Hackintoshes

Why people don't build Hackintosh but buy a real Mac an pay an extra?
Pros of Hackintosh:
>Muh freedom
>Wider choice of hardware
>Cheaper too
Cons:
>Updates might break the system
>Takes time (although the fruits of hard work is tastier)

Attached: images (3).jpg (470x313, 13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/b/CZtJ7P
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Convenience, lack of knowhow, ignorance.

There are online tutorials... loads of them...

>loads of them...
Perhaps that's the problem. If it was one guide, streamlined process and not having to deal with the whole "I need a virtual machine or a real mac" for it, more people would try that shit.

If we look at that, we have lots of tutorials for transformers figures too...

Cons:
>OS X is a shitty OS, even GNU is better.

That's debatable. But this is not the topic here.

>But this is not the topic here
>Why people don't build Hackintosh but buy a real Mac an pay an extra?

>because
>OS X is a shitty OS, even GNU is better.

that is exactly the topic, you fucking retard

>macOS is a shitty OS, even vaporware is better.

Or maybe not many people want to use MacOS/OSX

Yes.

>retard
I'm in university... and please refrain from shit and retard type of words. That's kindly appreciated. Also, I'm talking about real Mac vs. a built Mac.

>hackintosh
>freedom

Attached: 1517067706673.png (1278x720, 765K)

You're a tremendous faggot.

I'm straight... I got a gf

Literally the only reason i use a hackintosh is that i can't afford a Mac.
um, sweetie, it literally is GNU.

Attached: .png (432x97, 26K)

>GNU from 11 years ago

Attached: 1523429712726.jpg (250x249, 8K)

improvements over 11 years:
>?

Many

name 1

i cant get it going on my cpu and neither can reddit or guys on tonymac. xeon e3 1230 v5, asrock e3v5 gaming oc

Yeah I wouldn't bother with hackintosh unless you're buying parts to ensure compatibility.

Look at the 11 year changelog for yourself you lazy nigger.

Apple is about to restrict macOS to their proprietary motherboard and possibly proprietary CPUs.
The Hackintosh community has maybe four more years left.

But if you want a current reason:
>shit hardware support

systemd :^)

The average person still has problems googling things.

Apple sales figures disagree with that. OPs point is why a bigger portion of those people in the sales figures don't just Hackintosh, but I already answered that.

You know the people that know how to build a computer won't buy a Mac

WiFi doesn't work on Hackintosh.

Most of them wouldn't buy one in the first place, even without Hackintoshes being a thing.

>WiFi

> Using shitty stock cards

Is it possible to install it on a stock Thinkstation S30?

Introducing: Vaporware/GNU/Linux

the general person isn't very tech savy
the general person knows how to use windows
the general person most likely doesn't even know what a partition is

If you want to do it as a hobby fine, but people who aren't broke generally just pay more to not have to fuck with it.

But > general person would still go for linux.
Go figure !

Quit being a cheapskate and spend $1900 on a new 2015 Macbook Pro. Get the Apple experience.

6 laptops hackintoshed. One of them was a winblows tablet (fried mobo) and im currently using it on my ThiccPad P50.
Pros:
>Loads of fun when you get shit working
>Bonus points if your device hasnt been tested yet
>Not too far from its Linux counterpart
>Have better graphics drivers (arguably) than linux, less than windows
>Xcode seem to run better on some setups than real macs
>No overheating and throttling on good built laptops (laptop dependent)

Cons:
>Time consuming (if your device hasnt been tested or made into a guide, it may take you from a week to a year)
>Limited hardware compatibility (no Optimus on laptops, some GPUs wont work, AMD and older CPUs need supechul treatment)
>Updates can and will break some stuff if you replace vanilla binaries from the macos system with a modded one instead of patching it on-the-fly.

>mfw it took me 5 minutes to find the power button on that case

Attached: 1521599010202.jpg (1024x727, 104K)

Oh really? So you think that everyone can afford one and those who cannot shouldnt use the system because they dont have money to get some "Apple Experience ™©®" certified crapwere that will overheat, break, kill your pocket and eventually be just a social media brick without any valued functionality.
Also, that Apple Experience of yours can be made even better with touch PCs, trust me, it's a waay better experience that Apple will never give you. Also it's way cheaper and (most of the time) as powerful or even more.

The jealousy is palpable in this one.

>muh freedom
Wat. How does proprietary software become free just because you run it on some slightly different hardware configuration?

Attached: wat-12.png (404x404, 118K)

Because if you're the kind of person who even desires a Mac, you are not the kind of person to make it yourself.

Attached: apple-5.jpg (500x315, 38K)

i have a hackintosh and i like it, but your reasons on both sides are kind of stupid. if you care about freedom, go use linux. you don't get any real freedom from a hackintosh. it's not "free" in the sense that you're talking about. your choice of hardware is wider, but still extremely constrained. if you want to run AMD or something, go find another operating system.

the only solid argument aside from cost is that you can have a physical configuration that's different from standard apple options. i needed a tower and a ton of IO ports, and a mac pro was way, way, way out of my price range.

as for cons, the whole "fruit of my labor" thing is dumb. go learn woodworking or something. if you want to get a computer to the point of working, you want to put as little work as possible into that - not turn it into a whole grueling endeavor

half of the reason for using OS X to begin with is getting away from ugly LED gamer shit, and fighting with modern component marketing schemes where the same exact chip is remarked 20 different times is probably the worst part of building, fuck what passes for "choice" in 2018

>Also, that Apple Experience of yours can be made even better with touch PCs
>touch PCs
This is how you can tell you're speaking to a genuine paid shill. Take your wannabe iPad bullshit that's utterly ruining Windows and shove it up your ass, Raj.

systemd is shit and at the same time good. And it is not a part of gnu.
GIMP. Many tools has been added.

Pretty much this. I've tried Hackintoshes several times in the past, but I always ended up only booting it up once a month, since I couldn't find a single advantage over Windows.

>I'm in university...

Attached: 1513963392652.jpg (800x1125, 162K)

is this shoped

I was under the impression the main advantage to using a mac is that the software / os is optimized to the hardware that macs generally use. Wouldn't a hacintosh defeat that benefit of using a mac?

OSX is shit my dude, literally a gimped neutered linux.

How to do it right

pcpartpicker.com/b/CZtJ7P

Attached: 173238.d87319a5e6475953323b7ff3cd45b29b.7d51f876ceb0829d775b66218e3827c8.1600.jpg (1200x800, 102K)

no, ugly bitch peaked at like 12 or whatever she was in that movie.

Attached: Chloe-Moretz-804.jpg (773x1024, 60K)

damn. i wish i had those shoulders

mac os core is open source

Been trying out hackintosh systems for a while: Ryzen and Intel, Radeon and Nvidia. My favorite so far is my humble x220. It's basically a $100 MacBook.
Windows is a shit OS for laptops imo, so it was either Linux or MacOS. MacOS lets me use proprietary software for work while still being Unix for my lifetime of custom scripts.

If I had time, I'd love to go Linux for work, but I can't risk WINE for work stuff (regardless of how smooth and stable it is now).

This is the official poorfag thread of Jow Forums ?