Do you have it? Do you regret it? What could be better?

Do you have it? Do you regret it? What could be better?
>inb4 muh apple

Attached: _MG_4584-2.jpg (2000x1217, 538K)

I don't. I would consider getting one if they didn't use glass for the back, and if they got rid of the notch (it seems to be a design decision they made just so it would have a unique style and stand out more, not just form over function but also brand recognition over form).

I got the razer phone and love it, although I only got it because it was a good deal

really? I thought it was because it needs to be there and couldn´t be put somewhere else.

I wanted to buy one, but don´t want to be an early adopter. Because I think faceid now is not very good, so I will wait until the S model

I don't. Wanted to buy one, but the notch is disgusting and they had some screen problems.
I'm waiting for something like this Chinese marvel with a slider.

Attached: Doogee-MIX-4.jpg (1152x864, 102K)

bump

>Do you have it?
Yes.

>Do you regret it?
No, it's a great phone if you're not a sperg.

>What could be better?
It could use a fucking headphone jack. Also the notification system needs an overhaul.

Attached: IMG_0363.jpg (592x1280, 187K)

a model that doesn’t use faceid/the notch, doesn’t have wireless charging and uses a solid metal back, and has a finger print sensor instead

the speaker grill can be recessed into the bezel/curved edge

the front facing camera doesn’t need to exist

the ir sensor doesn’t need to exist for faceid either

they could have easily just made it have a large forehead without compromising the screen shape

what about face id? You like it more than touch id? I heard from people it´s not that good so they must always zoom their faces in their phone or out.

How is accessing the control center? I have an i7 plus and it is really way too big somtimes.

I like glass, looks like the iphone4 which is my most fav phone. Fingerprint sensor would be nice.

Glass backs are for NFC and Wireless charging.

Touch ID fucked up constantly. Face ID fucks up constantly. You live with it. Apple Pay is actually usable with face ID though, since you only have to click the side button 3 times and look at the screen. I didn't even use Apple Pay with touch ID because that's how unreliable it was.

Attached: 1439174022102.png (365x430, 174K)

Yes, No.

Nothing at all been solid as fuck, the notch thing is an online sperg thing that you don’t notice and holds battery and a couple icons. Get 2 days out of battery constantly which is nice.

Attached: 4A6735C9-9351-4616-9CEE-18142984BB96.png (1125x2436, 1.05M)

>the notch thing is an online sperg thing that you don’t notice...

You just proved you notice the handicapped screen every single time you get it out of your pocket (or purse in your case).

>Handicapped screen
You mean there's extra screen where other phones would have a bezel. What good does a bezel do for you?

You mean there's extra screen where other phones would have a bezel. What good does a bezel do for you?

There is no 'extra' screen. There is less screen because it needed a fukken selfie cam so it could be sold to girls.

Apple treats it as the removal of a screen, so shut the fuck up.

You either have a notch or you have a bezel. The notch will give you more screen compared to having a bezel.
Apple is a business that likes to make money. Normalfags love taking selfies. Any flagship from any company that doesn't have a selfie camera is going to be a commercial flop. No one cares about your autistic preferences in the real world.

>You either have a notch or you have a bezel. The notch will give you more screen compared to having a bezel.
And a bezel will make your screen rectangular, just like any media you consume on your phone. Enjoy your videos, fa.m

All current and future flagships worth mentioning are using a 2:1 (""18:9"") aspect ratio, including the iPhone X and Galaxy S9.
Apple has a uniform bezel across the entire edge of the screen. Other flagships have bezels. People don't want large top or bottom bezels, especially when they take up space that could have been gone, or part of a notch.

>You either have a notch or you have a bezel
Or you make a slider with beautiful 1:1 screen to body ratio.

Attached: 87-doogee-konzept-randlos.jpg (800x600, 132K)

Apple's endgame is to have no notches or bezels. If they had used a bezel for the notch the phone would have looked awful.

I don't have it.
I would regret it.
Anything that can do the same tasks i would use the phone for, for more than half the price, more than twice the battery, and more than twice the jacks.

