Why does open source software always look so ugly?

Why does open source software always look so ugly?

Attached: ubuntu.png (1280x1024, 245K)

Goodbye.

Attached: 1478634201099.png (3840x2160, 1.3M)

Why does your mom always look so horny sucking my fat cock?

Why are you so fucking stupid as to have no clue on how to change themes on Linux or any open source software for that matter?

Attached: Dumbass.jpg (403x448, 64K)

looks pretty good to me

>no multi billion funding like Windows/MacOS
>Every Distro is made out of different packages from different devs that were made in the last 2-20 years

Pic related is what I've got set up, looks pretty good to me.

>Linux mint

Attached: Muh desktop.png (1920x1080, 1.09M)

>gaymer wallpaper
>bing-bing-wahoo icons
are you trying to prove his point or argue against it?

Gamer scum.

>linux mint
I'm not sure why you'd use Linux Mint over Ubuntu, because it's inferior to it in every way up to and including being babby-accessible.

>Gamer Scum
Get out of here faggot.

This isn't /v/, retard.

The difference between someone who plays video games, and a gamer is that faggotry right there.
>completely obliterate any sense of aesthetic for tacky video game references everywhere
>on an OS that is shit for anything video-game related
>thinking this is worth screen-grabbing and posting in Jow Forums
It's the equivalent of wearing a "I'm close to levelling up so don't piss me off because killing humans grants XP, XD" t-shirt in public.

Just more fucking autism, I rarely game if at all and the icons are merely representations of the emulators I've got installed.

Attached: More autism.png (601x508, 114K)

Well shit,

Attached: Sigmund Freud.jpg (960x1382, 391K)

I also don't find why something being game related is somehow anti aesthetic or just borderline line terrible in design. Quite a lot of games (despite your opinion on "gayming") are master pieces and or artistic in their own right.

It's free as in 'the people who made it are amateurs who don't get payed'

You can rice it to your needs and make it look like how you want it to

Because Linux mint is an easy to use stress free OS that just works. Ubuntu or Gentoo or whatever other linux distro you have in mind tends to be just to tedious to use and or setup. Besides, I like the desktop set up of Linux mint. Pic unrelated.

Attached: Return of the retard.png (866x900, 95K)

Why are you so fucking stupid as to believe that cobbling together a bunch of amateurish garbage from deviantart or *-look is the solution to this problem?

dumb wojakposter

>Someone with an IQ below room temperature failing to understand the subjectivity of aesthetic taste

Attached: Die of aids sodomite.png (232x217, 14K)

Also Linux mint is fun and it makes my dick hard and

Nigger-Humanitarian rights= Disposable archaic hominid

Attached: Osiris.png (615x721, 539K)

Also, Linux mint is fun and it makes my dick hard and

Nigger-Humanitarian rights= Disposable archaic hominid

Attached: Bio-circuit.jpg (530x434, 68K)

Because that design is based on windows. Real men use i3.

Ubuntu is literally just as, if not moreso retard-proof than mint, with the added bonus of not having developers who give zero shits about security or update schedules. The only valid reason to use mint is if you like cinnamon and are too retarded to install a DE, and are also willing to sacrifice security for it.

This. You want something to look good, work good, BE good, you have to pay. Freetards aren't compensated for their "work", so everything is hot liquid ass.

lame b8 m8

thats not how you add icons to the taskbar
>remove that cantata (or whatever music player that is) icon
>right click on the running cantata on the taskbar
>pin
>now you have only one icon when it's running

try mint men

>work good

tell me one thing microsoft or mac does better than *nix, that isn't stolen from *nix

Well it is a little bit of a conspiracy. Open source OS like Linux and FreeBSD are about choice, so making the default ugly and unusable gives you an incentive to set up how you would want it to run, look, and feel. Some like i3, ratpoison and xMonad. Some just run lxde. Prettybois run Gnome or KDE. It is all about twerking

Not mine though.

This is fucking awful in every possible way.
I love it.

>bing-bing-wahoo icons

Attached: mugi17.gif (503x705, 360K)

because you're supposed to customize it

in regards to software functionality usually trumps aesthetics

open source software is usually full of fucking holes so to each their own

Open Source contributors my be good programmers but very few of them are professional designers.

