Where would you go when Jow Forums becomes normie

Me, I'll probably move to irc

Attached: downloadfile.png (400x250, 35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

chiru.no/a/booru/post/list/1
gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=3363523
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

normie-chan is >>>/reddit/

It already is have you browse any of the other boards lately?

Attached: image.jpg.png.png (170x210, 34K)

Discord is nearly considered social media at this point. That said, infinity chan is still an excellent alternative to this shithole and still has some of the magic autism that made Jow Forums great.

Is it? It don't really browse any boards other than g

4chans been normie for almost a decade now.

But still
Normiechan>>>>reddit>>>>>>fagbook,Twitter, Tumblr,instafag etc etc

Normies here are far better than those sjw transgender niggers

dude, you're like 11 years late

half of Jow Forums just got blackmailed into starting hormone replacement therapy.

peak IRC has got to be 2011/2012 with #Jow Forumssicp, #Jow Forumstech, and even our very own containment channels like #pantsumen and #Jow Forumstv

rest in peace all

I want to use irc but the ones I visit are barely active
anyone got good channels to check out?

It's normified. Dumb frogposters and edgelords, look at r9k.

I miss when #installgentoo was alive, now the faggots have all ditched it in favor of Discord - which is the gayest move ever.

Make new friends here and casual conversation. they are the most active channels right now I think

But they already are normies?

"when" 4chinz becomes normie?

2^3 chan

Attached: B_J-m-9UQAAZTvV.jpg (1032x774, 124K)

chat.freenode.net #sqt

>expecting normalfag posers to not flock to normalfag software
You set yourself up for this disappointment.

>normie
you mean normalfaggots

>apple general
>LInusTechTips shilling
>discord, whatsapp, telegram threads
>Processor war threads akin to console war threads
>/sec/ has been taken over by cyberpunk larpers
>despite being banned, desktop generals still alive and well
>people run Jow Forums's nonfree js and don't use the noscript captcha and then make threads to complain about it
>people shilling Brave, a literal scam browser
No Jow Forums, you are the normies.
And then Jow Forums was a normie

I suppose.
I also used to enjoy hanging out at the tripsit.me IRC, but since they've banned Tor exit nodes I rarely go there anymore (for obvious reasons).
Might setup a connection with their hidden service later on, meanwhile, freenode is quite cool.

Well, the whole place has gone down the shitter a few years ago, but so has most of the web.
It's fucking sad really…

Even Reddit is embracing UI for illiterate normiefags.

Reddit had always been shit, except some niche subreddits it was destinied to become a normie-friendly place.

plenty of sick fucks on irc and [8]chan desu

Attached: 2018-04-15-021813_7680x4320_scrot.jpg (7680x4320, 3.66M)

like in the generals then?
makes sense

>unironically thinking nu/g/ isn't reddit with a blue background

Attached: 1494130594208.jpg (347x347, 20K)

>implying I don't rice Jow Forums to look like Reddit

16 chan?

>becomes
uh

Don't forget the instagram-esque desktop threads without any irony or humor.

looks like the brainlet filter is working

Wallpaper sauce?

Don't forget the instagram-esque "battlestation" threads without any irony or humor.

Been here since 2006 when I was 13. It's been (((normified))) for a loooong time now - it's been coming in waves, I think Chanology hit mainstream news in like 2011 and then there was even more massive exposure a few years later. Doesn't matter though, there are still always good laffs to be had. The only original Jow Forums thing that's mostly died off is the raid culture

The past wasn't even that glamorous, it used to be 50% or more just gore threads, demotivational posters, and raid / notyourpersonalarmy threads. Memes and shitposts have gotten better over time, even if there's tons of normies around. The only thing I miss is when 'trolling' meant setting up an elaborate ruse and successfully following through with it - now it's just a word used for anyone that disagree with you, but I guess language evolves based on culture

Attached: TRIPDUBZINC.jpg (397x395, 43K)

chiru.no/a/booru/post/list/1

Thank you user-sama

also gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=3363523

256chan when?

Screenshot, faggot.

>Memes and shitposts have gotten better over time, even if there's tons of normies around.
I have to disagree, there hasn't been any new, quality memes on Jow Forums for a long, long time. Everyone's frogposting/wojakposting now and reusing the same old board-specific memes over and over. There hasn't been any new memes for years, just derivative garbage based on shit that wasn't good to begin with. Shitposting is a similar story.

>The only thing I miss is when 'trolling' meant setting up an elaborate ruse and successfully following through with it - now it's just a word used for anyone that disagree with you, but I guess language evolves based on culture
You can thank the children and redditors misusing the word for that.
Real trolling died at around the time Jow Forums became mainstream, the board has become a melting pot of different internet cultures and it can no longer cooperate for a single cause. Every troll attempt has to have a redditor explaining the ruse and ruining it, every controversial thread has some moralfag derailing it (and succeeding because Jow Forums's userbase is basically reddit 2.0 and every reply has to be argued with apparently) etc.

>normie-chan is >>>/reddit/ is >>>/4chins/

I tried leaving last december and could not survive two months
there is no replacement.

