Serious question...

Serious question, what the fuck is the point of music hoarding when you can stream everything for free AND use your autistic terminal players while you do it?

Attached: Screenshot_20180414_234907.png (1366x768, 690K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=L5Hs309GQ9o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

1. Can't listen to your music if you don't have internet.
2. Youtube is shit sound quality.
3. Not gonna pay for a botnet service like spotify when I can easily download the music I want (much of which isn't on spotify)
4. Theres a difference between downloading the music you actually listen to vs. autistically hoarding mutiple TB's of music.

A 4TB external hard disk is like $100, probably less now. Are you that poor that you can't invest in enough storage to hold all your music?

These, plus muh DRM for streaming services
/thread

If you can find your music on streaming services, you have shitty tastes.

Attached: untitled.jpg (600x600, 79K)

The internet and phone kikes have bandwidth caps on everything.
The music kikes regularly take down all sorts of content for it to never be seen again. Same with the movie kikes.

You can't really guarantee access to the music via streaming. I've seen parts of / entire libraries of certain artists disappear for periods of time. I have to assume it's record label fuckery.

What album is this

>The internet and phone kikes have bandwidth caps on everything.

In what kind of backwards hellhole do you live?

streaming is for numales thats why

America, the largest kikenest in the world.
I am permitted no more than 300gb of bandwidth for the entire month for my home connection. No warnings about overages, and an automatic $50 fee for another Xgb of data. My one free warning was used up years ago.
As for cell phones, I have 2gb of data for the entire billing period. Its slow as fuck (thanks Verizon) so its not even worth using it.

What the fuck. Is that common in America?

Land of the Free™ Home of the Brave®

Licenses and agreements change. I quit spotify when music I wanted to listen to kept disappearing. My V0 MP3s sound better anyway.

downloading is just streaming with an extra copy saved to disk

Most popular streaming services don't have my weebs and vidya musics.

As far as I know, yes.
noone will give you unlimited home internet.
Cellphone companies have not offered unlimited data for 15 years now. They have spent the all of these years tricking old people into giving up their true unlimited contracts so that the contract can be destroyed and get them put on a limited data contract. You could buy out someones unlimited contract for the right price and wind up with unlimited yourself.
A couple companies recently brought back "unlimited" data, but as it turns out it isn't actually unlimited. You can (mostly) use the data up to 20gb, at which point you will be throttled worse than I am with my prepay. Now when I say mostly use it up to 20gb, if they decide you are using it wrong, like watching too many videos during peak traffic, they will throttle your ass anyway.

Speaking of throttling, my home isp regularly throttles my connection from 100mbps to ~500kbps. Every website will simultaneously start loading slow as hell. If i google "speed test", I will see all of the tabs instantly load as my connection is temporarily throttled.

My isp will also dns jack me, particularly on ebay.com. They will also inject messages into webpages I view. After changing dns servers I no longer see their bullshit but it still sketches me right the fuck out.

Where are you from that this isnt an issue? Ive heard europe is less hellish in regards to tech limits.

Yup. This is what happens when you elect republicans who think corporations should be able to do whatever the fuck they want.

"land" and "home" are trademarks of the freedomstein company. Pay 50 shekels per usage or we will see you in court.

FPBP

>A couple companies recently brought back "unlimited" data, but as it turns out it isn't actually unlimited. You can (mostly) use the data up to 20gb, at which point you will be throttled worse than I am with my prepay. Now when I say mostly use it up to 20gb, if they decide you are using it wrong, like watching too many videos during peak traffic, they will throttle your ass anyway.
Assuming your device can actually get a quality signal from the two or three shitty companies that offer "unlimited". I switched from Verizon to T-Mobile and I regret it. I live in a major city and connectivity is basically non existent when I'm away from wifi. I regret my decision.

No, it is NOT common. Only cellular and satellite ISPs do this shit. Cable and DSL companies do not cap data. Why do you idiots speak like you're an expert on the matter? FOH

.t American and & Network Technician

These, not to mention that you can't stream less popular bands like Type O Negative, Bathory and Peccatum

read my post you fucking cock gobbling nigger. My cable isp literally does that and I just clearly said they do.

>Where are you from that this isnt an issue?

Germany. I pay 35€ for 16Mbit. No cap. Our internet is considered subpar compared to our neighbors and people complain a lot.

Im in the middle of my small city and always have max signal bars(on verizion).
I can occasionally watch a video on youtube just fine, but most of the time I cant get it to play without 10 seconds of buffering every few seconds even with the quality turned to shit.

Also cell companies (or phones them self) take the liberty to resize your images and videos sent over text message. A friend sent me a video that was full hd camera quality, but what I received was potato vision with a resolution under 200p. Shit was so blury I couldnt even tell what was going on.

