Firefox > Chrome?

I currently use Chrome as my day-to-day browser both on my phone and my computer, but recently I've been tempted to move over to Firefox. I have a Chromecast hooked into the TV in my room, but I could control that with my phone. Persuade me to swap/not swap to Firefox Jow Forums.

Attached: 2000px-Firefox_Logo,_2017.svg.png (2000x2000, 515K)

Other urls found in this thread:

chromium.woolyss.com/#command-line-flags
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It feels like Chrome has been getting steadily more popular than Firefox recently, but I don't like Chrome. It uses too much memory. That's about the extent to which I have thought about this.

Is firefox faster?

I hate chrome, option to reset history and deleting cookies automaticly is missing. Need to do it manually.
Its obvious that data colectors created it

If you have a decent amount of RAM, chrome is decent. It does hog more memory.

I find myself having trouble deciding between the two myself sometimes.

If Chrome had tree style tabs I'd use it.

I have 8GB of DDR3, I'd upgrade but I don't have the money. Buying new RAM obviously would mean going from DDR3 to DDR4, and that means I'd need to get a new motherboard, then I'd need to get a new CPU too... I'm too fucking poor for this shit. And that's without even mentioned the price of RAM itself right now.

I have a question, I use CTRL + 1,2,3,4 to cycle through my tabs, CTRL + T to open a new tab, CTRL + W to close them, CTRL + Shift + T to open one I recently closed etc etc etc. Do these shortcuts transpose to Firefox or would I have to painfully rebind them?

It's the same I'm pretty sure.
I use ctrl-w to close and t to open new tabs and everything and I just tried out ctrl-1 and stuff and it seems to work fine.
I'm not sure but I feel like pretty much all of the hotkeys are the same or at least very similar with chrome and firefox.

Just stay with ddr3, they stIll work great

This . Until you feel limited by the CPU stick with it

>Just stay with ddr3, they stIll work great
Sooner or later I'm going to need to upgrade to DDR4, its typically faster anyway, and once my motherboard or CPU goes, I'm going to have to update anways. DDR3's still doing fine for me, I'm pretty much future just futureproofing myself by getting DDR4 once I upgrade

Icecat if you're a Linuxfag
Firefox ESR if you're a wintard

>Icecat
They don't get security releases for weeks to sometimes even months.

Opera >>> both.

Yeah well explain the memory leak problems buddy :^)

>frontend dev
>I must write -moz-whateva because you fuckers use this shit...
fuck u

Attached: satania fuck u.jpg (640x640, 46K)

Yes, Firefox is better than Chrome by the sole fact that it's not (((Google))). Other than that they're about the same, except that Firefox is a little lighter I think. If you're into compiling shit, Chromium took 2 days on my toaster while the latest Firefox only took a few hours.

Firefox with Decentraleyes, NoCoin, Ublock Origin, HTTPS Everywhere, Privacy Badger, and Start Page is about as secure as you can get on the internet and very /comfy/

>You fuckers inconvenience me slightly because you insist on not just handing Google a monopoly over web browsers.
Yeah, what a bunch of assholes we are.

You need chrome to use mega

Just bee urself

Enjoy your high memory use

I tried switching from Chrome to Firefox, but after about a month Firefox started locking up my computer.

Now, I imagine the actual fault probably lies with my computer's hardware in some way. But in the course of a month I had four lockups while Firefox was running, yet in the months since I stopped using it, zero lockups. So, avoiding it seems like a prudent course of action.

I have 16GB on this MacBook Pro. Enjoy being poor.

>Macbook

Attached: 1465584595181.png (171x278, 74K)

>He uses poor people's computers

Attached: heuseswindows.jpg (1200x943, 124K)

Mobile Chrome is a steaming pile of garbage. It gets worse and worse each release and the UI is atrocious (uneeded long animations, tab button at top where I can't fucking reach it...).

>Fagbook "Pro"

Attached: 1523572043692.gif (288x288, 1.93M)

Hahahahahaha!! FagBook!! How clever!! Did you tell mommy you thought of that one? So original! You must be the smartest user evar!

