1080ti

Thoughts?

Attached: GeForce_GTX_1080ti_Front.jpg (4976x2614, 2.28M)

is it really that much better than the 1080?

neither is worth the price

What's your current card?

MCM (multi core/stacked GPUs will be here in 202x) so either wait or get something now you're gonna hold onto for a long time because prices are gonna go through the roof (ram cartel and miners)

1080s where cheap before the boom

As a 1080 oc owner no no it ain't.

Neither can do 4k 60fps maxed out

I have 4, what do you want to know?

I wouldn't spend more than about $750 for a new one.

Will the price drop to $700-750 within the next month? My RX 560 is artifacting and I really want to replace it but I don't know if I can hold out until the next GTX cards come out and whether they'll be a huge upgrade over the 1080 ti.

It is a lot more powerful compared to the normal 1080. 2560 vs 3584 cuda cores, and GPUs with the same architecture scale pretty much linearly with their core count.

No. Memory still expensive and mining profitable.

Overkill unless you're rendering stuff

That's a huge leap from an RX560 to a 1080ti. Do you really need top of the line like that?

Is it actually possible to prevent really high temperatures (thermal throttling) on a leaf-blower with good enough airflow in your case?

Of course it is possible with a waterblock for reference designs but I'm talking pure air cooling here!

A friend of mine passed on a 4k monitor and the rest of my system is pretty nice, 1080 ti's look like the only capable 4k cards out right now so it's tempting

Why is the Zotac not overpriced?

I got my 1080ti FtW3 in November from B&H for $750. It's now $1069.89. Mining is such a fucking cancer.

What's the next generation coming out?

Announced at summer
Delivered in the fall

It will probably be delayed. Nvidia/AMD would be fucking stupid to release a new gen when current gen prices are still increasing.

increase memory voltage by like 0.05
increase core voltage if doesnt fix
else ur probably fuked lol

They're actually dropping right now, mining kiddies are finally selling at a loss. I'm seeing ads for used mining rigs everywhere.

mine has heat issues.

is watercooling the only solution?

Price? I just bought one on wish for 1 dollar

I was waiting for Black Friday last year to pick one up, and you already know how that story ends.

At this point I want to see what exactly Volta will do with these prices or if we're going to have to wait for the Volta TI.

It's about to be irrelevant. Nvidia announces their new shit in July and will likely release them soon after. New architecture is said to be 130% better than the 1080 ti

RMA you idiot

>got Vega 64 for 400$
Nvidia tears taste delicious

"130% better"

elaborate.

this sounds like apples marketing

I have a 3440x1440 120hz g-sync monitor (dell aw3418dw) and I'm using a gtx 970 waiting for the prices to come down. The 1080ti's price has already normalized in my country but I don't know whether I should buy it or wait for the new cards. What do we know about them so far?

Just recently bought a 1080ti, money isn't a issue but knowing that I'm paying $300+ from 180ti MSRP is ballsacks

Your probably better off buying a gaming laptop.

I too read that one article on April 1st that saw the 130% increase in Half Life 3 compared to 1080ti.

I am also 12 years old like you and cannot wait for mama and papa to shell out that coin for minecraft 4k

I doubt it, 4k 60fps will be out of reach for another 3 years probably.

Reddit tier garbage.

The 980Ti/1070/1070Ti/Vega 56/64/1080 are all in the same ballpark of performance, with the 1080Ti a sizeable amount ahead in anything but the most AMD biased benchmark. Look at any GPU performance charts, you get the lower end cards, a big clump of ~kinda high end~, and then the 1080Ti on top with the Titan Xp.

ha

I own a 1080Ti and it's the best 4K card you can get for less than $1000 but I'd at this point recommend waiting because I think Nvidia will release the 1180 this summer.

>mining kiddies are finally selling at a loss
This. Stating to see used 1070s at around $330 + shipping. Will probably drop even more within the next few weeks.

YES FINALLY
I just couldn't stand this crypto bullshit I just want to line up the miners against a wall and execute them with dead GPUs shot out of railguns

Its already happening, mining became worthless, it was never worth for private / home miners (Unless they did it 2010). I hope the market becomes flooded so I can replace my HTPCs 960 with a 1060 or 70.

>1180
isnt it called the 2080?