GUI designers (or any visual designers for that matter) don't work unless they get paid and defining a consitant visual language for an operating system and a range of applications and then overseeing implementation of it all is a huge centralized project that cannot be done in voluntary manner.

Say what you want about the technical issues of GNOME, but that's the closest you got.

MUNEY

>caling it a taskbar

>Ubuntu
>tedious

Fucking idiot.

Because it's free and available for everyone. There isn't a specialized team created to actually satisfy the users. Everything is barebones stuff, there's no incentive to do better since no one is willing to pay and provide a proper support for the devs. You can thank the "free as in freedom" cancerous ideology for the current state of affairs. And probably nothing will change because stallman is considered a god among men in the technology field.

Why are you people still replying to this?

THIS IS NOW A SCREENFETCH THREAD

false flag

go back to your shithole

Free software can be beautiful

Attached: 2018-04-14-103054_7680x4320_scrot.jpg (7680x4320, 3.7M)

>beautiful
>disgusting weeb background
>desktop icons

Neck yourself

cute neko

Shit like this is why there should be more support for UX-centric projects like elementaryOS, lest we want to deal with the fucking foot forever.

still looks like ghetto macos

linux will always feel like a second tier desktop experience until distros ship with a DE that has a unique desktop metaphor.
chasing windows and macos just leaves us looking like chink bootlegs

too bad people threw a huge fit over elementary wanting to make money and now no one else is going to bother unless they're someone like google wanting to harvest all the data anyways

looks better than Windows desu

Where'd you get that huge monitor, and for how much?

Why, if you're trying to convince someone that Linux can look good, would you post such ugly desktops?
>uneven windows
>icons everywhere
>gradients everywhere
THIS is what Linux is supposed to look like, and it's beautiful

Attached: desktop_thread.png (1920x1080, 30K)

because people are like you are using it #omegalul #normie

>elementary wanting to make money
Ubuntu does the same shit though. When you go to download the ISO they ask for a donation. Why did Elementary get flack for doing the same thing but Ubuntu gets a free pass?

>icons on the desktop
ISHYGDDT

Attached: 1522765420973.jpg (318x246, 41K)

Ugly?
Pretty sure you're thinking of Microsoft Windows10.

cringe

Windows 10 looks like shit, faggot

KDE would unironically usher in the year of the Linux desktop if they could only figure out font rendering. It's the only thing KDE lacks. After three decades, Loonix still hasn't figured font rendering out, I don't get it. It's like they want to stay a shitty OS forever.

Attached: 1484973220835.jpg (255x255, 22K)

aww the little wintoddler is upset that people don't like his toyOS

>using i3
>being this much of a haXoR
Jesus.

Attached: 1519016171965.png (1682x2684, 292K)

Off yourself you masonic-tard.

Attached: 1508383042786.jpg (744x747, 126K)

here's your (You)

For me, desktop icons are useful for things I am immediately working on and need to turn in soon. After I finish working on them and/or submit them to wherever they are to be submitted, I either delete them or move them to another folder that's not on my desktop. The desktop can be very useful if you treat it like, well, a desktop. Don't clutter it with useless shortcuts that you can just add to your taskbar or launcher. The desktop is a good way to keep yourself reminded of what you're working on and keep it directly in your focus every time you start up your computer.

>uptime 2 weeks

Jesus christ. Shut off your computer for once.

>things only winfags say

That's Ubuntu's doing. Default Gnome Shell looks pretty good.

Canonical just loves that big honking bar on the left. What an eyesore.

See:

Ironically, Ubuntu looked a lot better with Unity, and yes, Gnome looks fine without the Ubuntu theme.

no

Because you get what you pay for, faggot.

Because Ubuntu merits donations with it being a distro that has serious development behind it, while Elementary is a glorified reskin of Ubuntu, on top of that they were being very immature about it imo. They should look for different methods of monetization, the "pay what you want" model where 0 is actively discouraged is kinda gay. There's so many ways to earn dosh nowadays without coming across as entitled Apple UX team rejects.