How long until Firefox just becomes a Chromium overlay like Opera?

How long until Firefox just becomes a Chromium overlay like Opera?

Attached: _AgS8Urc_400x400.jpg (400x400, 16K)

not in your lifetime :)

already happened

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 102K)

When it switches to Blink

Why would they switch to a shittier engine?

Because they've been run by absolute morons for almost 10 years now

When they removed XUL extensions.

Always makes me kek to see faggots defend Brave despite it beating Firefox to the punch in that regard.

I don't see anybody defend Brave, here, let alone use it.

Plenty of people had been on Jow Forums for a while.

fpbp
The day Firefox switches to Blink will be the day the web becomes essentially owned by Google.

It already did.
Anyone with actual tech literacy on Jow Forums either uses a 3rd party firewall maintained and created by actual security experts to sandbox their browser and control any and all credentials and access points that the browser or extensions ask for, basically treating the browser itself as malware and removing the need of relying on incompetent dumbfuck memory leak producing browser coders for any security buzzwords they use to justify removing and castrating features from browsers; or is on Linux/MacOS and doesn't need to care about security buzzwords from incompetent dumbfucks who now fuck all about security when they can't even produce clean ordered code anymore.

>Anyone with actual tech literacy on Jow Forums is paranoid as fuck
I would certainly hope not.

The opposite of paranoia is naivety and stupidity, so i hope they are.

Hopefully servo ups it's game.

Blink is better than Gecko

Lmao

gecko has only really stalled with firefox placing so much importance on hiring indians

>The opposite of paranoia is naivety and stupidity
Pretend I posted a retard Apu, your post is so shitty I can't even be bothered to find one.

I'm not sorry you are retarded since i'm not your parents who made you like that, all i can tell you is to enjoy being a tool for other people because you have the mindset of a tool and a good slave.

>long, insult-filled rant
The last resort of desperate losers on the Internet.

I'm too paranoid to become a loser like yourself user, don't you remember? You have the memory of a loser, that's for sure.

>I'm too paranoid to become a loser like yourself
You keep telling yourself that.

And you keep being a submissive tool for other people. Now we can all sleep like babies at night knowing we have our roles.

cringe

shills are not people

What's the best Greasemonkey addon now? Violent Monkey?

There isn't one. Userscript addons have been castrated intrinsically and can't function like they used to anymore at all due to the Chromification.

tampermonkey

>t. samefag retard

botnet

What's wrong with focus? It's legitimately a really good browser.

It's probably using WebView or whatever the fuck it's called. It's the same on iOS, just use whatever's underneath and don't bother to do anything different or useful, just prettier.

Attached: thetrashmancometh.gif (580x433, 1.57M)

Why would Mozilla not use their own framework? Do you know how retarded that sounds?

i dont know but i was just about to uninstall firefox because of the huge fuckin memory leaks. (i actually upgraded to 16GB ram because i thought i needed more ram...that wasn't the problem).
just found out that you can kill individual firefox processes without crashing firefox.
FUCKING FINALLY.
jesus goddamn fucking christ.
chrome was so much more fucking stable but i liked the way firefox handled certain things.

so they didn't fix the actual memory leaks but now i can just kill those processes that are using 3GB+ of ram.

There's a huge chance they're not memory leaks. Memory is used for caching, this is specially true for browsers. And of fucking course it's going to use 3+ GB of ram if you have 16GB installed in total. You shouldn't ever care about ram until everything starts to run slowly, you're experiencing crashes or other issues. But of course you bought more ram, you're dumb.
Fucking idiot, just shut up. I bet you're on windows and a /v/tard too.

i have always had problems with firefox and memory leaks.
always have.
never found another browser as good (besides memory leaks) as firefox so i stayed with firefox.

i loaded a few sites.
went back to Jow Forums and then one of Jow Forums tabs stopped responding.
checked task manager.
firefox using 6GB of ram.
closed the firefox process that was using 3GB of ram
Jow Forums page crashed.
reloaded.
everything was fine.
this just happened about 45 mins ago

Works on my machine™

firefox: its 2018 so now instead of fixing memory leaks we now kind of give you an option to kill the process without crashing firefox. sure you still have to open task manager for this but it's better than nothing.

