Signal

What does Jow Forums think about Signal?
I don't like the fact that Signal uses Google's javascript on its website while he claims to protect our privacy.
Also, the server is hosted by Amazon: whispersystems.org/

Attached: flu.png (236x243, 31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

signal.org/android/apk
korben.info/Signal-a-des-vulnérabilités-dans-son-code-source-qui-devraient-vous-faire-fuir/435689
github.com/signalapp/Signal-Server
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Botnet. Uses Google play services.

I use it, it's the simplest alternative to get people to use. Better than having my messages stored with my cell provider.

Full blown botnet. That kike was approached by lettered agencies. He has problems with people hosting own server for some made-up reasons. And like you mentioned uses google js, amazon server, and gcm. Avoid. Right now the safest bet is to use silence or self hosted xmpp with otr or omemo

do you still live in 2016?

>lying on the internet

Don't listen to the agents ITT. Signal is the best defense against mass surveillance. Even recommend by Snowden.

Snowden can go wrong sometimes.

I'd like to see a messaging app utilize block lattice.

Only for push notifications.

Thua is a botnet

There was a fork that used websockets, but it used a shitton of battery in the background. How would you solve it bud?

signal.org/android/apk

This, there is something fishy as fuck going on with signal. Even telegram seems more legitimate despite its utter incompetence.

Shills are going full force, it seems.

>doesn't even have encryption by default
At this point even WhatsApp is more secure.

Whats up with all the shills in this thread.

Have you actually found a vulnerability in the source code or are you just going to strawman?
I fucking hate nu-Jow Forums

I like that the project is supported by Freedom of the Press Foundation, and the Open Technology Fund. The fact that they are based in the USA, is a big red flag to me. I'd rather use Wire or Threema. But still there's a problem, none of my relatives and friends won't trade in whatsapp for either of them. "Why would i? I already use whatsapp and so does everyone else"

It doesn't matter where the servers are since the stuff is encrypted.

>"Why would i? I already use whatsapp and so does everyone else"
I have the same problem with my friends...

The server contains the private key so it does matter.

thats cia nigger honeypot bonet
use silence instead

Can I use anime stickers with it?

Retard.

>silence
Shit doesn't even have VoIP.

>don't use signal, its a botnet
>don't use tor, its a botnet
>don't use systemd, its a botnet

I fucking hate neo Jow Forums.

>everything is botnet
>only way to escape the bot is suicide

Attached: 1520428824617.gif (500x280, 1009K)

>it's the simplest alternative to get people to use.
I'd argue that's Wire.

Attached: 1_HGOjR6XbP5SrAwpqvlOwAw.png (2000x1130, 859K)

Good counter argument

Attached: 1461235965713.jpg (225x225, 6K)

korben.info/Signal-a-des-vulnérabilités-dans-son-code-source-qui-devraient-vous-faire-fuir/435689

?

>fucking cuck baiter not even able to make fake believable site in English he has to uses his native language

We got you all figured out, Pierre.

Attached: 1481589877996.jpg (255x241, 22K)

>frogposter criticize user for not knowing english
>he has to uses
The absolute state of Jow Forums

Attached: grXbijJ.png (1330x1080, 821K)

broken link

botnet

Le lien est cassé, camarade.

Attached: beno__t_hamon_peut_il_gagner_la_primaire_du_style___6811.jpg (560x705, 246K)

Je pense qu'il a fait exprès. J'ai pas trouvé son lien après une recherche duckduckgo.

Not on F-Droid
>So for the original question, publishing Wire on F-Droid. At the moment we don't comply with the inclusion policy, as there are some dependencies that are not open source. We are certainly interested in getting Wire on F-Droid, but for the time being it will not happen.
Useless

Citation needed

It wasn't bannen in Russia so it must be botnet.

literal criminals and wanted people use signal. why wouldnt Jow Forums?

It's a botnet. Pic related is the only option for sane people. It uses the double ratchet encryption introduced by signal while being decentralised like email. You don't need to give any information to sign up as many accounts as you want. The android client conversations is available from f-droid for everyone to enjoy

Attached: serveimage(2).png (1200x1234, 86K)

It doesn't matter where the data is stored.
The messages are encrypted and not readable anyway (and any other server would get scanned by 3-letter agencies anyway)

The encryption is secure and you are safe from mass surveillance.

Botnet made by a dirty kike.
The only true patrician instant messaging protocol is XMPP.

With distributed protocols such as matrix or xmpp, you can host your own server. You'd probably notice if the nsa tried to wiretap it

Placebo. Use briar.

Not even for that, only for wake up

No it doesn't.

Reminder that "it's the jews" and "botnet" while open source and obviously no botnet is the cancer killing Jow Forums.

>Reminder that "it's the jews" and "botnet" while open source and obviously no botnet is the cancer killing Jow Forums.
The servers aren't open source and you can't host your own for some reason. Stop shilling so hard.

Wrong

When will you people understand the backdoors go all the way down? They can read every single thing on your screen if they wanted and no software you can install will change that.

>The servers aren't open source and you can't host your own for some reason.
github.com/signalapp/Signal-Server

Idk, getting someone to use a new messaging app for day to day is hard if they are in SMS then an app that handles secure messaging and sms is easier than a secure slack..

>Taking advice from a SharePoint admin

>requires a SIM card
Dropped. Wire is better.

Found the parrot who can't think for himself or even understand what he's parrotting about.

Signal requires a phone number, yes. It does so for security reasons: It creates a unique hash. The hash is also the only thing that actually leaves your phone, not your number.

Kys

I don't want or need a fucking SIM card. Why are they forcing the users to have a literal spyware just to register? What's wrong with email? What's wrong with not having to provide additional contact information? What about users who want to use it on a desktop exclusively, or primarily?

>requires phone number
>google libs bundled by default
>centralized
>shitty client
>shitty electron based "desktop" client.
botnet + shit tier.

Attached: 1523363346946.jpg (450x539, 100K)

signal is nice. i use it with the friends i still keep in contact with. turned on message deletion after a week. use it as my primary sms app as well.
wouldn't be able to get tech dummies to use much else.

> making stuff up to make herself sound smart