Mark Zuckerberg: We Don't Use Mobile Device Microphones To Listen In On Users | CNBC

youtube.com/watch?v=pI_6we-nqBk

>Mark Zuckerberg: We Don't Use Mobile Device Microphones To Listen In On Users | CNBC

So that settles that conspiracy theory?
Or...?

Attached: are-you-being-listened-to-0001-alt-720x720.jpg (720x480, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

support.google.com/googleplay/answer/6014972?p=app_permissions&rd=1
code.face
twitter.com/0xUID/status/984122756139798528
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

That's not even possible. A mobile app couldn't be spying on you like that. Android wouldn't let it do that.

He said that, but what has Facebook to hide that they don't provide the source code of their apps and tools? All the have now is the word of a CEO who is busy excusing privacy violations since years. No, it isn't settled.

t. tech illiterate

Why are we still having multiple threads about this?

Attached: PRISM-dates-began.jpg (700x525, 214K)

Hear people gabbing about it all the time.

Do you honestly think they'd have enough hardware to listen in and recognize keywords?

Any time you hear people talk about and they say 'no one searched for X' someones lying, or forgot they had searched for it. It likely serves up ads to groups of friends/coworkers etc because they're the target market.

> Mark Zuckerberg: We Don't Use Mobile Device Microphones To Listen In On Users
Meanwhile, his engineers: "Oops".

Yeah and i don't fuck ur mom every night

For one OP he is not under oath and wasn't sworn in.

He lied through his teeth through the whole thing, the only point of this hearing was for the government to sizzle Zuck publicly for trying to defy them. Their main goal is to absorb Facebook fully and have it become a part of the government as much as the NSA.

You can trust him. Dumb fuck.

>this application wants to use your microphone
>user clicks yes
>run a background service that turns on the mic to listen

This. It's that fucking easy. Just record snippets of an hour and phone home everytime a snippet is done.

ha ha yeah I mean you'd have to be the company that makes Android if you wanted to do that

how crazy would that be ha ha

>Do you honestly think they'd have enough hardware to listen in and recognize keywords?
"What is speech recognition?"

Attached: wat, confused, pope, casting couch.jpg (650x389, 24K)

Yes it is you open source tard.

They don't really need to do that when the users willingly post everything about their life on FB.

You don't need to record anything, just convert it to text.
Then when asked, you can say that you don't record anything.

Pretty sure that'll still be counted as recording in almost every court.

reminder that he wasn't under oath

>convert it to text
Speech-to-text is server-side dummy.

press no.

Fair enough.
The problem is that, say the app has voice call functionality, like WhatsApp, and you want to make and receive voice calls.
Depending how it is programmed, it will likely require microphone access at all times in order to actually receive those calls, you wouldn't want the dialog to appear when people are actually calling you, so you put the dialog and check when the app is run and people say "okay" because they want to use voice functionality, then you just run a background service to listen to everything.

There's no reason it needs to be. It's just easier to offload the computing power needed to something more suited if a network is available.

You could absolutely do a rudimentary version on a modern phone. If you're targeting a limited vocabulary it gets easier still.

It's a good explanation for why the FB app drains so much battery.

google does it on android already
all of your shit gets uploaded to their fucking servers, google it, you can listen to it yourself

not only that. voice to text is so good these days you can easily translate it to text and look for any keywords to do literally anything with

it's so fucking easy to do all of that with the tools available, a novice programmer can do it.

The phone does the processing and hashes the results, which are sent to Facebook. The actual data is very minuscule. I guarantee you it fucking listens. I’ve had irl convos (with my actual mouth) about stuff I’ve never mentioned online and seen an ad hours later for something related.

Because that picture doesn't look like anything the government would even pay someone to make.

You really don’t have a clue what government employees are like do you. That shit is the comfiest, lowest bar job you can get. So many legacy employees. In fact I’m surprised it didn’t look worse.

>Mark Zuckerberg: We Don't Use Mobile Device Microphones To Listen In On Users

I don't think so

support.google.com/googleplay/answer/6014972?p=app_permissions&rd=1

My point is why would they make a graph for this? This is EU-tier-lookatourgraphwearestronk-shit. It's like a criminal making a graph detailing all the places he has robbed on a hidden folder in a computer that he lets thousands of people access.

>that logo
ProjectileVomitingAliens.jpeg

code.face
book.com/projects/

Really? Whats the point if he cant be held accountable for his answers?

Zuck is full of bullshit!

>> Here's is a entire thread about eavesdropping on smartphone microphones by Facebook app
>> twitter.com/0xUID/status/984122756139798528

Attached: Capture.png (701x728, 908K)

in order to convert speech to text you need to record it in the first place, faggot
jesus christ stop posting

It would be much more interesting for him to say "That's not us", alluding to Google. But it's true, Facebook indirectly listens because other sources do it for Facebook already.