Signal

>Signal
>Wire
>Telegram

Which is the least botnet? Which is the best?

Attached: ? twice.png (850x478, 668K)

Other urls found in this thread:

signal.org/android/apk/
conversations.im/compliance/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Riot.im

All are botnet. There is no escape

Nobody is going to use that shit dude.

I tried signal, but the call function didnt work with me nor.a friend, we've since moved to telegram and it seems a little better. Both are fine for messaging, riot is a little sketchy.

Right now, I believe you. I don't even have it installed. Still, it only takes two to use, and setup is faster than a letter gets sent

the fully libre version of signal using websocket instead of Google play services

Where?

Last time I checked their apk download instead of google play still used you google services you idiot

there was an fdroid repo at eutopia.cz
it might not be there any longer, but you could probably apply the patches and build it yourself if you aren't a scrub

Carrier pigeon

>send CP images to friend by carrier pigeon
>some hunter shoots your pigeon
>collects the bird with the CP
>hands it in to the police
>use forensics to arrest you and your friend

>65531368
>send CP images to friend by e2e encrypted channel
>friend has government trojan
>get arrested even faster

Signal is the least.

This again.
>Signal is not on F-Droid
>Wire is not on F-Droid
>Telegram is on F-Droid
If you want me to use your app (and I want to) put it on a truthworthy repository.

>have to use a repo.
Must be a cuck.

Me, my friends and family use it on my own server. Feels good to be botnet free.

Is the main riot server trustworthy?

No less trustworthy than the other services at least. But I like my chats local. Less of a problem if you use e2e.

>Which is the least botnet? Which is the best?
Wire > Signal >>>>> Telegram

Honestly Wire is a little more botnet (until it gets federated and shit) but it is way more normie friendly. The SMS replacement thing by Signal is confusing.

Signal doesn't care about usable design so I no longer trust them with my privacy. It's ridiculous that in 2018 such a tech is so closely tied to the front end. If Open Whisper Systems actually cared about providing a valuable service to humanity they would distribute their platform as a docker image or similar. Then actually UI/UX people would be able to make something actually usable out of it.

Neither of the 2 are good yet, but at least Wire doesn't require (((SIM cards)))

signal.org/android/apk/

If you use encryption, then I believe messages are encrypted client-side

It's a curated list that also provides time-saving compiled applications for download

All are botnet, unfortunately. There is no hope. No escape. Embrace it...

All of those are botnet. What you want is a XMPP client with support for OMEMO. Try conversations from the F-Droid store. You'll have to convince your friends to use it too, which may be slightly problematic. You can run your own XMPP server or use one of the numerous ones available.

Attached: CuteChuu45.webm (1280x720, 2.18M)

Why do people keep mentioning Telegram in these threads? Might as well add Discord and Skype then.

BOTNET

Isnt Wire more of a Skype replacement while Signal is a Messenger/Whatsapp replacement?

botnet botnet

They share the same features but Wire have conference call. And Wire's desktop client is not shitty.

Riot would be a Discord alternative.

> unencrypted
> encrypted
What's confusing?

Signal is their worst song by far

XMPP with the required protocols for encryption - OMEMO and/or OTR.

You can pick any compatible client and/or server with it:
conversations.im/compliance/

Signal. Get the apk which doesn't need Google stuff. Don't fall for le phone number meme (stop using Firefox it's leaking your ip address to websites), don't fall for le US meme (they could same the messages right on NSA servers, still doesn't natter since shits encrpyted).

Signal isn't perfect but currently the best solution for secure messaging. Everyone telling you otherwise is shitposting, baiting or shilling.

This, don't listen to the NEETS here.

Attached: lxFDD-4n.png (512x512, 24K)

>Wickr
>Wire
>Telegram
>Skype
>Signal

That is my order of preference

post momo

Signal is the least botnet, but Telegram is the best one (and there are actually people using it).

> don't fall for le US meme
You think it doesn't matter at all that they could do any number of things with the server, client or your communications for the most superficial of reasons?

But even the security of the encryption pretty much depends on this. A small "mistake" and everything from then on is easily decrypted. Or maybe it's simply your keys that get submitted to anyone who needs them. Who knows.

Just make your own. Make sure each message and call goes through 7 randomized proxies.

Is Tox a real competitor or is it just a meme?

Meme, Signal and Wire are the only two messengers even worth using.

Whats wrong with WhatsApp?

my sides lmao

Well Senator, we're working in an AI to solve the issues.

Attached: 1523463214772.jpg (967x1010, 156K)

Telegram just got banned in Russia because they refused to give the government a backdoor. What does it tell us?

Facebook bought it. The original WhatsApp dev even donated gorillions dollars to Signal, #deletefacebook

Telegram has no encryption by default which makes it even less secure than WhatsApp.

Completely proprietary & doesn't federate. You have to go along with whatever dumb shit they do no matter what and determining whether it is safe at any time or leaking your passwords and messages requires a team of 1000 crack security analysts that you can never afford.

Has a history of actual security problems that suggests they aren't exactly hiring any of the same guys to try and make it secure.

Has been sued in germany in 2016 for illegally collecting and forwarding data. And so on.

This isn't /b/.

That a company knowing they had a very small or limited market in one country, decided to use that limited market to expand their major markets by creating propaganda that would make people in their major markets think that because they denied to let Russia in, they would do the same for a government In a major market where risking loosing their users do to legal recourse from the government would end the company.

>botnet
I wish we could get back to using terminology that actually makes sense.

How do you forensics a dead pigeon?

Spyware, enjoy.

Closer, but really it should be "which doesn't have a backdoor".

>actually fetches software and software updates himself
sad

It makes sense right now. People generally don't think of robots as something THEY control. They might be hostile and uncaring.

Pretty much the situation with botnet software and hardware. Does all sort of things against your interests, without you ordering it to.

>Is the main riot server trustworthy?
If you use the available end to end encryption then it doesn't really matter, the message contents are encrypted/decrypted by the clients at either end and the server can't read them.
They still have metadata like who you talk to and when but that's a problem with every system except for things like Tor (which only solve the problem by splitting the metadata between multiple server operators and trusting that they aren't all the same guy).

Having used Wire for a long time now, the calls are usually terrible. It's laggy and randomly loses connection every few minutes.