>This is what happens when you elect republicans who think corporations should be able to do whatever the fuck they want.
It's not great at all, but it's better than progressives and neoliberals regulating the Internet to death and turning it into the next cable because of a nonexistent problem with imaginary Russian trolls and hate speech.

>Personal anecdotes implies that it's a universal truths
By that logic, everyone sucks cocks because you do.

I drove from DFW to Bumfuck, New Mexico and never lost T-Mobile 4G signal the whole time, except at my destination where I was in between mountains. It was actually kind of annoying, I wanted to feel stranded.

>cocks
You seem to be distracted by cock.
We were discussing your lies about datacaps in america, not penis.

It's like you didn't even read the post and instead use a strawman to attack me (a false strawman since it has to do with the point I made: personal experience is not evidence of a universal trend)

Storm took out internet access at my apartment earlier this year for around a week.

My normie roommate was devastated, but I was absolutely fine due to the roughly 2TB of music, films, and TV shows I have stored. I spent the week shitposting on Jow Forums and checking my email via my phone, and watching old episodes of Columbo and various nature documentaries on a 21:9 screen.

Data hording in general might not make sense to some people, but there may come a time when it might seriously come in handy, and the only expenditure is the time spent finding/downloading/collating data and the price you pay for hard drives to store it all.

Attached: 1486248043001.jpg (1836x2448, 629K)

You came out and called me a liar. Yes, I am going to attack you in retaliation.
I clearly said my home isp (cable) caps and throttles me.
You said "why do you idiots speak like youre an expert" implying Im not qualified to say I am throttled. Everyone I know is throttled. Everyone I talk to all over this country is throttled. The only people I can think of that arnt are the lucky bastards in california.

Youve been an asshole. There is nothing in my post that is wrong. I even preface the entire thing by saying "as far as I know".

>You came out and called me a liar.
I never fucking did though, at least until now. All I said is that your personal experience doesn't magically make you know the solution to the problem, nor the universality of it. Even if everyone you know is throttles, you're talking about all the people YOU know, not a random representative sample of the population, which would be a useful tool in measuring how universal the problem is. Stop acting so fucking uppity and learn some basic fucking statistics mate. It's not hard to understand what I'm saying.

and Tool

Ive done computer support for a lot of people I know from friends of friends all over the country. I have a fair idea.
Just because you're some phone jockey for a decent isp in a tiny part of the country does not give you the authority or right to come into a thread with sentences like
> Cable and DSL companies do not cap data
when Im sitting here in america with a cable company capping my shit.

> not a random representative sample of the population
oh boy, youre one to talk, link back up to the top of my post where Ive dealt with Internets all over this country.

>Even if everyone you know is throttles,
switching topics, changing goal posts.
We are clearly arguing about datacaps, not throttling.
>Only cellular and satellite ISPs do this shit
pretty strong statement when my cable company is capping my shit.
> Why do you idiots speak like you're an expert on the matter
idk, WHY DO idiots think they can comment on shit they know nothing about?

>You came out and called me a liar.
>I never fucking did though,
When I say my home internet is capped you say say shit like idiots dont know what they are talking about and cable internet doest ever cap, youre fucking wrong. When you reply in that hostile of a tone, saying what I said is wrong and punctuation with "idiot", thats calling me a liar and an idiot.
youre wrong and your little inflated "grannys favorite computer helper" ego isnt going to let you admit that.

All those bands are on Spotify though

FLAC

Can't find most of what I listen to on those services. The sound quality is too poor on those services as well.

Attached: Screenshot_20180414_232026.png (1600x1182, 1.2M)

"I Suck Cock" by the Gay Homos

This

fucking snob. why does it matter to people like you what others listen to?

I've had more problems finding shit I want on music trackers than I have on Apple Music or Spotify.
Any pretentious literal who indie shitter can get on a streaming service these days, I'd be surprised if more than 1% of my playlist was top 40. Just because your music wasn't worth their time to negotiate for doesn't mean it's good.

>cheese not included
wtf? It's on the box and it's not included? What kind of fuck shit is that?

You literally can't

Because you have no choices.
Pic related. I had to download 5 different copies of this album.
>Original CD release completely fucked up
>Original vinyl rips have disgusting distortions
If you use spotify you'll get the 2013 release of this album, which is pathetically bad.

Attached: 51TjiU1Ku5L._SX355_.jpg (355x329, 26K)

No, they're on a shitty internet plan and phone plan. Likely some prepaid shit for poors

if cyberwarfare, no internet, just standalone PCs. if you still have electricity.

Attached: index.jpg (303x166, 24K)

It's final. I have it forever. It will never disappear. I don't have to be connected to listen. Finally, I discover new music on "hoarding" sites.

