To anyone considering an Asus laptop, just don't. Spend the extra couple hundred of bucks for a more reliable brand

To anyone considering an Asus laptop, just don't. Spend the extra couple hundred of bucks for a more reliable brand.

I used a Zenbook UX305CA for exactly 2 years (24 months).

The trackpad scratched REALLY badly, and the coating wore off. It was as if I had the fingernails of a wolverine.

A laptop trackpad should not scratch this badly under regular use. It's just Asus laptops having shitty build quality.

To anyone considering chinkshit laptops like Asus, Acer, and Lenovo just because they're "better value", just don't. They're cheaper for a good fucking reason.

I've since upgraded to the HP Spectre X360, and then the Dell XPS 13.

Attached: 20180117_105631.jpg (4032x3024, 3.56M)

Or spend a couple hundred less for a used ThinkPad.

>buying a thinkpad
>ever
why though?

i had an asus K series laptop it shit the bed

had to get a new motherboard and it was 60$

then it shit again

this time, the board was a bit older so it would cost 500$ they said.

This thread again? Didn't we already determine that the damage was entirely your fault?

because it's the only ok brand ?
also kys

Incredible build quality, complete serviceability, ultimate price-to-performance ratio. There will never be a computer as good as the 2x0 series in my opinion.

Maybe you should clip your nails you fuckin neet

And ASUS laptops are shit-tier before you bitch and moan

> windows

Did you try installing Gentoo or perhaps transition into a woman?

I've owned a Asus ROG G751 with a Intel Core i7 4710HQ and a GTX 970M for the last 3 years. Never had a single issue with it, despite everyone saying it's a meh brand. It's fast, capable, can store massive amounts of things (currently 2.5TB, two 2.5" slots :3 ) and can even still handle new games like Far Cry 5 with relative ease. You must just be rough on your laptops man.

I like the font of that keyboard tho

I've never seen an owner of an Asus laptop that wasen't a disgusting NEET and or poorfag.

Because the x230 is the best option for those wanting an ultrabook at 200€, the t430 is the best option for those wanting a durable normal pc and the w530 is the best option for those wanting a workstation. Seriously you can find maxed out w530s with 45w Quad-Core CPUs, dedicated quadro, 16gb RAM, 256gb SSDs, 1080p IPS screen and simple and cheap egpu expandability (a must for rendering needs) at 600€, the price of the PoS in OPs pic

Sorry wrong quote

I have basically the same laptop and it has zero (0) issues that weren't caused by me (dropping it, getting it dirty, etc). 32 months and counting.

lipstick on a pig

I see you're using Windows. I suggest you switch to a different os, preferably one that respects your freedom more.

Use a Thinkpad, retard.

Cut your nails already.

you are a fag,

I have the same laptop it works perfectly. Only had one issue with the pads under the screen.

maybe you should learn how to take care of things before acting like an angry kid

I had Asus K53SV for 4 years and palmrest had literally holes where my hand was, either i had acidic skin or it's shit

>Female friend
>"I want a new laptop, but I need something cheap, but fast, but like, cheap"
>"Aight here's a thinkpad"
>"No I want something that looks good, I'll buy that asus shit it looks like a macbook!"
>Slow as fuck because of no SSD, she buys one
>Try to replace it, have to open the entire fucking thing to replace the mechanical drive
>Aight let's install Windows
>Drivers only available for W10
>Only one set of drivers, the laptop seems recent
>Trackpad works like shit, install drivers for it
>Everything slows the fuck down, IPC latency on the roof

If you didn't jizz on your laptop, you wouldn't end up scratching the trackpad when you scraped it off

>those scratchmarks
>that greese on keys
let me guess, OP is an amerimutt femanon

>working in IT for a medium size company
>buying mixed bag of laptop brands and types
>in 2014 directive decision to unify laptop brands
>they choose Asus for some reason
>literally hundreds of Asus laptops in the company now
>prices ranges from $600 to $2000, buying only consumer grade types
>majority is on the cheaper price bracket (X55x or zenbook ux line for example)
>almost zero RMAs
>only one type has a problem with a WLAN card
>RMA'd all without a problem

Why would I buy more expensive brands if the cheap shit is working exactly the same? And my users are not treating these machines nicely.

My k56cb that I paid $600 for five years ago, is still running strong. I've had no issues except replacing the battery about a year ago.

I might have just gotten lucky but I've abused the shit outta that thing.

>Not getting the memepads
This guy gets it

Have had my Asus laptop since 2013. HDD died after 3 years, but that's expected and battery died around that time as well. It's my only computer and I use it every day still. Really happy with it and why would you even downgrade to HP? Haven't heard anything good about Dell computers either.

At least HP and Dell wouldn't have shitty build quality trackpads

>ultimate price-to-performance ratio
not really if you want something with decent gpu

Yeah, goddamn physics. Why can't you have desktop performance in a tiny hot form factor?

This is exactly why you pay a couple of extra bucks for a MacBook Pro

That and BabbyBSD.

>The trackpad scratched REALLY badly, and the coating wore off. It was as if I had the fingernails of a wolverine.
Oh, a scratch reeeeee. I am snowflake, I can't live with scratches.
>It's just Asus laptops having shitty build quality.
Yes, but they don't fail after one year, like premium quality Apple.
>To anyone considering chinkshit laptops like Asus, Acer, and Lenovo just because they're "better value", just don't.
I have a 2011 Packard bell crapbook (Acer), and it is still in decent shape. Sure, there are no 'premium materials' besides ABS plastic.
Sure, those crapbooks might wear out on outside, but inside they are rock solid, extremely reliable.
>A laptop trackpad should not scratch this badly under regular use.
It shouldn't but if it works it doesn't matter, it is not an art, it is a fucking laptop.
You'd better buy Appel care. Or you will have your premium unibody with broken mobo.
>HDD died after 3 years
How did you managed to do this? I've HDDs that are 10 years old still with perfect SMART.
> and battery died around that time as well.
And you can replace it, you don't have to come through glue hell, like in apple.

t. laptop repairman.

Test

>buys a $400 laptop
>thinks it matters what brand he gets
>surprised when it’s shit
Please, stop thinking you can get good laptops this cheap.

>laptop repair
>uses SMART instead of badblocks
You’re bad at your job

>glue hell
>solved with tweezers, pinch, twist, pull, done.
>hell
Ok

mnfg my Asus K52D from 2010 still works only the batery and DVD drive died afther heavy use

i'm posting from that same model, except mine has a core m, not m3. everything is fine except that when i tried installing debian the wifi drivers were were a hassle to deal with.

It was $900.

what $? canadian?

>65545269
i'll just report advertisers

Attached: snapshot_20.59_[2016.12.24_06.42.12].png (1920x1080, 2.78M)

yes