You can make it start in incognito mode, which is like private browsing for Firefox - chromium.woolyss.com/#command-line-flags

When fireshit will use at least 1gb less ram, then maybe it will be better.

Chrome is quicker. It does less stuff in the background (less api's, but it's getting better), so it is limited in what it can do extension wise, but this equals to a faster experience.

>option to reset history and deleting cookies automaticly is missing
Is this what you mean?

Attached: Capture-2018-04-14-10:38:20.png (379x199, 16K)

Firefox has mobile addons that just make the experience a lot better

Thanks.

I would use firefox if it did not make my GPU run at full 3D clocks all the time due to its shitty coding.

Temperature differences in CPU/GPU while using Chromium based browsers is significantly lower. Not only Chromium runs faster, it is way more optimized than anything Shitzilla has ever made. And now with Quantum, memory usage is no longer an argument.

Huh I totally just tested this and you're right about the usage. I didn't notice this because I use Nvidia inspector multi display power saver. And it stopped Firefox from upping the clock speed, which is why I never noticed.

What a shit frontend dev you are if you can't into web standards.

Was using Chrome since it was created until I encountered some weird bug that I can't fix even reinstalling. Switched to Firefox, and well, it works fine. I didn't feel any difference in terms of speed.

I love the extensions.

Firefox is a great browser and I love the customization it just hogs my cpu and memory. If I could find another browser that was just as customizable security wide I'd use it. Until then I'll stick with it.

Stick with Firefox on your computer.
Use either Brave, Bromite or if you're ready to go through the performance issues and lag, Firefox Nightly or Beta. Firefox is pure trash on mobile

just from a security perspective chrome's sandboxing is still superior, no?

Firefox on mobile performs perfect for me.
Having extensions makes it even better.

Idk, firefox lets you choose different levels of sandboxing. And now it has tab containers which is pretty nice.

ah yeah forgot about that, would be nice to read some expert evaluate that.

WHY DOES IT USES SO MUCH MEMORY PER PROCESS

is there any way to auto clear the search box or add a button to clear it on linux?

Default of 4 does use quite a bit but lowering it really doesnt hurt performance that I've noticed. I tried lowering it to 1 and had ~30 tabs open and didnt notice a slowdown. I usually leave it on 4 though because RAM usage isn't an issue for me.
You can check out the other cache settings too if you want to lower it more.

Attached: content_process.png (1923x1269, 108K)

I personally really like Firefox. It gives the user a shit load more control over their browser than Chrome does. It has some flaws, but I think their mission is one worth supporting. Normies pretty much only use web browsers these days and so I think we ought to try to get them to at least use FOSS software as much as possible

I won't persuade you, since you're making the obvious choice. Firefox is better in practically every front than Chrome.

Agreed, both browsers have their flaws but in the end firefox offers more and it isnt owned by an ad company which makes blocking ads and trackers harder.

>reddit: chrome
>facebook: edge
>myspace: firefox
>Jow Forums: vivaldi

pick of ddr3 for cheap as fuck on ebay

Jow Forums would be opera
makes sense, the chinks now control both

yes and they will always be superior because they have a full staffed team that explicitly is looking for holes (in both chrome and other browsers, but they don't have control in other browsers to implement fixes especially ones that need infrastructure shifts).

firefox mobile doesnt work for Jow Forums shitposting, so i use chrome when i want to shitpost
>inb4 botnet
youre already doing google captcha.

It would be interesting to see if the newest firefox and chrome tesed with all security settings possible enabled. Have there been tests?

Nice shitpost retard

telll me how its a shitpost. I'm using firefox desktop right now.

Uninstalled SJW fox and never looked back

>what is an autoprefixer?

this, supporting ideologically retarded people just makes things worse

The other mainstream browsers do the same, either directly or indirectly

I personally use Vivaldi and it works perfectly. I see no reaon to go back at Chrome or Firefox and its forks nor do I see a point in trying other alternatives.

Google are a lot worse.

>communist nigger platform vs communist Jew platform
I’d rather use Opera or Vivaldi thanks.

Significantly slower. Also the extensions suck since the API sucks.

Attached: thx for nothing.png (1510x130, 14K)