Tidal is FLAC

Streaming FLAC? Is it run by retards?

fp is bp

>Cable and DSL companies do not cap data
They do, actually. They just don't charge you extra for it. Instead they (illegally) throttle your download speeds. Actually now with net neutrality gone it's not even illegal anymore.

This. I don't even "hoard" music since my taste makes it hard to have an actual collection in the first place.

yeah but like for comcast it's 1 TB per month before they start doing this. I pay no mind to limits and download what I want when I want and still don't come anywhere close

You have to be a real nigger to use that much data in a month's time

Attached: Capture.png (987x183, 19K)

I need to download the song otherwise I'll forget about it. I am literally downloading them off of Youtube don't care about quality.
It feels kinda nice to have a little collection of sorts...

Attached: tumblr_o90xa88cwx1tuih6lo1_1280.jpg (960x1280, 240K)

bloat

>t. top charts listening 12 year old

Attached: 1512426304375.png (302x223, 96K)

I have a little over 1TB of music. I would love to solely use Plex to stream it to my phone when I'm driving or otherwise away from my computer, but Plex is shitty at that. Neither streaming from my desktop (50 mbps up btw) nor from my VPS using Plex is nearly as reliable as using Spotify. I live in the suburbs, and there's almost always a data connection, but Plex just seems to be bad at handling connections that aren't local (ie, connected to the same LAN). There are minor additional features that Spotify has, such as letting me preview music (before I download it through torrents) or the Discover playlist, but until Plex gets better at streaming, I'll still be paying for Spotify.

This is very true. Also for some rare stuff (ex; shows not released on disc/stream service), torrent/hoarding is only way to enjoy them. Also torrents can/do die and you get the added benefit of keeping your source discs in mint/scratch free condition.

No, it's not. I have unlimited data and unlimited home internet because I'm not a backwoods hick. Literally the only people with capped internet are people who live in Middle of Nowhere, Wyoming

1Gbit link is like 50 euro, also 4g is everywhere you go. Where the fuck do you live? Storage is cheap, yes but no need for hoarding music and movies when you can stream fucking 4k wherever you go.
But please tell me more how rich you are for affording a few hundred bucks for hdd.

>what the fuck is the point of music hoarding

>streaming service shuts down or removes content due to copyright or discontinuation or whatever
>half your music is gone
gee I don't know
can't think of any reasons

Right, because what shall you do if you can't listen to your little songs? Life would loose meaning.

Yes, how dare I enjoy music and wish to keep my favorite albums so I can come back to them later. I must be retarded.

I'm not saying you're retarded for listening music, but it seems you care too much for it.
If half of my music would magically disappear tomorrow I wouldn't bat an eye. There's more important things in life

Youtube does though

it's amazing how I can smell you through just a screenshot of your music player

>not American, so paying any kind of subscription for stuff that is available for free is abhorrent to me
That said, Youtube is more than enough to listen to stuff when I'm by myself or I have friends over. But the YT app drains too much battery and requires way too much data to effectively use it in my car or when I'm walking by myself somewhere. Or if we're using my laptop as the party music source and there is no WiFi, then downloaded music and muh Winamp is literally the only choice.
Plus it's nice having the very best stuff (~500 songs for me, I constantly get new ones and periodically delete older ones) saved on my laptop, phone and the cheap shit MP3 I only use for my car.

> there is no wifi

It's hard to believe that today you have to find wifi for that shit. Do Americans really have such crappy infrastructure?
It's an honest question. I have minimum 20 Mbit on the phone literally wherever I go. No caps on Internet data, unlimited everything for 20 euro a month.
I also have cheap 1 Gbit fiber at home and soon could upgrade to 10 Gbit link.
And here we are, faggots calling someone poor because they can "afford " new iPhone...
Seriously? It's like 50 euro a month with unlimited plan an i earn around 1100 euro a week after tax.
Now seriously, do they compete with people on fucking foodstamps? Do they really think just having a phone or some other stupid hardware makes you "rich"?

I'm not saying anything against you personally and I respect a few Americans that I met, but they tell the real picture and actually know what the fuck are they talking about. They know that they been cucked. The rest are just idiots bragging about phones and cheap shit you can buy on pocket change. People on welfare can afford that in one month. America land of the delusion.
I really feel sorry for you intelligent people out there, it must feel like being trapped in the cage with retards.

Even Brazil isn't that bad. The last time ISPs tried to put data caps for home internet, there was a huge uproar and they quit on it.

