What password manager do you use? is fucking stupid to use remembear or lastpass with cloud sync?

what password manager do you use? is fucking stupid to use remembear or lastpass with cloud sync?

Attached: [email protected] (262x262, 14K)

I use lastpass and hope my master key really is used for encrypting the stuff and not only placebo.

Keepass X.
Has droid version too

this guy gets the job done

Attached: note.jpg (700x700, 97K)

You either use a flavour of keepass, which is available on all platforms, or you use plain pass, which is available on all platform that matter to me (meaning gnu/linux and android, didn't check anything else). You can sync them manually with a vps and git or with any automatic sync service like syncthing. There's really no reason to trust (((cloud))) shit in 2018

KeepassXC and I sync the database with syncthing.

Firefox Sync with a Master Password.

>password manager
>cloud
lol

What is the point of a password manager?
If you want to use the same password for everything why not just do that?

>use a password manager
>a website fucks up
>all other website logins are save
vs
>dont use a password manager
>a website fucks up
>all other logins are now potentially breached
See the difference?

>someone gets access to your password manager
>same thing happens

Attached: 1508645314272.jpg (1192x856, 115K)

this
if you want to keep a digital key way from digital thieves, why would you hide it in a digital safe?
digital thieves can't hack into an analogic safe.

Keepass. Fuck anything that is a cloud service, just asking to get fucked when on their their pajeet engineers gets lazy someday. Who the fuck would trust their passwords to some random free service. Fucking idiots born every day, because convenience.

They also know what other sites the passwords are for because the manager tells them exactly where to go.

Lets say you have 10 accounts:
Option 1 no password manager:
>any of the ten accounts gets compromised
>all 10 are now compromised
Option 2 a password manager:
>any of the ten accounts gets compromised
>only one account is compromised

Attached: rlguh9kf9cyy.jpg (511x754, 52K)

Just use passwordstore, idjit

Someone getting access to an encrypted file on your local machine is pretty different from someone managed to dump database info from a publicly-accessible website that probably has garbage security.

>But just don't use those sites!
Or I can use unique passwords for every website, put them in a password manager, and not care if a website gets compromised.

it
just
werks

Attached: myki-preview.png (487x512, 12K)

>can't remember a different password for each website/service
The absolute state of password managerfags

>just restating what was already said
Yes, you were wrong the first time as well.

What if someone comes into your house and just takes notepad? Wat do then?

or you travel, do you also take the notepad with you and expose yourself
oh wait nvm Jow Forums never leaves their room

Attached: CopyQ.th6044.png (1680x1050, 496K)

can be any file
openssl aes-256-ecb -d -nosalt -in pickle-rick.jpg 2>/dev/null | tr -cd [:graph:] | fold -w 16 | head -n 16 | nl

I must be a troglodyte. I don't use a password manager. I have 8 different passwords that I use, and I just remember them. And before you ask, they are all different, and all are random numbers, letters, and symbols.

is that reversible?

That's fucking clever.

These user's know what's up

My brain

Then you have bigger problems than losing your passwords

KeepPassXC. Putting your database in the cloud(botnet) isn’t a big deal as long as you use a keyfile that never leaves any of your devices.

or just not maintain online profiles :-) then you can't get Zucc'd

I keep all my passwords in a PDF file with funny names only I can decode. Unhackable setup.

My Brain. Password managers are a single point of failure. If compromised you could lose a lot of shit if not everything. Stop being lazy and use your brain cells. Just remember ur shit.

>using the same password for 10 different sites
kill yourself

KEE PASS

Let me tell you. This shit is probably the most essential software you can have on your fucking computer.I probably have 500+ logins inside my encrypted database. Every single one of them has a different 40+ char 300+bit entropy password.

The beauty of it is that it makes credential creation simple yet effective. I don't ever have to physically type any login myself. KeePass automatically recognizes the url I specified and fills out the credential fields.

I don't know what the fuck I was doing before using Kee Pass. Probably being a retard and relying on my shitty browser to store my passwords or some cave man tier notepad shit.

The only negative thing I can even think of is that the UI is pretty dated, and I don't think it works on mobile. Not that it bothers me, since I'd never want my Keepass DB on my fucking phone.

>But that's a single point of failure
True, by that can be avoided by backing the DB up. It has plugins that makes automatic backups, in which you can sync into a cloud service of your choice.(Encrypted of course)

>A hacker could target keepass
Nope, It has built-in memory protection and tons of other security measures. There hasn't been a case yet of anyone hacking KeePass.

I don't care to read any other suggestion in this thread either because KeePass is simply the best. There's nothing better.

Attached: screenshot.14.png (487x481, 40K)