OS Gentoo/Linux

>OS Gentoo/Linux
lmao get rekt gnutards

Attached: neofetch-2018-04-12-02-27-21-8708.png (1280x800, 105K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cryptocurrency.is-mine.net/coinpot/
blogs.gentoo.org/ago/2013/01/14/makeopts-jcore-1-is-not-the-best-optimization/
gnu.org/distros/free-distros.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Gentoo on Atom

the absolute madman

it has no active cooling and doesn't use much power so it's not really an issue to let it compile overnight. I also use binary packages for browser and libreoffice because for compiling that shit

run uname --operating-system

there you go

Attached: 2018-04-12-145235_1280x743_scrot.png (1280x743, 34K)

fake

>KDE

Shut

>darkbox
I see you are a le hackerman, I am a le hackerman as well

>Dbz
Are you Goku?

yes

Attached: goku-apu.png (796x588, 96K)

Awesome

Attached: Screenshot_20180412-154620.png (1080x1920, 40K)

cool now do uname --operating-system

Don't listen to this faggot Do rm -rf /*

Huh?

has anybody EVER fallen for that? just wondering

Of course they have, just like with deleting system32

don't forget to use binhosts for the other packages that take ages to compile

btw tell them to use sudo so that it doesn't do the
>descend into x directory? (y/n)

um it should be GNU/Linux...

>dbz
Kill yourself spic

I would also use Gentoo, but it takes forever to compile on this CPU.
Pic related.

Attached: screenfetch.png (1463x912, 72K)

Yes.

Attached: I did something stupid and I need your help.png (1207x587, 91K)

It shouldn't take too long on that CPU
you didn't use genkernel all ... did you?

Fucking hell, no. But I'm talking about compiling shit in general. I don't mind it on faster CPUs, but on laptops I'll probably stick with Arch.

I don't trust binary packages that are not part of the main portage tree

You didn't forget to MAKEOPTS="-j8" right?

Nope, also MAKEOPTS="-j4" is the way to go with this CPU.

I've read that cores+1 is the way to go, meaning -j5 on this CPU

I'm not familiar with AMD, but isn't that at least equal to i3 or something?

Well that's not definite and should be tested, I have to admit I haven't tested it so I went with 4.

Yeah should be

Fucking Amateurs.
>KysDE
>GNOME
Why are you even here, if you're going to load down two perfectly good if mildy autistic distros with two of the most shitty bloated desktop environments available for linux? At least put in some effort to change the Qt and GTK themes, for fucks sake.

Attached: fsf approved distro.png (800x434, 320K)

Listen here you fucking faggot. This is a Laptop, as you can tell by the "HP Notebook", you can also tell this laptop is fully integrated into my system by the long FQDN of a hostname. I don't care about ricing something that isn't my daily driver, but rather something to be used when I'm on the move or not at home. As soon as I get home I pull the data and close the lid, that's it.

I agree with this user

Why would you use gentoo if you use binaires ?

>xfce
>not using i3
What the fuck are you doing here? Kill yourself DEcuck.

Installing a GTK theme and Icon theme will take you about 5 fucking seconds. Have some fucking dignity with your mobile devices. I was weighed down with a shitty AMD A4-5000 laptop for a year, and i still distro-hopped and riced it like it was nobody's business, not to mention there are better Desktop Environments for a non daily driver device. Even LXDE would be better than GNOME if you're not using it much.
pic related
Thanks, post your neofetch.

Attached: gahnoo slesh leenuhks.png (800x458, 344K)

Criticise me for being a DEcuck once you post your own neofetch. 100MB extra RAM usage ain't shit if it lets you have a moderately workable desktop that doesn't force you to memorise 500 keyboard combinations. That little round thing next to your keyboard is there for a reason, you know; it's not 1982. I'm not going to go out of my way to pretend I'm Neo from the Matrix.

I had Gentoo for a few years. Was a fun time. I used to post in the Desktop Threads, around 2013. Had a really nice setup, well riced.

SSD fucked itself though, so now I'm just using ArchLabs. It's a good time.

Attached: zl9vn.png (438x544, 198K)

cryptocurrency.is-mine.net/coinpot/

>Intel Atom
How? I've nearly killed myself, while this shit was compiling stuff on Core i5-4260U, and here is some tiny atom...

>t. butthurt coreutilslet

Sorry I would post a neofetch but I don't have neofetch or scrot installed and I'm compiling chromium since last night. It's gonna be a few more hours. Sigh.

t. alias uname="echo Linux"

>m-muh b-b-bloat
here, full kde session uses less than 250MB ram and I have a fully usable system. function key for volume and brightness work out of the box, plasma network manager applet allows me to connect to my work vpn in one click, same goes for connecting to my phone via bluetooth for connection sharing on the go. you can keep your meme wm shit all to save less than 100MB ram. and as soon as you use some applications that rely on QT or GTK you will pull in dependencies anyways so you meme setup falls apart, it's only good to rice and watch anime with mpv

Attached: neofetch-2018-04-12-05-05-17-18110.png (1280x800, 562K)

>250mb
Jesus fucking christ, that's bloat by Gentoo standards. I was running 250mb with Firefox going, and 50mb idle despite being riced out the ass. Nice resolution by the way. The fuck are you doing? Get that shit fixed.