>tfw third world ISPs provide a better service than americans

I plan to barter copies of my anime and 2huu music collection for food in the coming apocalypse

Attached: 1523166749479.png (1214x1109, 1.65M)

whats the point of anything
where do we even come from

I was typing some greentext post and kinda changed it halfway around, so I fucked up. I'm not American at all, in fact I was shitting on them.
We've got great internet service here in Slovenia imo (I got 16GB mobile data plan for really cheap) but I'd need WiFi for what I said in my post.
>using YT while walking/using public transportation by myself would drain my data and battery with zero benefits over just ripping songs, not to mention all the app drawbacks
>this would be even worse for my car, in literally every way possible
>using my laptop as the source of party music already almost guarantees that we're in some place without WiFi (otherwise the host or we would already have something hooked up), using my phone as a hotspot would drastically drain my data

youtube.com/watch?v=L5Hs309GQ9o
what kind of music does Jow Forums listen to?

what is the point of living when u know u are going to die?

it feels good desu

Small beautiful country. And I'm your neighbour originally btw. From Croatia but because work (Started as engineer in Ericsson ) I lived all around the Europe from 22 to now (32) .
And yeah, it sucks to have limited data even if cheap. I just tether my phone to devices that need Internet access when travelling. Also while in EU, there is no roaming charges whatsoever.
Meanwhile Americans can't even tether their phones without rooting or paying more. I didn't even think about data caps for at least 5 years. Every kind of service you take be it mobile or home network is without caps. ISP's are competing in prices,speed and free services that you get extra. Oh coming to Bled for one week soon

nah, one of the best thing in this life is sleeping and when u sleep u are actually mentally dead so being dead feels much better.

Isn't youtube audio quality differs depends on the uploader, unlike spotify/deezer? I'd rather not listening to 64kbps music files from 10 years ago.

Experience taught the oldest fags here that nothing on the web is eternal especially obscure stuff. For instance it's IMPOSSIBLE those days to find the full siterip of Ripe4piss, some mango sites get closed down, scanlator sites are closed down, there is nothing on Usenet, no one is seeding the torrent etc... Shit is just gone forever unless you manage to get in touch with an "Archivist" who compulsively save and back up stuff. As for streaming, it consume as much resource as standard download... You might as well keep it on your HD.

For instance I have scans of old electronic finnish magazine that are now IMPOSSIBLE to find as well as some ancient dutch cartoon. Etc. People really think stuff stay on the web forever, so young, so stupid. At least you should save the stuff you really like, even more if it's niche stuff like obscure academical papers about quarks wrote in a foreign language. English stuff tend to remain longer on the Internet that.

Ofc the same apply to music. Some indie band just disappeared from the Internet, they were small bands with a few hundred fans worldwide and now it's all gone.

Save your shits and back it up. Young people are so fucking dumb those days.

Where the fuuuck do you people download your music from?

metadata consistency

Rutracker is the best public option, use your search engine of choice to find albums. Better yet use tparser.
Soulseek is okay and has a lot of niche stuff
However private trackers are miles ahead of both, well worth the effort if you're actually interested in enjoying music.

Yes it can vary however it's capped at 128kbps (maybe 160 at higher resolutions). So regardless you're getting a fairly shitty experience.

Thanks

>can stream everything
Not everything. If i have to download some of it i might as well hoard everything just in case. Storage is pretty cheap anyway.

That's impressive since I'm Jow Forums.

I've been able to find most of the metal I wanted through psychodd. for esoteric stuff I use torrentz2 dot eu or ddg

DeezLoader

autism

so much for first world country and land of the free.
You are fucked. I would be with those limits. I have 8Gbs of data per month on my cell phone and no limits on my home. My ISP doesn't give a shit what I do or how much as long it isn't a major felony and no, download torrents from tv shows isn't a fucking felony.

Aphex Twin, probably.

Both sides are pro the retarded mess that is the american internet, because they're paid to do that.

youtube-dl audio-only

meanwhile in "third world" Costa Rica, i get unlimited home and mobile data, while paying 60 bucks a month for both

So I can use a program that uses less resources up instead of fuking web browser

Attached: yukky_yukky_-_Copy.jpg (4000x2250, 1.51M)

Because 80% of what I listen to isn't on any streaming service

>make a nice playlist
>distribution contracts expire
>playlist changes

>go to my library
>Song Name [feat. Featuring Artist and Rapper] - Artist
>Song Name - Artist feat. Girl Name
>Song Name (From The Original Movie Name Motion Picture Soundtrack) - Composer
>Misnomer (inconsistent Capitalization) - Artist Name
>Song Name - Artist [but with a 30x30 JPEG cover art]
>try to change the name to a consistent state
>no automated tools to do that, or the service simply doesn't support changing anything
>even if it does they'll eventually update the metadata and revert back your changes

>find a cool song
>it's only streamed in a downsampled 64kbps AAC format full of clicks with zero dynamic range
>ears bleed
>cancel subscription because i'm deaf now

good taste