Attached: 1508638950538.jpg (1087x646, 126K)

I'll go to work, and get a live.

too slow

no, infinitychan is Jow Forumsish and stormtarded, old /b/ from 2005-2007 more nihilist and anarchic

Perfect.

Is cloverOS just a weeb gentoo fork?

you forgot...
>watch thread
>every week, "what distro should I choose?"
>shitty scrrenfetch threads
>processors and hardware shilling
>pajeet, women, trans bashing thread

this board has got everything except for programming...ffs

>infinity chan
>an excellent alternative

We seem to have different ideas about the meaning of "excellent".

IRC here, we already have enough cancer, please fuck off to Discord.

>Kirkegaard and Nietsche are Jews now
K?

Wait what?

Attached: wut.png (724x720, 249K)

AFAIK someone put up a discord for crossdressers or something along those lines and to join you had to send nudes with face to the admin, the admin then used those nudes to blackmail the victims

what if I told you, you could start using irc right now? you don't have to commit to one social platform exclusively.
also, irc is very chill. there are just a few active users even in big channels, so sometimes there's just not much going on and you can leave it running in the background.

I do use irc but not as often as I would like to. I usually hang around at mnfh and casualconversation when I'm online. what I mean by switching is irc would be my primary platform and I'll use Jow Forums less.

infinitychan lost its edge:
- 8/pol/ is Kushner bot central
- 8/v/ is trash filled with cliques/generals
- 8/tech/ is rust loving lefties
- 8/leftypol/ has basically infested every board to turn it into commie/tumblr central.

>quite literally too hard to multiply a number 3 times.
the absolute state of Jow Forums

Millchan on ZeroNet

we need a site so toxic that no one would ever shill there because its endorsement would be bad for them
here we have:
>/mu/
respected by music critics
>/fa/
literally written about in fashion magazines
>Jow Forums
informally endorses reddit

Or go back to text-boards, which are so rudimentary and featureless that no one will want to waste their time on them. Aside from weirdos like us, that is.

yes

yeah i wish there was a text board alternative
we wouldn't have to worry about moderation either

The biggest part that got lost in transition was fucking lurk moar attitude.

You don't get something, be it meme or topic? You fucking lurk moar.

invite me to #cutegang!

NNTPchan is the final frontier but IRC is like an oasis on the desert.

i've not left irc since 1993 so i dunno what you're talking about

They also don't require the use of bloated browsers. I've posted on textboards (and browsed) using dillo and links2.

It seems that captcha just decides not to work for ages at a time.

plus we could get a decentralised/censorship proof one going quite easily since it wouldn't be possible to post anything illegal on a text-board (in the usa at least)

And due to the small size of text in comparison to images, it would be easy to mirror and download content.

and Jow Forums didn't? Jow Forums is like this cool kid that smokes and does drugs but your parents forbid you to do anything with. sooner or later they want to see what's about the hype and think it's edgy.

if feels like there used to be OC on all boards like beer at the oktoberfest, now days Jow Forums's only fame is Jow Forums and Jow Forums, anything else is just a massive shit show. and no Jow Forums never was good, it was just less shit without all the newfags and fags from reddit

>we

Attached: 1500361643643.png (571x618, 29K)

F

Jow Forums userbase changed over and over and over nobody knows or gets what "real" Jow Forums is.
Just shit on anything mainstream that you don't get and bless everyone with your retarded opinions.

goatfinger

It will never become normie, we are all allowed to post content that triggers them.

is NNTPchan still up though? I tried to access it earlier today but oniichan closed because of FOSTA. I couldn't find any other working node either

I miss the gore

of course the users base changes over time, but so did the internet. back then you had to know what you are doing in order to shitpost, now days most people don't even know the difference between a browser and an operating system but they do have it easier to shit post because everything has to be retard-tier compatible so even the biggest inbreed redneck can spout his shit on the net

/thread

Wat do when one of my main IRC hangouts fucked off to Discord after it got overrun by Normies?

Well I get that it never was "good", but being exponentially shittier isn't fun either.

This is why I still occasionally trawl Tor and random IRC chans, they're too hostile.

how about 7chan?

I'd probably spend more time outside and actually learn stuff that is useful rather than constantly shitposting about things I don't know anything about

wi-z-chan has an ultra comfy textboard

>when

kek who even falls for this crap
Also; If you're comfortable enough sending nudes with face to strangers shouldn't you be comfortable enough with them as to the point where blackmailing you won't work?

lets just make a textboard

>lets just make a textboard
Great idea. We should definitely do this. I'll start by designing the logo. Who else is with me?

We should start off with the name I think or at least

Cont.

At least a place holder one

is this the new textboardlogo™ project?
we need a logo for that

It already is, have you not seen all the normalfag wintoddlers posting here?

There are lots of underpopulated textboards out there already. You're not going to make anything new or exclusive. Start using them.

'becomes'? It already is.

no kubs

None with a specifix theme

This

Any drawfag around ?

>not getting the logo meme