No point because the ti will kick the crap out of it and likely have 16gb vram

>order pre built online
>i5, 1060, 8gb
>arrives without issue
>after setting it up I check the specs
>specs say I have a 1080 in there

What is going on? Could this be an error in the spec checking software, or did they build it wrong by mistake? I know I didn't order a PC with that card because I don't have the money for it.

Gaming laptops can have cards and CPUs that have similar names as the ones in desktops, but the performance is very different. Laptops have relatively bad thermal management systems, for starters. But the cards in the laptops are also really different themselves. They are mobile versions.

I think the normal 2080 will have 12GB RAM, 15GB on 2080Ti and 16GB On the Titan. But I think they won’t be Volta, but something else.

what the fuck
just open it up how fuckin dumb are ya :^)

Attached: DUSRs_PX0AA64Fw.jpg (600x600, 36K)

The new cards will be expensive as fuck because they cost more to make than the current cards did at launch.

I think you underestimate how bad I am with computer hardware. It's why I buy pre builts. I only came into this thread because op said 1080 and I remembered the name from when I was checking my specifications.

Gamers in the house say YEAH!

Attached: 1522782725106.gif (413x243, 51K)

Watch youtube on how to replace a GPU. Its literally just pulling it out of the socket you brainlet.

I run two 4k monitors with every day use. Using one 4k for games on ultra like pubg and battlefield everything runs fine no signs of stress. Only lose 20 fps when i activate the other screen above me to watch a movie and play games. Great card and a massive upgrade from me 980. Plus it looks good too. Got it inside my phantom case so there's lots of room so cooling isn't an issue unless you're an idiot and cram it in a mid tier.

Attached: ^2E63217A937D3B902ECF02CE9DFB970BC9B1C9304C7A4D26EB^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg (1200x900, 91K)

it's the easiest thing ever you fucking mong I tinkered with PCs when I was 7 and I'm definitely no big brain wojak

I have the exact same monitor and run a 1080 ti (technically, 2) and it is crispy.

Attached: 04EE8093-CB21-45F5-8384-47C30DA3E8EA.jpg (4032x3024, 2.86M)

Dont buy 1080
its either 1070 or go 1080 ti at all

>Niggabyte

The 1070 is bare minimum for 1440p 144Hz. The 1080ti is overkill mainly due to its price. The 1080 is sweet spot.

>tfw got an almost brand new 1080 ti for free

Attached: 1439835318214.jpg (300x250, 11K)

He’s watercooling them retard. Doesn’t matter what brand makes the fans if they just have waterblocks strapped to them.

Can you stop mugging people ?

abloo bloo bloo

>what is pcb and VRM

Why are you happy about this? It's a piece of shit card. You'd be better off using it for target practice.

>Not good enough for 4k
>Overkill for everything else
>Costs over 1500$

JEWED

volta seems like a wash for gaming thats why they have ampere

absolutely no competition from AMD so they prices will be insane

my 1080 will be the last nvidia card i buy, ill wait for something cheaper and faster from amd in 2020
dumb fuck just download GPUZ and take a screenshot psot here

I just bought a 1070Ti off eBay, gonna wait for something nextgen until I upgrade.

Powerful but EOL. Shouldn't've waited for Vega.

used?

lol

>$330
for me theyre still like 550€

Fuck buying gpus until the next gen hits the market.

Why can't a PC be as powerful as a gaming console of the same price?

Thats true prices have been dropping here now on weekly basis as well. Two weeks ago you could only buy 1060 for more than 400 euros now there are ones popping up for 299. Which is still too much.

Wait for Nvidia Turing

It has Nvidia RTX technology for raytracing like Volta so the lies about it being a Pascal refresh is pretty much wrong

The 2080 will be priced at $1199.

It's a two year old die size

Do not buy outdated technology at inflated prices

Wait for the new series

The question is, when will the new cards drop?

I bought a 1070 for 500 dolalrs pretty happy about not estatic though I can wait 4 years for 3000 gen before getting something more top of the line.

Should I keep my EVGA 1080 TI black edition or sell it a week or so before Ampere hits the market?

Vega cards have already dropped in price. The past few weeks that have been steady from a 50% drop in price which already occurred in March. Whether they will drop more in price is debatable. But newegg is selling them with promo codes which means they are trying to get rid of the current stock for the next batch they will price even lower. Zen+ releases on April 19 so just hold off a little longer.