>this triggers Jow Forums

Attached: iphone-x-top-bottom-bars-800x552.jpg (800x552, 24K)

FaceID is slower than TouchID and doesn't always work.
But TouchID isn't perfect either, it regularly fails with moist fingers.

nah that looks shit user.

what was your previous phone? if it was something the size of a iphone 6,7,8 is it still handy for you?

Also touch Id mostly works on my phone, but I never mind putting the password in if I need to.

No just ending the discussion of what this thread would be filled with that we already see other companies copying.

The purse comment is witty as but mate, 9/10.

I'd be too sacred of burn-in to do that, I fucking turned on immersive mode on my note 8 (for every app except the the launcher and juicessh because it fucks up without it) because I read so many burn-in horror stories

I own an iPhone 6 and think iOS is bad compared to androidm

Attached: 3223.jpg (1024x1280, 600K)

>nah that looks shit user.
Why? It's almost everything I ever wanted:
1. 1:1 display to size ratio
2. Proper speaker
3. It's pretty thick so there should be a large battery

I'd like to have a fingerprint scanner on the back, but you can't have everything, I guess.

iPhone 6S+. Using it now is like using a micro iPad. I don't know how I ever managed to use it on a daily basis when so unwieldy.
It's just a backup phone for me at this point.

I always end up getting a new phone after a year or two, so I really don't care anymore. It's not as if you're using your screen very often in those two years compared to something like an OLED TV or monitor, which is on constantly for long periods of time.

Attached: 1494339841676.jpg (1158x1744, 882K)

This.

It's better now, but still far away from even stock Android. For example, not long ago you had to close everything, navigate to settings, open them, navigate menus and so on just to change the WiFi network.

Only thing android makes better than ios is that you can arrange those apps how you want. Anything else is meh.
Also sauce

because the camera etc. flips out is something that doesn´t look good. you could just make it like the previous models but just thinner.

Same here, have a plus size models and wanna upgrade with the XS model. I really hope it is more handy than that.

Wifi is the second option in the System Preferences app. Literally 2 clicks from the homescreen, 1 if you use 3D touch.

Attached: IMG_0364.jpg (592x1280, 123K)

>because the camera etc
You don't use it often, so it's all on the part that slides out.

I think the only downside is the light sensor, since I think the majority uses those.

Had to go with the S9+. No notch and a headphone jack kept me with Samsung. Every phone I've had since 2010 has been a Galaxy S phone

>in the System Preferences app
On Android or even WinMo I don't even need to open settings. Everything is done from the notification area.

Honor 10 or oneplus 5t

Sadly my phone probably has more SoT under it's belt than my PC at home because I'm a pathetic wagie who needs escapism

>fat-ass bezels
>fugly balding soylet hair screen

Embarrassing. Here's this is how you do a phone right.

Attached: 696258.png (1170x613, 948K)

Weren't you just complaining about fat bezels?

still I would prefer it if it would looked like the new Samsung with that little bar. But still I don´t mind the notch at all, if they could use it better imho or make the notch smaller.

How are the apps ? Did they finally made them using the new screen or not?

Only people i know that have one are pajeets, they all have it. They also split rent with 4-5 others in 1 bedroom apartments.

>How are the apps ? Did they finally made them using the new screen or not?
Don't know, I'm using Pixel 1 with huge ass bezels.

My dad has LG G6+ and apps look normal.

>downloads tottalyfreehotnewgameforabsolutelyfree.lol.nojoke.completelyfree.notavirus.exe
>OMG WTF I GET VIRUS
>FUCKING M$!!!111
>goes out and buys a macbook
>max r SO secure and KEWL!!!11 no VIRUX xD

>downloads hottestnewjustinbieberxdrniggagangstashit.jpg.mpg.HOT.music.album.FREE.tar.apk
>OMG WTF MY PHONE GET VIRUS
>FUCKING ANDROD!!!11
>goes out and buys ishit
>PHEW im so glad apel treats me like a toddler and doesnt let me install or do anything, freedum is too dangerous xDD

>sees a linux CLI
>OMG WTF THIS COMPUTER IS BROKEN
>MOOOOOOM user BROKE HIS COMPUTER AND IS TOO EMBARRASSED TO ADMIT IT
>WE NEED TO GO TO BESTBUY AND GET IT FIXED
>Y CANT COMPUTERS JUS WORK
>MUH APEL MUH APEL MUH APEL

Serious question though. Why did technology illiterate appletoddlers ever think they or their literal toddler toys belonged on Jow Forums?

