Is it true that Javascript may replace all low level languages in the near future?

Is it true that Javascript may replace all low level languages in the near future?

Attached: javascriptBlog2.jpg.png (300x300, 70K)

Other urls found in this thread:

destroyallsoftware.com/talks/the-birth-and-death-of-javascript
developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/WebDriver
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I don't see it happening.

No.
Not until they establish some standard of syntax. As it stands any skinny-jean wearing soy-latte sipping cuck can change the fundamental syntax of the language and leave readers guessing if this curly bracket is an object or some other monstrosity these soyboys have duct taped on to the language.

The language is strictly defined by the standard with multiple independent implementations, just like, say, C or C++.

it is true
You can program a driver with javascript but you cant program a webpage with ASM .

dumb post made by a first year CS student

Yes. And we won't be using operations systems anymore. A web browser is enough.

you can program your os and drivers etc in javascript

OR, you can have something like chromeOS
This IS the future of computing

It will, employees want to be paid, and want raises, developers in particular want to fuck all or work on passion projects, so desktop apps will be written in js, this will create a standard (lowering of a standard some would say) which will eventually erode to os level, your ram is belong to mutability now
Nothing personal kid

>you can program a driver with javascript
but why?

>strictly defined
Lmao
This is coming from a JavaScript user but the language is a monstrosity of fixes upon badly implemented features upon rushed features upon patches. There is an useable js core fore sure, a subset of the language that one can use to write decent programs. But the language itself is the furthest thing from strictly designed. JavaScript was rushed from the first day, and since then it has only gotten worse. It’s a Frankenstein monster, an abomination of a language. I like it though, because I know which parts of the language to avoid like the plague.

This is a rather interesting talk about how JS can become a low level language:

destroyallsoftware.com/talks/the-birth-and-death-of-javascript

I'd like for you to post things that are part of the Javascript language and are not strictly defined by the spec.

It's a gold mine for freelancers you can literallly run a function with a comparison and say see its just not working I gotta spend five more hours on it

Is it true that Common LISP replaced all low level language in the past?
No?
Symbolics LISP Machines were too expensive?

Still the case.

It can when encoding and deciding json becomes efficient

I don’t mean they aren’t strictly defined by the spec. You can have a well defined spec, that doesn’t mean the spec is good. The language is a prime example of rushed deadlines and feature creep. In order to be used for low level work it needs a serious clean up, which would break about 80% of web apps

I'd like to quote the post that started this:

>Not until they establish some standard of syntax. As it stands any skinny-jean wearing soy-latte sipping cuck can change the fundamental syntax of the language and leave readers guessing if this curly bracket is an object or some other monstrosity these soyboys have duct taped on to the language.

we;re discussing whether it's strictly defined, not whether you like how the language is designed.

sadly this user is correct, and inb4 latency, it's strictly defined and it can be accounted for with mor ram, you do have the new normal of 64gb for chrome tm don't you user?

Javascript will continue as the premiere programming language for people that don't know how to program.

This is one of the most idiotic things I've read this year.

You don't belong here.

Sure you can write terrible code in JavaScript in the same way people can write terrible C++. Most languages are bad but proficient users will find ways to create good maintainable code. For most applications its not about raw speed but about their reliability and if you write good JavaScript your code will run smoothly cross platform. Just don’t use the bad language features. JavaScript has a good developer experience once you learn how to set it up.

No.
JS isn't and won't ever be a low level language by definition, first of all.
C is not a low level language btw, and JS won't ever replace C if that's what you mean.

What would you consider low level language then, besides assembly and machine code.

Electrical impulses.

the only way is if a compiler was absolutely so perfect it translated javascript into binary or into c /java/ assembly etc

so it depends how far in the future that meme is

>C is not a low level language btw
we're so sorry we don't program in binary you JS pleb

judging by the average IQ of your average CS fag: yes

I expect so and it makes sense. Lots of work is being done on asm.js, wasm, webgl, gpu.js etc.

I love ES6. Haters gon hate

Attached: thread.jpg (1280x720, 135K)

It's not far off from what's actually happening, but it failed to predict that JS would be replaced by WASM, which is designed for exactly this purpose.

Short answer: No
Long answer: Noooooooooo

Kill me before we enter this nightmare future.

There's already a microkernel that implements a WebAssembly userspace in ring0.

Yeah

*take more soy*

developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/WebDriver

>JavaScript
>low level language
Is everyone on this board just a meme script kiddie?

By definition low level languages are Assembly and other native languages

I remember that you have to install a shitload of frameworks only to have functionality that Python can do with their base libraries.

Also that Javascript package manager is atrocious.

>no import
>have to use shit like Webpack

:^)

Or: Hardware garbage collection.

This still doesn't solve the problem where JS is not actually fun to code in.

>destroyallsoftware
destroyallsoyware

Remember when bait threads were good?