Same reason why it's cheaper to buy a car than build it yourself. Console and prebuilt PC companies buy the parts bulk at discount. The consumer meanwhile pays full price for individual parts.

Tonight, on things that never happened...

Any time now, they will be expensive as shit though. I've seen rumors as much as $1400 for the 2080.

I run mine on air, and have zero problems.

Not sure what to tell you. Maybe send it back?

will the new xx80/xx80 Ti provide stable 60fps @4K resolution?

Lots of posts saying that the prices are too high for what they should be... but what is the price you'd buy at?

Watching ebay and 1080 TIs still ending around the $700-800+ mark. Which is a lot better, but still way too close to what they were new.

looking for a new gpu for my next build should i get the 70, 70ti, 80 or 80ti

also nvidia sell the 1080ti for 600 vs 800 from a partner. so stock or aftermarket?

Unless you're running 4K, there's no real reason to upgrade in the near future. The 1070ti may as well be a 1080 in terms of performance.

Founders Edition is fine if not for the noisy fan. Often it's found Nvidia hoard the better binned chips for their own cards.
At that price I'd definitely go FE, and if the cooling is inadequate, spend the difference on aftermarket cooling.

Yeah, I upgraded through EVGA's step-up program and got like 10-20fps more in games at 1440p. I put a hybrid cooler on it because it got fucking hot. Now I can overclock it and it'll run cooler than any card I've ever had.

Attached: 1517915897529.png (488x488, 256K)

The real question is if it will provide 1080p/144fps stability.

Hybrid cooler? You mean it's a water cooler, I presume.

Yeah, that's what they call it. I had to buy a little tool set, but it was pretty easy to install. Totally worth it.

Attached: 400-HY-5598-B1_XL_1.jpg (1200x1200, 818K)

I love my 1080 ti. I was able to purchase it at $779.99 (when they first came out). The same card I purchased is currently selling for $1,328.00. I've watched this card go all the way up to $1,500 and down to $1,000.
This god damn crypto bullshit needs to end. As far as I'm concerned the only way to get a GPU at MSRP is waiting for the next version and purchasing it immediately

I'll probably just purcahse a 1180 TI (or whatever it will be called) just so I wont get fucked if I actually need it.

Attached: 1478917106757.jpg (224x300, 22K)

Where do you get "not good enough for 4k"? It'll get pretty consistent 60 fps on high settings. It won't do 4k 144 Hz of course.

And you can get them closer to MSRP now, from places that do some gimmicks to prevent miners buying them -- Newegg bundles that cost about the inflated price but throw in a motherboard or whatever to make up the difference, 2-per-customer limits and discounts at MicroCenter if they see you're buying parts for a gaming rig.

It can't do 4k maxed out in like 5 fucking games, all of which are shit

rma it

Well, whatever it's called I have no doubt the first consumer version of Volta or Ampere will be faster than the 1080Ti even if it's not the true big-die 1080Ti successor. Nvidia purposefully staggers their release so they can get dumbasses to double dip instead of releasing an entire generation at the same time.

Can it oc or is it still locked ?
We are a long way off from the average mid-high end card being able to handle raytracing in real time.

Only those $1k+ cards will barely
Does it at least do 60-100fps+?
I heard it's still bottlenecked by memory bandwidth

im fine with this

Let the idiots but into the x80 early before the Ti comes out

only reason i got a 1080 because it was $300aud cheaper and i am only playing at 1080p

Is it smarter to buy the x80 non-Ti card or the x80 Ti every year? This is assuming that money is of no concern whatsoever, so don't say neither.

Attached: 1516831963724.jpg (684x445, 148K)

This is for VR, ignore monitors.
I'm trying to figure out if I'll need to upgrade my CPU if I wait and buy one of the new cards. I wouldn't for a 1070ti which was my original goal. Now I'm thinking of waiting though.

Attached: I regret win10 every day of my life.png (660x525, 36K)

Got one at launch. Pretty fucking beast of a GPU.

Undervolt it and that's where things get interesting.

0.900 vcore at 1924 core clock, max power consumption about 180 watts

Overclock it for bench stuff at 2139 core clock and 1.093 vcore and power consumption about 300 watts

Fair price at launch, not that good now with the mining shit