Why is Python so comfy, bros?

Why is Python so comfy, bros?

Attached: IMG_4791.jpg (200x200, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Text-based_user_interface.
github.com/peterbrittain/asciimatics
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

because your mother

I was reading something that dave west said about this, it’s because you found a language that clicks with the way you think about and approach problems, so you work with the tool because you intuitively understand it. He didn’t use the word comfy but it was pretty much te same

Because low iq ditch for js, non renaissance men ditch for go and high iq creatives use it to write the bare minimum code bases that they can easily maintain themselves will holding an air of superiority of runn nothing but your own tools day in and out

Cause it's two sneks fucking, OP. Are you that dense?

because it symbolizes a cross
deus vult

>list comprehension
>procedural
>indentation

Comfy af

This makes sense but php and c (explicitly excluding the cobbled clusterphuck that is and always shall remain as c++) but that's not the reason python is extending to comfy status. The language is built for the type of people whole build applications in there head, then sit done and write them, just like c was written so someone cough rms coinstallgentoogh sit done and write an os for free, you see in that iteration it wasn't needed that the programs be written mentally and implemented swiftly because that cat was in the bag as far as what computing power was capable of, tldr python is the intuitively ( other than the whitespace and lack of brackets) written language that has an apparent role to play in our artificially insentiented waifs

Side bar here with me, am I delusional in believing if Apple released it all, os ios the works, as open source would the community not naively jump deck from gnu to full blown plebix?

I ask because you display good taste and surely can appreciate the swift language seeing as it was also clearly written by someone not on the verge of a breakdown

It's not. Even java is comfier.

Java is pajeet tier object oriented programming. Absolutely disgusting.

Python has bolted-on dunder-method OOP

Probably has the most nigger fanbase outside of C.

Because it uses 10% of the syntax of C/Java to do the same thing. Unfortunately they ruined a lot of it with Python 3 instead of simplifying things further.

I can't really program at all, but when I've tried to learn so far and when I see code others wrote, I find that scheme is the cutest and comfiest. I like all the round parentheses protecting everything and keeping it looking nice and tidy. Also, polish notation is really cool.

>import numpy.linalg
>x = numpy.linalg.solve(matrix_1, array_2)
Man numpy and scipy are the bomb.

shit-tier b8

>Python has bolted-on dunder-method OOP
This...it makes you resort to stupid syntactic tricks just to make variables and functions private. Don't even get me started on the stupid "self' nonsense... It just clashes so much with how simple and deliberately anti-verbose the whole rest of Python syntax is even if its lolNotTuringComplete

Java without all the "enterprise" shit and the absolutely retarded pattern religion culture is actually nice. There are landmines, but every old language has those. Overall it's workable for real tasks.

t. C# developer who actually doesn't like Java very much, but isn't so blind as to honestly believe Python is better than it.

i find c++ to be extremely comfy. everything just comes so naturally to me with it.

Recommendations on a cross-platform GUI library for Python?
Also is there any good library for creating a TUI. The default curses doesn't appear to support Windows.

>stupid syntactic tricks just to make variables and functions private
Compared to the stupid syntactic trick of prefixing variables with "private"?

>the stupid "self' nonsense
Explicit is better than implicit.

I use wxPython. It is pretty easy to rap your head around if you aren't a tard. I've noticed that very recent Debian seems stumble when using wxPython programs so it may not be for you.

Also, "TUI"? Don't you mean, CLI?

>wxPython
Thanks user, hadn't heard of that one before.
>Don't you mean, CLI?
Don't think so, en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Text-based_user_interface.

Not having to worry about brackets is intuitive. Forced indentation is intuitive, though not the most practical. Python is just really easy to read and write. Not the most powerful, not suited for large projects, but definitely comfy.

Reverse Polish Notation is even cooler. Nothing is more comfy than zero-address assembly. Even the JVM is a stack machine.

Compiler flags aren't a "syntactic trick", and the use of decorators and underscores in Python is abhorrent. I write this as someone who learned Python first.

There isn't one. Java doesn't have one either. I have no idea who does have one, maybe REBOL.

github.com/peterbrittain/asciimatics

PS: Don't give me that Tao of Python crap, Guido forced Python to break every rule in that book. His design philosophy is inconsistent and the horrific feature creep is ridiculous.

it's not. it's a shit toy language

>Not having to worry about brackets is intuitive. Forced indentation is intuitive,
oh greay, so they added these major brainfucks only that newfag idiots have it easier for the first 8 minutes? autistic language by autistic retards

It almost makes it easier to understand
When a line is indented it is "inside of" the lines that are further left than them

Everything about python works the opposite way i think about problems. The only times i use it is when i have to.

>dynamic language
>easily maintainable code bases
ahahah

most people use macOS already. they just keep their pet thinkpad with Arch/Gentoo to rice it and post in /tpg/ threads

Because comfy

i dont care about displaying epeen. i wan comfy and i wan working

Attached: 1497415661344.png (747x491, 30K)

It's a very casual language. Newfag idiots are the target audience. They want to whip up a script in 8 minutes and never code again in their life.

Thanks user.

>Compiler flags aren't a "syntactic trick"
They serve the exact same purpose. Python just makes code easier to read because you can instantly tell what the access modifier is without going to the variable definition. It also avoids the horrendously verbose api for when you do want to access a private field.

>Guido forced Python to break every rule in that book. His design philosophy is inconsistent
Just because some parts of Python aren't as good as others doesn't meant that the parts that are good aren't.
When you take a method pointer in C++ it suddenly gets that extra parameter for the object even though it's nowhere in the definition. Talk about inconsistency.

>forced indentation is a major brainfuck
The absolute state of Jow Forums brainlets.

>Guido forced Python to break every rule in that book. His design philosophy is inconsistent and the horrific feature creep is ridiculous.

This.

Python is not a bad language, but whenever I read that "muh pythonic way" stuff I laugh out loud..

I guess at some point they just thought "oh f*ck it" and included every feature in a differnt way.

well, pyqt is pretty easy. I have no programming experience and could write time saving little programs with it. I heard pyside will get included in the next official qt version so we don't have to use pip anymore.

Python, R and C are the holy trinity of comfyness

Python gets really ugly for big projects

I don't even..

>reddit spacing
>..
>f*ck
Is this some kind of a joke?

Mainly this. But since I only do physics scripts and microcontrollers it doesn't bother me.

This is false and probably a shill. I have a friend that owns a MacBook Pro but has installed Arch on it.

>I have never written production code: the post

What is paying for a proffessional IDE?

How do I into python? What are some projects I can start working on, in areas where Python really shines? No hello world or fizzbuzz shit please, I mean real projects that showcase what Python is good for

I'm looking to get into Java, but I hurl at the sight of the Oracle homepage. are there any good resources on modern Java practices? also, what's the least bloat, least config required, sensible framework to get started with?

java is comfy

Simple data processing scripts.

I use it to break apart file types I've reverse engineered and put them back together. Works pretty well, and the facts that it's interpreted, loosely typed, and super low boilerplate saves me loads of time when making simple tools.

It's great of small stuff (generally scripts or embed into another application) and a kind of "free matlab" using anaconda.

But it's a retarded choice for anything else.

for*

I built a small interface for accessing a local MySQL database for keeping track of my small business using python and gtk+

It's pretty comfy and easy to use. I use to sort client's data, generate reports and even keep track of payments and printing tickets on my POS printer.

It's basically a kitbashing language

Wanted to learn a web dev language this summer in my free time.. I already know C, c++, and python to at least an intermediate level.. don’t know shit about web dev though. I’ce heard good things about something called Flask? Or should I learn JS(node.js)?