Attached: 1517615229912.png (429x245, 38K)

>>PHEW im so glad apel treats me like a toddler and doesnt let me install or do anything, freedum is too dangerous xDD
>go to settings
>say you wanna install it
>install it

iToddler subhumans should be unironically rounded up and gassed. TBHFAM

>this is how the autist actually views other human beings who use products he doesn't necessarily care much for

>itoddler untermensch
>human beings

Attached: 1517213560227.jpg (996x954, 299K)

>I made a collage of stupid people doing stupid things
>and that's why Apple's products are garbage
eh...I prefer you bring back the throttlebook pro emoji comparison shitposts please

I heard the 120Hz drains the battery fast. How long SoT is it? Pic?

The diagonal line effect on the screen looks nasty.

2012 was 6 years ago senpai

Wow.

Still there are many quirks that remain.
You still has to enter settings and what not.

My father got it, a bit as a status symbol in a way (his friend works in U.S. and brought him X since in my country it wasn't sold at the moment) but he quite likes it. Face unlock is nice for him because it works in rain, cold and sweaty hands, notch isn't noticeable after a while (I wish it would be smaller but it's nowhere as bad as people made it sound) and overall it's a pretty phone with really good display but I see no point in shilling out 1K $ for a fucking phone. My only upgrade was from 4 to 6 plus (to now 7 because old one started to die and was dropped into water).

Yes. Face ID could be better but it works. Not saying the notch looks good but it actually doesn't bother me at all. I think the hate for it is too overblown.

you think they will fix the face id with the ones coming this year or on the iphone 11?

Don't have it, don't regret not getting it despite otherwise being a macfag. It's a shit design and even Apple knows it which is why it's discontinued already (the design, not the model. They're still producing them to meet demand but there won't be an iPhone X Plus.) and

I hope so but then again touch ID only got better 2 generations later.

*with generation I meant iPhone. Gen 1 touch ID was in Iphone 5 and 6. Gen 2 tocuh ID in 6s.

>Gen 2 tocuh ID in 6s.
They still have room for improvement.
For some reason touch id on iPhone 6S works a lot less reliably than fingerprint scanner on Pixel 1.

I wish, I'm not rich enough and it's overpriced in my shit hole.

>the front facing camera doesn't need to exist

Attached: artworks-000230163085-9t2z20-t500x500.jpg (500x500, 46K)

Most of the responses here are obvious astroturfers. Is it really worth to advertise macshit on a neckbeard site?

Complains about notch but will settle for gigantic forehead.

Okay I guess.

Attached: 7a65ee71-b785-4fad-a518-3e07ca68ae3b.gif (300x168, 524K)

I don´t wanna advertise anything user, just want to have some information of people who have it and how it is.

well you are right, in the end I will just buy the S version when it comes out this year and upgrade 2 years later to the next S version.

nice trips but I don´t see that coming. the design is for me fucking awesome, but I think it´s more about the price and people don´t see the urge to update to something without a button. especially when it´s the same like the 8

It's a slider you dumbfuck.

>Complains about notch but will settle for gigantic forehead.
It's a slider. Screen covers the entirety of the phone.
If you slide the screen down, you'll see all the stuff from the picture.

Attached: images (2).jpg (334x151, 7K)

OMG WHERE AM I EVER GOING TO GET THAT SECOND OF MY LIFE BACK THAT I NEEDED TO DO THE ONE TAP ON MY TELEPHONE THE JEWS DID THIS

We'll, that's just one annoyance.
Problem is, iOS is full of them.

The fact that there is no "smart Lock", no way for the phone to turn WiFi on when you come home, no way to set updates for only when the phone is charging and the list goes on.

