Anyone got a source for STRAIGHT android boxes?

Anyone got a source for STRAIGHT android boxes?

No Kodi or any other bloatware bullshit. Just a clean android install.

Attached: androidbox.jpg (1200x1200, 134K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Et2GSx52KzM?t=4m58s
walmart.com/ip/Mi-Box-Android-TV/54827138
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Xiaomeme TV box has Android TV. No idea how bloated it is, but it should be less bloated than the shitty laubchers that other devices use.

Yeah it's called an Amazon Fire TV

Good troll homes android firestick 2 here.
Fucking sucks.

I know the firestick sucks, that's why I said Fire TV

Anyone know of one that can handle Blu-ray remuxes?

cant you just replace Kodi then?
dont know how locked up these boxes are

I don't want kodi or any of that shit, I'm not planning on using it as a TV box.

Man, it's seriously hard to find an equivalent to Apple TV.

I've been thinking of getting one. Top priority is x265 Hardware decoding, if it has 12 bit decoding even better but it's highly unlikely

I'm happy with my Tanix TX9, but as you said you don't want kodi
Nvidia Shiled or a Firetv is your best choice.

Shield TV

Redpill me on kodi. Why can't I just download movies on my computer and watch them on my TV with an HDMI cable. What does it do different?

I have an add on on Kodi which allows me to browse all movies and shows which exist in the imdb and when i start it it connects me to one of the many websites where movies and shows are streamed

using kodi i don't need to "download" anything, just choosing a movie and enjoy

youtu.be/Et2GSx52KzM?t=4m58s

Nvidia Shield is the only reliable choice. Even if you find the stock OS is botnet you can easily flash LineageOS onto it.

ponzi scheme = you change IP sources often
and no one likes to wait for a torrent/download before watching

So? Do we need Kodi to stream now? I plan my movie watching way in advance, so I don't have this problem anyway, but torrent clients can prioritize chunks and certain video file formats can be played while incomplete. This gives you "streaming" over the torrent protocol.
Also, how does Kodi guarantee quality? If it picks a download at random, will it get me the 480p YIFY release one time and actual watchable quality another?

>and no one likes to wait for a torrent/download before watching
movie torrents take less than 10 minutes to download

It's practically stock Android TV M. There's a row of "recommended apps" but it's easy to disable them. You can use adb with an USB A-to-A cable.
Kodi is a media center. You can play media from local storage or from a NAS. There are also addons that can stream from various online sources like YouTube. There are also addons that can illegally stream movies.

Nobody speaks Nazi why should we care

Some of us still get 10mbps on good days

Kodi gives you a ui to do exactly that and will scan files names to add movie covers and actor lists and so on. People who use kodi to stream are cancer who should br ignored.

i get 10 mbit on a good day and i still perfer to download a movie rather than stream it

So do I, if anything that only goes double for slow connections. Wait 10-20 minutes to give it a head start then watch while it finishes downloading. Best way to do it. Only thing I was trying to say is that it takes way longer than 10 minutes to download a movie.

I sell these... What do you need to know?

user just buy a used desktop/laptop and install kodibuntu or debian and just run torrents or megalinks on it. Don't fall for the android box meme.

>Also, how does Kodi guarantee quality? If it picks a download at random, will it get me the 480p YIFY release one time and actual watchable quality another?

This was my experience

>watch stream
>buffers for four hours
>Is like this for 6 months
>plays wrong episode/language
>Gotta find a new source since genesis,exodus,and etc are shutdown

That will be your life with kodi streaming and like groundhog day it will always repeat. Just torrent/mega and run it locally like a sane person.

>People who use kodi to stream are cancer who should br ignored

Agreed. I use to stream but after multiple shutdowns it just became a pain in the ass to use. Ive used kodi on ubuntu with local files and was very impressed with how great it was to use.

Can you flas LOS on a firestick?

Mi Box is your best bet. I have two and they are much better than that generic chick shit you find online. You can even pick one up at your local walmart.

walmart.com/ip/Mi-Box-Android-TV/54827138

Not OP but how is it better than a fire tv? What custom roms can it run?

I like it better than my fire tv stick. I don't know about custom roms, I just run stock.

Too bad you can't use an external HDD on it.

Yeah, I have a Kodi server so I just use that.

No idea, you'd have to check XDA for that. I'm suspecting that it is not possible but some megamind nerd may have figured it out.

Ignore the streaming retards, the best use for Kodi is indexing all those movies and TV shows you've downloaded and setting up your own personal Netflix