Why dont they teach linux at middle and high schools

why dont they teach linux at middle and high schools

Attached: 1476887840816.png (357x368, 108K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marx's_theory_of_the_state
canaima.softwarelibre.gob.ve/
techcrunch.com/2014/10/27/apple-connected-program/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

coz m$

Because most kids can hardly save a Word document properly.

because they have 0 good looking computers to purchase

Attached: word.jpg (2048x1325, 269K)

Education is controlled by the state, which is controlled by the bourgeoisie, who use to maintain there current position in society.
If they taught free operating systems in schools, the bourgeoisie would be hurt, and as such they don't.

That would require teachers that know the difference between Microsoft Windows, Apple Windows and Linux Windows.

>education is controlled by the State
HAHAHAHAHA
Most of our curriculum comes from private corporations like Scholastic and Pearson. The State doesn't do jackshit but set low standards. More money= better education
The real answer is; Most kids hate computers and prefer smartphones.

>real answer is something that isn't the real answer
bravo

t. brainlet

Because it sucks

(((because)))

Because 95% of people will go through life never needing to touch Linux

Private corporations control the state.
Do you even understand the concept of the Marxian state?

>old middleschool scrapped the wood shop to install a Microsoft Surface and order in a bunch of iPads
>none of the students are even allowed into the Surface room and the iPads were assigned exclusively to the SPEDs

And the schoolboard wonders why they were all fired

Attached: 1519780189270.jpg (1280x720, 162K)

>Because 95% of people will go through life never needing to touch Windows
if learnt linux

1. Lack Of Market Share.
2. Unfamiliarity.
3. Technical Gaps.

>Marxian
>corporation
I think you just throw around buzzwords for max. emotional shock.

Attached: u.png (600x400, 16K)

>learn Linux
>need to actually do something
>now need to know Windows
>oh shit only learned useless commands in school and not how to operate a real OS

Linux is absolutely worthless as an OS unless your an activist.

When I was a kid we had 1 dos computer in school. Nobody knew how to use it. Except me and some other kid, who knew how to start up video games and create shitty loops that spammed the screen.

>linux is an os

Linux is just a kernel you ignorant fucks

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marx's_theory_of_the_state
I don't mean a state that follows Marx's ideals, but the concept of the state put forth by Marx.

teacher here

>most teachers are shit at tech, none know how to fix a computer, you think they'll know how to sudo?

>they fall for the onedrive googledrive meme

OH IM SORRY YOUR KERNEL IS WORTHLESS EXCEPT FOR ACTIVISM ARE YOU HAPPY STALLMAN

They do at some middle and high-schools, it is just a form of linux that nobody here likes: chromeOS

lots of freetards happen to be registered sex offenders, they aren't allowed near schools

top zozzle

>What is ChromeOS

>you think they'll know how to sudo?
Who said IT will give you admin privileges?

We used linux mint at our high school because it was too poor to buy a fucking windows installation key.

t. eastern europe

School IT heads are about as brainless as the students.

Attached: 1501925746714.jpg (600x811, 50K)

Fair point.

>why dont they teach linux at middle and high schools
i guess similar reasons to why they don't teach osx or windows? it's not considered necessary, kids learn computer literacy in their daily lives.

>His HS IT Guy didn't socialize with the kids
>His HS IT Guy didn't hold Guitar Hero matches
>His HS IT Guy didn't hold mini after school classes about software and hardware
>His HS IT Guy didn't introduce him to Linux

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Attached: 1521275367096.jpg (500x375, 57K)

Damn I'm jealous. My HS IT staff never did that. The closest I had was a maths teacher who was into programming and really old computers.

>All Linux includes GNU

it would create too many targets for nerd bashing, the bullies and other normies would have no time for studying

what is Linux ?

A Unix-Like system

My highschool did taught us Linux, Canaima Linux as part of a government program.
They also gave free laptops to some public schools but I didn't apply because private school.

Why don't they teach what?

>all these kids trying to fit in by spurting the fat communists rhetoric

This is planet earth retard. Go shill your inclusion elsewhere.

Linux is a kernel. There's only one.

Why would a school teach how to use an OS?

Michael Jackson back to Jow Forums

Attached: gahnoo_shills_btfo.jpg (1817x3230, 1005K)

I do kind of hope that Chrome OS in schools stuff takes off just so people grow up knowing they have options. Then Microsoft will be forced to make good products again.

Why would a school teach how to read and write?

Dude wat. The only reason they ever teach pc is just so they write an assignment about a fuckall point (I had classmates who wrote about WoW) and even then they only browse through the nets, find the parts they need, fervently and efficiently copypaste, save the .doc and keep browsing the nets all over again.

The only pro we could get with loonix is the awesum wtf faces we could see.

At mine they did Freshman year

Go to a communist country.
canaima.softwarelibre.gob.ve/

Found the commie

Because companies sponser schools to get computers so they're used to their software.

My middle of nowhere highschool got a bunch of Macs with Adobe software suite for teaching the "computer media" class, or whatever it was. It's cheaper for the school, and makes people used to the ecosystem so people will buy the stuff they're used to later on.

Proof of corporate sponsorship? I've worked in schools and they bought Macs and Adobe CS because those are common tools and the IT staff were Mactards, but never have I found any sponsorship.

Because it's irrelevant to 99% of users. Non-autistic people like things that work vs using e-peen software.

I wish I had that, that sounds comfy.

If you aren't homosexual or female, your phone uses this kernel

It was something I heard a while ago, it may have actually referred to something else after looking into it techcrunch.com/2014/10/27/apple-connected-program/

Might have just been a poor choice of budgeting for my high school. They planned on cutting shop classes in favour of "the arts", in a town with very few offerings to begin with.

>teach linux
>needing to be taught how to computer

Attached: 1495693370339.png (270x138, 9K)

Sucks man. One high school I worked in was the last in the district to offer technical classes and they have to fight damn hard every year to keep them. It also had a 40+% poverty rate but the “”””progressives”””” running the district thought that money should go to other bullshit instead.

> kids born after 2000 are in high school now
> dominant oses during their technologically formative years were ios and android

Attached: image.jpg (238x212, 44K)

this
18yos seem to have no problem with the fischer price ass interface of android and iOS, and their inherent flaws as a primary operating system

but who am I to judge if your computer needs are limited to selfies and facebooking

Because of the money. Here private schools use Apple shit and public schools use Wangblows.

linux is free

Your point?

How could school help to solve the /v/ and phone poster problems?