Anyone plan on getting this?

Anyone plan on getting this?

Attached: 324342234234.jpg (768x409, 46K)

i'll wait for reviews, then decide between this and 8700k for a new build.

>8700k
I always thought of inteltards as idiots.
Dude, z370 is a dead platform and is born odsolete.
We know since last september that the z370 will have a lifespan of 6-8 months and we are now close to the release of z390 chipset.
If you want to be stupid, at least do it the right way.
(reviews are out already in some sites about the 2700x... But it makes me wonder why people still consider intel cpus as an option after all the ME meltdown and spectre fiasco)

>every CPU comes with a Wraith cooler in their packaging
Neat!

No, since it's slower than an 8700k in gaming and slower and more expensive than a dual E5-2670 system for everything else.

Tbqh even if I got an AMD setup it is still extremely unlikely that I'd upgrade anything in it before long after AM4 has been obsoleted anyway. My current system is closing in on 6 years, and I really doubt AM4 is going to last that long.

intel made sure i never buy their stuff ever again

>slower than an 8700k in gaming

Attached: 1523673526898.jpg (705x740, 97K)

>posting GPU limited benchmarks for CPUs and CPU limited benchmarks for GPUs
Ahhh, the AMD playbook since 2006.

>I only play games on 480p low like a true IntelĀ® shi... I mean connoisseur

Another idiot.
Let's take the false assumption of 1070 being limited in 1080p
Somehow ppl assume that the 8700k gets 20% lower fps due to the gpu bottleneck and the 2700x cheats the benchmark be having less bottleneck than the 8700k.
You fucking imbeciles, if the gpu is limited X% in one cpu, it will be almost X% on all cpus.
The i-corelets suffer on 4k not due to being gpu limited, but due to having more cpu side calculations to do for the game.
Most intel corelet cpus are nearly 100% utilized even on 1080p games.
Get over it. Something bridges are EOLed

He only plays games on 480p with 10k gpus to avoid turtlenecks

>playin gaymes

Attached: nosoy.jpg (230x219, 14K)

KEK

Not sure. I'm tempted to hold out for the 8 core threadripper for better binning and slightly higher clock capability.

I have a 1600 and it'll hold me over for a while.

I wouldn't complain if there was an upgrade path provided by AMD or someone to trade in 1st gen Ryzens for the refresh. My only real performance bottleneck on my 1600 is the CCX penalty in multi-thread workloads (in my case PS3 emulation stuck on a 3C6T CCX). If that's fixed in the refresh as it sounds like it has, then I would love a 2600.

>trade in 1st gen Ryzens for the refresh
*for a little extra cost, maybe $60-90

>doing anything productive

Attached: The-Inventor-Suspension-Assembly-External-Components-LOD.png (1024x768, 282K)

Why is windows software always so depressing looking?

>Zen isn't as dead after this
You'll be buying new motherboards like a good goy next year and thanking AMD for it

Good one, you sure showed them.

Is this good enough for Bannerlord

underrated

eh, I'm happy with my 1500x

AMD already confirmed that the AM4 socket will work for all three generations of the zen architecture.

zen1/zen+/zen2 (ryzen1/2/3 including ravenridge1/2/3)

Stop spreading FUD

i have a 1700x but i think i want the 2700x because of higher clock speeds . help

Attached: 1521686842896.gif (200x200, 91K)

Huh? My whole point was that I'd be extremely unlikely to upgrade for any foreseeable version of Ryzen, be it +, 2, 3 or even 4.

Amazon seems to have a discount on the preorder.

Kind of tempted to hit buy desu.

But high ram prices and vidya card prices are holding me back.

I also want to wait and see if there will be bundles deals with motherboards

Attached: Capture.png (1054x341, 126K)

HEY WHAT THE FUCK WHY DO YOU GET IT CHEAPER

Attached: 1513190539675.png (556x430, 81K)

Dunno. The price is about 9% off retail.

2700 $385.80 vs $419.99
2700x $424.80 vs $469.99
2600 $256.77 vs $269.99
2600x $295.48 vs $319.99

I feel ya. I'm sitting on a old first gen i7 with 24GB of ram. dem ram prices :(

I bet you own Apple products.

because people use it for work and work is depressing

and literally any linux is not?

... what? Would that not be more reasonable to assume if I were constantly upgrading, like the good buying monkey apple users ought to be?

Attached: wat-11.gif (500x419, 239K)

Correct.

yeah

I meant more because of your attitude towards features. You don't think you will upgrade in the future, so you're happy to disregard that obvious benefit. How can you possibly know whether you will upgrade in 1, 2 or even 3 years. Hell, if you upgrade to a used Zen2 in 5 years, it would still be a worthwhile upgrade because the CPU will be cheap and you won't need a motherboard.

>How can you possibly know whether you will upgrade in 1, 2 or even 3 years.
Because I haven't upgraded in the last 6 years, and I'm still perfectly happy with the system I currently have. I can't even imagine a future where more would happen to CPUs in the next 3 years than have happened in the past 6. If anything, it's more likely that I'll stick with my current system for those three coming years.

Don't get me wrong, if I were to upgrade now, I'd certainly get a Ryzen and I'd even tell myself that the upgrade path is a feature. But I'm not.

>E5-2670

Are you being retarded? The dual-socket SB-E system is going to be more expensive than Ryzen 2xxx rig.

SB-E and newer Xeons hold most of their market value) and the system will consume more power (load and idle). The only advantage is that platform has more PCIe and registered ECC memory support (you need to get registered DDR3 and it is still not cheap)

Intel has locked down their Xeon shit ever since they got undercutted by retired "Westmere/Bloomfield"-era stuff.

I won't hesitate to buy an AMD CPU when it's better for gaming than Intel. I have zero brand loyalty and don't pretend that any big company cares about anything but the bottom line.

Attached: 1519117388994.jpg (759x604, 31K)

Seeing as you have the 1700X, just wait on Zen2. 7nm should bring even better clocks and possibly more cores.

I'm waiting on Zen 3 and Navi. Still rocking a 2500k and a GTX 770, I don't feel the need to upgrade yet, it has suited my needs so far.

I actually dont know if i should buy a cheap 1600 and then get full power zen 2 8c+ or just buy a zen+ 2600/2700 fml
Also they gay mods banned me for BTFO ruski pigs on b BIG LOL

Cuz mah X370 is not patched for spectre and unlikely to be patched for spectre now that the 400 series chipset are being released

I kinda want to, but then I'd also need a new Mobo, and then i might as well get more faster RAM, but i dont want to pay more for RAM then the CPU

Still doesn't have the serial horsepower I'm after. I'm waiting for Zen 2.

no hardware is overpriced shit for litle bulshit

ok gamer

>want to get Wraith Spire Prism cooler
>but have an Asus mainboard so CPU fan curve will randomly spike to 100% even though i am using the lowest fucking fan curve ever

feels bad man, my other MSI motherboard has way better PWM noise suppression

Attached: 1523426910653.gif (480x270, 3.2M)