You might like it, but I can't use it after the Android. And my first smartphone ever was the original iPhone.

>no way for the phone to turn WiFi on when you come home,
isn´t that already in the phone? Also why you don´t turn wifi off when you are out of your home, that shit only drains battery.

Updates won´t even be done if your phone has less than 50% battery

5 sheckles have been deposited into your account

>isn´t that already in the phone?
Version 10 of iOS definitely doesn't have it.

>Updates won´t even be done if your phone has less than 50% battery
That doesn't solve the problem, does it?
I still have to manually open App store, want for everything to load and press "update all".
That's bullshit.

Needs an extra notch on the bottom.

I got you senpai

Attached: twonotches.jpg (660x491, 15K)

Wut? iOs doesn't update apps automatically??

There is no option to update when the device is plugged in.
You can set to update when there's wifi, but that shit drain battery like crazy.

So while I plug my Pixel to charge it updates everything and I don't have to worry, my girlfriend has ancient app versions on her iPhone 6S because she forgets to manually update them when she plugs it in and updating on wifi eats up to half her battery with the amount of apps she has.

I was surprised how shitty the actual usability of iOS is compared to Android.

I'd already have it if that fuckugly notch could get blacked out or used for black on white status icons only. Jesus Christ, Apple.

They actually went too far this time.

Attached: 1426169274718.jpg (544x409, 27K)

>You can set to update when there's wifi, but that shit drain battery like crazy.
Why do you let your phone obsession/OCD paranoia ruin your girlfriends experience of having her apps automatically update?

I don't. She doesn't do it, because she doesn't want to walk with Powerbank.

I asked her why doesn't she update, her answer was that it would mean she has to charge it and she doesn't want to do that.

If Apple allowed to update automatically when the phone is charging (like Google does) there would be no problem.

But then again, we're talking about "you can't use Bluetooth like that" and "you're holding it wrong" Apple.

>the front facing camera doesn’t need to exist
Billions of people use it. Doesn't matter if some faggot on Jow Forums doesn't care about it. Apple won't ever remove it.

inb4 headphone jack. Apple provide an adaptor in the box.

>Apple provide an adaptor in the box.
Can I charge it and use AUX at the same time?

no but you could use bluetooth which will always give you better soundquality.

>bluetooth which will always give you better soundquality
How so?

Also, my car has no Bluetooth.

I can´t give you why exactly, but some years ago I drove with a friend of mine. And bluetooth had much better quality than aux.

It shows battery but not percentage, for that you need to swipe down control centre.
Had it for 2 months and changed it for an S9+, phones great but theres so many small things thats really fucking annoying. Also notification system and multitasking on iOS is a fucking joke.

>I can´t give you why exactly,
You do understand how unrealistic it sounds? No matter what, I can't understand how wireless can in any way be better than cable.

My only guess is that your friend's stereo had some equalizer preset for Bluetooth.

Bluetooth does not have better quality than direct plug-in, I don't know what you're smoking.

Typical appletard

I have a friend with the x and it's the most comfortable phone I've ever held in my life. I hate apple but this is one of those times I have to concede that they got the size of the x perfect. I'm used to an LG V10/20 for reference and the latter is slightly too big

Really like. Only regret is not having a finger print scanner but not that big of a deal. So far face detection has been flawless for me.

Works great for me. Face ID works great. BTW you need to tap twice, not 3 times. It even says so before you try.

Actually you can if you use wireless charging.

>Actually you can if you use wireless charging.
Yeah, my car has no Bluetooth but has a compatible charging Matt. Sure.

OH NO NO NO NO

Attached: Apple-X-and-Android-Notches[1].jpg (900x902, 144K)

t. Apple apologist

>there are people who bought (or consider buying) a phone whose price exceeds 200 dollars
literally what's the point
consumerist roasties get the fuck out.

Attached: 1523221826391.jpg (540x540, 56K)

i have one since launch and everytime i pull it out of pocket im amazed at how good it looks

what i hate : the phone is very bad at being used held horizontally (face id doesnt work when the phone is rotated the ui has no landscape mode ect...)

sorry for not being poor

google assistant is better than siri