Not him but I leave firefox open all day and never go above 1.5GB of RAM. I've used it on multiple devices and havent had problems either.

because there is no easy way to see where the leaks are coming from i have never found out where it's coming from.
like i said, i've always firefox memory leaks. been using firefox since 2004 or 2005.

ive posted several pics on here when it hit 12GB.

2014 was when the undoing began, they've been losing users yearly ever since, despite this they assimilate more and more, ignorant to the fact that Firefox users like Firefox, not Chrome.

Do I have to repeat myself? You should not care about ram until you're experiencing issues. Of course you should not be able to just pick random processes and kill them.
Unused ram is indeed wasted ram. That is completely normal. Not to mention there are a few categories your OS classifies memory as. Available, free, cached, unused, whatever. I can't recall how all of that works on windows.

Apple won't allow them to use anything else

Using Firefox with 4GB of RAM was more painful than Vivaldi. The difference being the extensions I needed to make FF usable like Vivaldi all destroyed my resource usage whereas Vivaldi it's all built in. Thus, before we even talk about tab load FF was shitting itself on a low end system. That's really sad when Vivaldi beats it out.

> You should not care about ram until you're experiencing issues.
Single tabs consuming gigabytes of RAM isn’t an issue?

Opera 12, bitch.

yep if you don't sandbox ur ff and block 70k+ domains with os/router you don't belong on Jow Forums

>Violent
is ok

>huge fuckin memory leaks
that is a windows only thing
linux version werks the same as b4

>firefox focus - focus on privacy - very secure
>you still have to specifically opt out in order to do what it's supposed to do
ahahahhahhahahah

hahahah

ahahahahha

hahaha

have you tried

Attached: 2018-04-13-091143_1680x1050_scrot-or8.png (219x153, 3K)

It's good for iFags, because Apple doesn't want "real" browsers on their phones (and that's the reason why Mozilla made this in the first place). But on Android, almost anything else it's better.

>memory leaks aren't an issue haha unused ram is wasted ram

Hey Jow Forums. Recently SOMEHOW Firefox removed option to play videos in browser with external/custom player (in my case I use MXPlayer). So its either this very primitive built in HTML5 player that literally can do play and resume. Absolutely no customization or anything in that matter. Chrome havent had this feature at all and when long pressing - lets you choose to download video.

So, what are some well customizable, unbloated browsers for Android? Firefox and Chrome drop out and think Opera too. Any other suggestions?

Attached: ZvmtaSXW_400x400.jpg (400x400, 8K)

>still looking for quality on mobile devices
When is Jow Forums finally going to realize mobile is a clusterfuck privacy nightmare that needs to die?

What do you mean quality? Having an option to play videos with external player is literally the very basic feature and existed in ancient age Androids from 2012. I want unbloated browser (like Chrome, FF or Opera are) that support very basic shit. Like what the fuck, built in HTML5 players have literally NOTHING besides play/pause, mute and fullscreen. And even when enabling fullscreeb it acts weird.

On Android WebView comes with every Android phone, so they have to ship almost nothing and the browser becomes extremely lightweight to download and install
Since Android 5.1 WebView it's updated separately so they can blame Google for vulnerabilities
I used Brave on mobile since it's way faster than Fx while having a usable adblocker, but the lack of sync and extensions makes it pretty equal to Fx Focus, so it's almost pointless

why?

On iOS, you're not allowed to use any browser engines other than WebKit.
On Android, well, the point of Focus is that it's a lightweight browser for people who don't want to install the full Firefox. Since every Android phone ships with a built-in browser engine...

collects your info

test

I waited 8 hours to post this.

IT'S SLOW AS FUCK BOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII