Google Chrome is recording you!

Is Chromium safe?
Is Linux safe?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=zBnDWSvaQ1I

Attached: Screenshot_20180415-092926~01~01.png (720x446, 70K)

just firejail Chromium if you're paranoid, or use one of the ungoogled variants (inox, ungoogled-chromium, iridium)

>Is Linux safe?
No

Are they safe?
How is this paranoia when it's true?
Where is EU?
Fine these americans for that shit.

Jokes on you, my computer doesn't even have an always on microphone.

gee wiz, good thing i don't have a camera or microphone installed then

Laptop cucks eternally btfo

>recording video on YOUTUBE
>holding up a sign that OCR software can read
>when google has algorithms that can analyze video contents in sub-playback time (they were waving their dingdong about it a good while ago)
>when google has algorithms that can bake up english language subtitles from borderline tard mumbling at this point
>"woah throw your crap away don't forget to subscribe"

does Jow Forums 'ironically' repost dumb clickbait?

Attached: 1491314872223.jpg (640x853, 41K)

Scary shit. So if you have an android phone they basically always listening to you all day?

If you have some private conversation with your lawyer for example?? wtf...

I have some doubts about this. Firstly it's easy to check which program uses microphone. This very relevant information is missing in video.
It could however be Winblows itself and lie about it, but then the assumption of Google doing it would be wrong.
Additionally - Chrome + permanently logged into Goolag account is saying you don't care anyway.

From experience most of adds just work with cookies. Imho this vid is totally faked.
Also on loonix browsers seem not to use mic passively. Can't confirm for Windows but I bet on the same.

mute your mic and firejail

I use adblockers on all my devices so I never thought about that, but what should I do now? Stop using every Google service and flash LineageOS without gapps on my phone, or keep using Google services to make them lose money since they'll process all my information but I'll never see an ad from them?

Use Brave.

Fuck that shit. I wonder if I will get served ads for lubricant when I am doing the missus in the ass while we watch Chaturbate?
Fucking Americans.

Some of the ads were from google's adsense though.

absolute state of nu-Jow Forums

>Google Chrome
He was literally life-streaming to Google. It's not Chrome's feature.

EU is about the only entity in the world that's fighting google.

Not for the right reasons, unfortunately. It's mostly a power-play on the big tech monopoly that America has, and they are doing so by using the usual vague platitudes (hate-speech, etc.) to morally browbeat Google and other companies into bending.

I admit that it may have some positive side-effects - such as the increasing frustration that creators have on Youtube, for instance (thanks to being demonetized for the silliest of slights) - that will lead to damaging Google, but the EU is hardly a paragon of personal freedom, unfortunately. And they are just as eager to get in on the spy-game as everyone else. Just look at the recent cancer of eCall.

Anybody who believes this video is an absolute moron. I don't understand how and why people just believe shit the second they hear it. Nobody questions things properly nowadays.

Don't get me wrong, I know Google and Facebook do shady shit but he could easily have set up a script to redirect advertisement DNS lookups to ones specifically related to dog toys. He could have bound it to a hotkey or had it on a timer. There's hundreds of explanations. Use your brains morons.

You must be around 13 years old. Adults don't type the way you do.

Look at this cool guy

so edgy
*tips fedora*

why you are quoting me for?? wtf...

You must be around 13 years old. Adults don't type the way you do.

Doesn't help if he has an android phone laying around

Put your money where your mouth is. Prove the video wrong. You might be right, but you cannot make equally grandiose claims refuting a premise without backing it up.

>firejail

It's such a pain in the ass

Unfortunately with videos on the internet it can sometimes be impossible to 100% conclusively prove the video wrong.

You only have an audio and video data stream to work with. If I had a wireshark capture of his entire network it would be a different story but you can think of this as similar to when humans were first trying to prove the existence of black holes or the big bang theory. You can only work with the information you have at the specific point in time. Somehow I think the video maker has more focus on trying to become a youtuber rather than trying to call out a half-trillion dollar company.

In fact I wouldn't even be surprised if you were the person who made the video. Or maybe OP made the video and is fishing for more views. I can never know.

>People falling for this video
If you think google is listening through your microphone and that this has somehow flown under the radar then you should honestly consider suicide.

This

not this thread again
he just doesn't have enough proof. we basically see nothing, not his device, not his privacy settings..
we don't even see his hand all the time, he could just pull out his phone, search for dog food and then claim that they're listening. Somebody has to prove this better with showing and logging the device and the account

Attached: IMG_8855.jpg (475x530, 47K)

So what? It's good that 13 year olds are interested in this shit. Drop the "haha I'm older than you" attitude.

He showed the sign before going to websites dumbo, if the algorithm worked as you describe then he would've gotten the ads on the first round.

>implying they don't put jew-approved mini microphones on your mobo

>talking to brother about gettting pizza for a party in the evening
>open iPhone web browser to check Bitcoin prices
>there's a pizza ad at the top
I normally wouldn't think anything of it, but 100% of the time that I go to that site there are ads for bitcoin sellers and VPN services. Trying to play it off as a coincidence doesn't really work if the first fucking time out of hundreds that I see a different ad (for pizza no less) was during a conversation about pizza.

Hi.

Attached: downloadfile.png (1139x1139, 40K)

You'd think these tards would realize that if this were true, the entire tech-news world would be losing their shit. Instead, they choose to take the word of some dipshit on Youtube. Google services are as invasive as they come, but this is not a tactic they use. There isn't even a need to, people hand over everything Google could ever want.

Didn't work for me, but I tried it in Italian.
Also, I have a breddy strong privacy setup even if I'm on chrome, so it probably has less information on me than it has on the dude...

Hmm not possible for a video recording. You realize this would overload low bandwidtg connections right?

what? dns lookups? are you just throwing around buzz words without knowing what they actually mean?

>chromium front-end update soon

Attached: 1422055474373.jpg (423x286, 29K)

My theory is it's his phone that's listening. I tried this myself and it didn't work, but I don't have a smartphone.

I see more posibilities. Listed from most likely:
>faked
>jewgle analyzes what he directly lifestreams to them
>phone with goolag wiretap
notice Chrome recording in background not listed

said the 18 year old

>OCR software can read
OCR is not that good

old news

How many of those support in-browser media support and automatic updates?

Maybe unplug your webcam? Or cut the wire if you have a laptop? This isn't rocket science

>Google Chrome is recording you!
Imagine my shock.
>Is Chromium safe?
Probably not.
>Is Linux safe?
Depends on the distro. Anything with systemd should be automatically considered compromised. I recommend installing something like Tiny Core or Damn Small Linux since the source is small enough that a group of 10 freetards could easily audit it, as opposed to something like Ubuntu where systemd alone has over a million lines of code.

Attached: 1475293208458.png (640x640, 12K)

GNU/Linux + Chrome - didn't worked.