Isn't utilizing all of your ram a good thing anways?
I mean, you DO have a swap partition, don't you?

>bloat
like I care what some Jow Forumstard thinks. also firefox uses more than 250mb by itself so not sure what you are on about. nothing to fix, it's a tiny 10" tablet with 1280x800 resolution

>>OS Gentoo/Linux
>lmao get rekt gnutards
How many time to do the updates ?

it's not good when you have only 2gb, you want to keep enough ram for the browser and other shit. also it's not on an ssd but some shit tier microSD so swap is garbage.

>firefox uses more than 250mb by itself
Maybe if you're using one of the more recent releases.
>tiny 10" tablet with 1280x800 resolution
So let me get this straight... You installed Gentoo on a tablet, and then go on about how you don't care what some Jow Forumstard thinks? If not for attention, why else would you do such a retarded thing?

>If not for attention, why else would you do such a retarded thing?
how will tabletfag ever recover?

Attached: 1500409097992.gif (800x430, 564K)

How to surf the web normaly then ?

because it's the only distro that actually works on it. on arch/debian/fedora pulseaudio is broken, on kernel newer than 4.12 I can't switch between headphones/speakers, I need a custom initramfs that loads the intel i915 drivers at first in order to have a display while unlocking the encrypted partition because the vesa/efifb driver is broken on the tablet. Void is the only valid alternative but it lacks packages and stuff tends to break on updates so I went back to gentoo.

Just because I use GNU craputils doesn't mean my OS is GNU/Linux, fuckface

user uses binary packages for his "browser and libreoffice" - 2 out of his 927 packages, right?

I do the same on a lower power machine here as well. I do even compile other browsers like surf or otter, just not FF.

Attached: 1521588971802.jpg (806x938, 337K)

RMS BTFO

based Jow Forums

>arch
please

Attached: guix.png (1440x900, 968K)

sup bros?

Attached: CopyQ.Ti6044.png (834x503, 87K)

Fake and gay.

t. newfag

Attached: 1523547012104.jpg (224x130, 5K)

GNU/Tards are adamant to face reality, don't even bother.
Even if they heard Ken Thompson saying how the kernel is "the operating system proper" isn't something they can accept.

Attached: 1520372808815.jpg (800x789, 95K)

I wonder if my Pentium M is faster than that

Attached: 2018-02-23-101253_1024x768_scrot.png (1024x768, 865K)

jesus what a piece of hot fucking garbage technology

It's not even hot. Only reaches 50C during compiling shit
Maybe I'll upgrade the CPU to a 2.1GHz one, lel

That's a very comfy bg

Attached: screenshot.png (1510x1200, 385K)

I seent that on reddit before

Imagine being this autistic

i seent that on leddit

Someone posted my shitty laptop on leddit?
Quite rude Tbh

Attached: Screenshot_20180412_201747.png (826x546, 110K)

yeah i guess someone thinks its cool to have 1gb ram in $currentyear

>shell: GNU bash
>lmao get rekt gnutards
the only GNUtard getting rekt is (You)

Attached: 1304619806870.jpg (640x360, 36K)

>mfw I want to switch to gentoo but it would be too much of a pain to tweak everything again
fuck that, i'm comfy on arch

Copy over your configs

So many old kernels. It's gross.

Huh, this is actually a quite clever line. Gotta note that somewhere.

Attached: 83780634.gif (230x230, 1.54M)

>installs distro that forces every little bit of customization during install
>just shits a DE on it
jedem das seine

Attached: 2018-04-12-205642_644x340_scrot.png (644x340, 149K)

>memes about gentoo and i3
>promptly reboots to his windows partition to play muh gaymes

>inb4 b-but I don't play games
you can not tell me you bought a K-series i5, GTX 770 and 1440p monitor to run gentoo

>you can not tell me you bought a K-series i5, GTX 770 and 1440p monitor to run gentoo
Bought the parts in early 2014 (?) when wow was still fun but never played any games besides that :^)

Not that user but I use a 1060 6gb and 1440p for gentoo gaming. There are dozens of us.

I like my systems to be stable

blogs.gentoo.org/ago/2013/01/14/makeopts-jcore-1-is-not-the-best-optimization/

>recognized echo from Windows command line
>thought it just sends stuff to the speakers
Oh my. Never change, reddit, never change.

holy shit
be kind to yourself and just sell that outdated shit dude

And I thought I was a shitter for keeping my Haswell laptop since it supports Vulkan

I have a low opinion of Gentoo GNU/Linux.

Gentoo is a GNU/Linux distribution, but its developers don't recognize this; they call it "Gentoo Linux". That means they are treating me and the GNU Project disresepectfully.

More importantly, Gentoo steers the user towards nonfree programs, which is why it is not one of our recognized free distros.

See the GNU distros list for the distros that I do recommend: gnu.org/distros/free-distros.html

Attached: 1511577092964.jpg (400x300, 11K)

Yeah, no. We all know you were in Grand Theft Gentoo, Rich.

Attached: gtg.jpg (1473x1080, 131K)