Why is it so hard to make a good GUI in Java?

Why is it so hard to make a good GUI in Java?
I can't even figure out how to get a container or label to keep an image inside it instead of letting the image cover the whole screen.
Swing could unironically learn some things from Roblox, because although it may be a kids game it uses a GUI system that's essentially a better version of Swing; for example, containers actually contain things.

Attached: 1507314555453.jpg (740x982, 101K)

>frogposter
>bla bla bla
go figure

Anyone notice a rise of these guys lately? They surely can't be the same autistic user who has to put every single thought into his head into a thread like blog?

Attached: 1495074371709.jpg (236x231, 12K)

JavaFx

Making good GUI in whatever language and toolkit you use. The industry lost it's way 10 years ago and nobody knows how to do good UI.

What the hell are you talking about? Visual Studio and XCode are fine platforms.

Java is for server side shit
or making horrid Android apps

You using Android Studio?

show me one modern program that doesn't look like shit

They already abandoned that I think. It's even missing some basic controls.

Sauce ?
I was forced to learn it in CS

Meant for

Fuck no they didn't abandon it
Retard

What are you talking about?
Swing is one of the comfiest ways to make a GUI.

frogboard

Use JavaFX you tard. Through a less Java-tier interface, though, e.g. TornadoFX.

Keepass

Isn't that C# though?

Fucking genius! Of course a web browser would be the best option!

weak b8

just use javafx user, swing is shit

>using Java to make GUI apps in 2018

>java

See for yourself. It uses over 80 MB for a simple window with few buttons and a textbox.

If you want to use Swing, make sure you set a non-retarded look and feel. The default one sucks. Specifying to use SystemLookAndFeel usually works pretty well. The GTK LAF actually looks bretty good.

Pretty light for a Java app.

Appreciate guessing. Your bitcoining; you never appreciate guessing!

Attached: nm_c003.png (408x528, 169K)