Redpill me on chad battery charging

Redpill me on chad battery charging.
>don't discharge below 20%
>don't charge over 80%
Does it actually matter?
Is it a meme?
Snakeoil?

If not, how does it work and why should I do X?

Picture unrelated.

Attached: 1522497162144.jpg (2100x1500, 281K)

Charge when you can. Partial charges are better than full charges because there are fewer cycles. Thread me.

Shouldn't let your battery go below 30% too often and if you're always recharging your phone because you're on the go don't charge over 90%.

But if you're at home, you it's fine to let your phone on charge the entrie day.

low charge is what degrades lithium batteries
don't worry on devices, since they'll have automatic shutoff
not charging doesn't matter unless you plan to leave it in storage, in which case it matters so little it may as well not.
basically don't worry because most devices, and most batteries, are idiot-proof

>Does it actually matter?
>Snakeoil?
It's just a better practice

>Is it a meme?
No, it's science.

/thread

It doesn't matter. Just do whatever. Most of what people think they "know" about batteries was relevant in the 1970's. We've progressed a bit since then. Given the lifespan of phones it doesn't make much difference what you do.

similar question - should I keep the batteries plugged in my old thinkpads even if I have them at 100%? basically, does it even affect the batteries if they are in but the laptop is using AC 90% of the time?

For li-ion it's almost meme. The trick is not to LEAVE them below 20% or above 80% for extended periods of time - that is, many weeks.

>Redpill me on chad

Attached: rms.png (2520x1920, 2.99M)

>But if you're at home, you it's fine to let your phone on charge the entrie day.
how does this even make any difference?

looking forward to this question too, don't wanna kill my x220 battery, since where i live is actually expensive and harder to get.

>everything posted up until this post is standard lithium specific advice
>this faggot thinks every battery type is the same and 1970s batteries even matter

nobody says keep it in the fridge, nobody says let it drain to 0%
that is 1970's shit. not 1 person said that.

But there's more of them so the benefits cancel out.
Just keep them from extremes. 100% and 0%; hot battery or cold battery also no go.

Not a meme. If you want your battery to be healthy, you discharge to 20% and charge to 80%. Uses much less cycles then charging to a full 100 and that means longer battery life

>Does it actually matter?
No.

Any device worth its salt has circuitry that does this shit automatically.

It doesn't matter since your new device will be obsolete in 5 years regardless of your charging cycles.

Little known fact, when your battery in your phone hits 0%, it's sitting around 3.3v. lithium ion chemistry is considered to be fully discharged at around 2.8-3.0v
So when your phone goes flat, your battery pretty much is at 20%.
On the flip side, 100% is 100%, and that's not amazing. So my advice is to not give a fuck About your phone going flat, but use an app to limit the charge ceiling to 90%

This.

>Given the lifespan of phones
>I'm gonna throw this phone out in two years tops. Might as well have shit battery capacity by then.

>But there's more of them
A partial cycle is a partial cycle. Charging from 75% four times is only one cycle.