Are anti-adblock killers illegal since you are circumventing protection measures to view copyrighted content...

Are anti-adblock killers illegal since you are circumventing protection measures to view copyrighted content? Sounds like a DMCA violation.

Attached: header.png (750x225, 7K)

install gentoo

No.

No, the question you should be asking is
>Should anti-adblock killers be illegal since you are circumventing protection measures to view copyrighted content
The answer is also no.

No, the answer he should be asking is
>what's the best anti-adblock firefox extension?

>protection measures
not what ads are

uBlock Origin with more than the default filters enabled, blocking scripts and using a whitelist, and Violentmonkey with the newer adsbypasser script. If you were wondering

No

Yes.

Maybe

Anti-adblock should be illegal because it is circumventing the protection measures I have to protect myself from malware while viewing content.

The anti-adblock is. You're stripping the protection against viewing their content without ads. It is a form of DRM. Just because it isn't cryptographically secure doesn't mean it's not DRM.

this

they are allowing me to connect to their webpage. if they don't want to serve me content without ads then they are welcome to withhold that content until an authorization token has been exchanged

If they want money for their shitty websitey they could just change from ads to payment.
But oh yeah, then they wouldn't make any money.
I'm not even using a special Anti-Adblock Killer, just default block lists, and everything works fine.
So I don't even try to avoid this shit, I just block IP Adresses and Domain Names which are in a relation for Malware and shady businesses, which isn't illegal. And 99% of Ads are related to Malware and shady businesses.
Also, on my phone I pay for my bandwidth, which gets stolen by Ads, so fuck everyone with Ads, you actually cost me money. Especially this autoplay video bullshit.
I avoid brands or companies who do such a bullshit.

>they allowed me to buy the Blu-ray! So stripping the protection isn't against the DMCA!

>turn off adblock
>get malware from ad
>contact company about it
>"sorry you filthy goyim, not our problem, no refunds"

>keep adblock up
>"WTF WHY ARE YOU DEPRIVING US OF MONEY"

Attached: 1522101375745.png (256x256, 40K)

It's basically this:
DONT READ THIS
secret
CONTINUE READING

adblocks and their ilk just cut out the retarded caps. The secret was always there.

It really shouldn't be.

>buy a blu-ray
>stick it in my drive
>programs refuse to recognize the disk exists in the drive
>the shitty protection causes most applications to lock up simply accessing the drive, including explorer
>makemkv works
If you make it difficult to watch what I purchase I will simply use the easiest method to watch it, which in this case is ripping the disc.
You have lost nothing because I have paid for it and won't share what I rip, yet you will still class it as illegal.

No. It's my browser, I have the right to block whatever is impeding my usage.

huh? I don't block ads. just leading them right into my pi-hole.

>you are circumventing protection measures to view copyrighted content

This is false.

Ads don't protect content playback.

Good luck trying to sue me in my third world country

I stand corrected then

>makes money off my personal data
>i get nothing for being used for profit
>i use adblock to protect myself
>they add an adblock-killer
>i with an anti-adblock kiler
>now i'm the bad guy
the advertisement industry is the cancer that ruins internet