Why does google's material design keep looking worse and worse?

Why does google's material design keep looking worse and worse?

Attached: shitter2.png (1080x1844, 331K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/RZp7BvQJnU8
ubu.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Reddit's UI is changing
Fuck... that leaves Jow Forums as the only surviving relic of the 90s internet design that is not dumbed down for normies.

▶I think designers are just getting real lazy.
Almost no work goes into designing flat ui vs 3d ui.
Its like they make it in powerpoint or something.

I thought material was supposed to use simple/flat elements and layer them to give a feeling of depth and separation of content. This is just blocks of text on a white background.

Google has many departments, some which follow Material design religiously, and others that hate it and make whatever they want

Material Design is good, but quickly falls apart when you have complex layouts and not just simple info cards

Google realized Material design's elements with drop shadows was inferior to elements without drop shadow but with a thin light border

so that's why you see different google products with different design guidelines

Attached: uncharted 2 real.jpg (600x386, 230K)

material design is a codeword for shit ui

>"""depth""""
>"""feeling"""

Attached: solamente_BASURA.png (2320x1248, 14K)

Because Material design was already garbage from the beginning. People are NOW being aware of it.

postmodern "no design is also a design" shilling

Attached: gabin.jpg (710x473, 69K)

UI fungineers need to keep themselves employed somehow

It's just guidelines it's not an excuse for being a bad designer

The design motif really promotes mediocrity. Its just a bunch of boring candy colored squares with no depth and low information density. Isn't good for conveying info beyond short blurbs on one nauseating square surrounded by blank space. So actually it isn't necessarily bad designers, but hopefully semi-decent designers working with a plain awful motif.

Attached: 5934502667_La-nouvelle-campagne-anti-tabac.jpg (400x533, 58K)

Because it's not material design anymore.

The same reason android has started looking worse and worse the last few versions. They started off working on a design, building up something that looks good. Then, eventually, they got there. Except they had to keep changing it because they designers have to justify their pay check somehow, and you can't market an older design as fresh, even if the new one is fucking ugly.

So they couldn't leave it alone. They kept touching it and touching it and now it's shit.

fuck that is a readability nightmare.

>Reddit's UI is a mess
what the fuck? It's pretty functional and straightforward
I bet it's going to be replaced by some flatshit monstrosity with mile-long whitespace margins and five different JS framework just to make a hamburger menu animated at glorious 5 FPS at full load on a Threadripper

>androgynous french sucking on a fag

frantic posts from lazy powerpoint designer trying to rescue job

It is, they've already started rolling it out for some people. Literally 0 change in functionality, it's just now everything has rounded corners, wastes whitespace, and takes 8MB of JS to load.

I don't get why they are trying to make everything round and abolishing cards, it looks like shit this way.

>powerpoint
Word, you mean.
youtu.be/RZp7BvQJnU8

>It is
webshit artisans never disappoint

Actually there's a lot of change in functionality (obviously they aren't going to change the main way you use the site lmao), especially from a mod perspective.

Who gives a shit about plebbit

Everyone here uses reddit, let's not pretend you don't either as we all know you're a regular on the_donald.

Everyone here molests children, let's not pretend you don't either as we all know you're a regular on To Catch a Predator.

Yikes! The_Donald pedos strike again.

you all kinda sound like you don't know what you're talking about.

>yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man

Attached: yeahwell.jpg (480x360, 14K)

You just outed yourself. Go back to (((reddit))) kike

I like the focus on simple shapes, though I wish there'd be a bigger focus on information density. I just want to utilize all the real estate as in a tiling wm.

Attached: she was a cop.gif (288x288, 1.93M)

Is this broken for anyone else?

Fuck out here

>get out

Attached: frog what.jpg (184x184, 9K)

\/

Attached: heplhelprfd.gif (250x197, 1.05M)

full circle

Shit was looking actually good until Oreo

You couldn't have used an image of an actual interface to argue against that?

CM 12.1 reporting in. It's super comfy with 2014 material design

It's based on what? Lollipop?

because google specializes in fragmentation

I'm fucking sick of cropped circular images, generic blank squares on generic blank squares, and buttons big enough that an elephant would have no problem using them.
"Modern" design standards completely discard the idea of information density and non-ambiguous interfaces.

Attached: feces.png (680x218, 227K)

>Everyone here uses reddit
No, because I'm not a fucking brainlet like you and all the plebbitors. Fuck off!! >>>/reddit/

>impying anyone but you here is a plebbitor
Outed yourself. Now please get yourself out of here. >>>/plebbit/

We got rid of frames ages ago dummie

Microsoft actually used to do design in PowerPoint, at least back when they were working on Windows 8.
(According to some alleged engineer who bitched about it online, anyway.)

ubu.com/

literally perfect.

Jow Forums.org/frames
It's literally in the faq

Wew.
>reading the faqs

I don't like material design much. I do think it's lazy. Then again, with the very poor graphic designs I have I don't think I would manage to make anything equal or better anyways. I would only manage to make something better than Windows 10 because that's literally nothing but either opaque or transparent single colored blocks that now have the "apple blur". Motherfucker I do think I can do better than that.

>Not reading the rules
Shiggy diggy. I also learned that Jow Forums.org/flash exists. Pretty cool stuff in there

kys holofag

I think material tries to appeals to the lowest common denominator, so even if you can't design for shit you can make something that looks alright.

>AMP

It's AMP that's the shit part of this image

because those "designers" want to keep their job so they constantly "improve" the design

The purpose of material is to maximize as effectiveness so it's no surprise that it is at ods with usability.
the more plain, the more the ads stand out
the more wasted space, the more ads you have to scroll through

The purpose of material is to maximize ad effectiveness so it's no surprise that it is at ods with usability.
the more plain, the more the ads stand out
the more wasted space, the more ads you have to scroll through

Is that showing up for others as well? It really looks like the card rendering bugged out.

>he dosen't read the Jow Forums man pages when he dosen't know something.
>tfw when he goes on stack exchange to ask about the rules for /d/

Attached: 003.jpg (1703x2494, 3.04M)

>reddit
>90s internet design

Attached: w_brainlet1.png (645x729, 70K)