to go as far on battery power. The Bolt has the same range as the baseline Model 3. The Leaf has been the most successful mass market BEV to date and is coming out with a similarly long range version later this year.

>no luxury features
Simply untrue.

>are expensive to boot
They all cost the same or less than anything Tesla has to offer.

>massive manufacturing capability but it's all geared around building these engines
No it's not. It's centered around common platforms.

>so now that has to be retooled
They are constantly retooling different plants. This is a non-issue.

>and they have to figure out how to do it properly
See above.

>and they have to figure out how to do it properly
See above again.

Tesla will NEVER have the market share of companies like Honda, GM, Ford, and Toyota.

>what I say is fact because I said it
That's you.

One, the entire assembly line is just not based on the engine. They would just need to tweak the assembly line a bit to maintain the same efficiency. Yes they need to work on the engineering and design aspect when they are planning to go electric.
>No luxury
What are you even talking about??????

he should go back to africa

Well reviewed != Competitive
Meant the Bolt, not Volt, my bad. Leaf sells well because it's cheap, but it mainly only sells well in Europe where traveling more than 50 miles with any regularity blows peoples minds if it's not on a train. We'll see about the range upgrade.
Luxury features comparable to the Roadster? Very much yes, especially if you want to mix well-selling with luxury. The Leaf sells very well but it's a far cry from luxurious.
Same price, lower range, worse quality. Not really a good mix.
It's centered around common platforms that they now have to redesign to better fit a BEV model, yet still having to produce "classical" (if you will) designs. BEV designs fundamentally do not work on a standard car frame, so now they have to pick and choose or try and split the difference.
See above for retooling.
x2

I gave plenty of reasons, if you want to dispute them you have to actually say something back, not just "no u"

No, the entire assembly line isn't based on the engine, but it is based around USING that engine. The whole structure of a car changes when you shift from exploding dinosaurs to batteries, and that's a massive change in design, development, and production. It's absolutely not just "a tweak".

Further, I'm not saying Tesla is going to dominate or even hold significant market share. But they're not going anywhere, and they're going to keep producing the best EV's for quite a while (presuming they fix their retarded ass production line).
The Apple of EV's, if you will.

Bruh just go and look at a documentary about car manufacturing plant. You will get what I meant about the assembly line.

>Well reviewed != Competitive
This is irrelevant and verifiably untrue based on easily accessible sales figures and usage statistics.

>Leaf sells well because it's cheap
That's the entire fucking model that Tesla is trying to replicate this very moment.

>but it mainly only sells well in Europe
False

>We'll see about the range upgrade.
Are you implying that they're lying about it?

>Luxury features comparable to the Roadster? Very much yes, especially if you want to mix well-selling with luxury. The Leaf sells very well but it's a far cry from luxurious.
You have not only grossly misunderstood the conversation, but you've simultaneously moved the goalposts.

>Same price, lower range, worse quality. Not really a good mix.
The Leaf (including the new one) is cheaper on average than the Model 3. Range disadvantage is very temporary. There is no basis whatsoever for your quality claim. Tesla has been experiencing significant quality issues with new vehicles coming off the line as reported by consumer advocates and watchdogs.

>platforms that they now have to redesign to better fit a BEV model
This work has already been done to a large extent. Your ignorance of that fact doesn't change reality.

Elon take autism manchildren sci-fy,singularity addict to think he is kind of God and get money and free propaganda.

you sound like you work at a car dealership

I do.
It's important to separate 'Inventor' and 'innovator'.

you sound like you work for a car company

I work for an infrastructure technology company that has nothing to do with cars. I do personally know 3 engineers at Tesla, 2 of which work at the Gigafactory and 1 of which works on the energy side at HQ.

see

SLS should obviously be used for all space launches worldwide.

Ban everything but SLS.

what universe did i step in to where we got the two biggest car nuts debating out a truth (tesla will fail) on Jow Forums a BOARD DeDiCaTeD To AlL tHiNgS TeChNoLoGy AnD RmS

^ and this guy is right

Attached: V5K7N1I.jpg (480x451, 54K)

>Dedicated you smartphone wallpaper threads and watches
This thread is better than either of those two things.

>Cult-like fanbase but still losing marketshare

Tesla truly is the Apple of cars.

>1523053683263~2.jpg
l-lewd