Why do you hate updating your system, Jow Forums? Do you not want to be secure against malware, backdoors, worms...

Why do you hate updating your system, Jow Forums? Do you not want to be secure against malware, backdoors, worms, rootkits and much more?

Attached: 1520771412867.png (427x268, 7K)

I do, but if I have to reboot my system to do it, or if it reboots RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF ME RENDERING A VIDEO, fuck that.

I update my linux system when I want and am not busy working, I feel sorry for those who use windows to work and do not have control over it.

>your spyware is up to date

>have to use mac at work
>bootcamp GPU update
>windows partition boot completely breaks
>because of a fucking GPU driver update
>had to wipe partition and reinstall in the end
GG Apple

>mfw I haven't updated windows for over 5 years.

Attached: at4vli.jpg (512x512, 37K)

I use LTSB and only do manual security updates.

Attached: 001.jpg (1280x1918, 231K)

>want to update Windblows
>update size is over 2GB
>doesn't want to give me good mirror, speed just few kB/s
>keep it all day, no progress
fuck Windows updates

People shit on forced auto updates on windows 10 and I do hate it myself too but quality updates are pretty straightforward on windows 10 and most of the time hassle free. The forced auto update just suck.

>Why do you hate updating your system, Jow Forums?
I like to update, but only if I want.
I don't want loosing half of battery life, when Windows decides to update. Thus I use GNU/Linux.

I open up all of my free software once a week, just to update it all.

I don't. Linux takes 2 minutes to update and if it's a kernel update I'll reboot when I feel like it.

Femanon here
I love proprietary software so goddamn much

enjoy your daily dose of botnet

I hated it back when I was using Windows.

Attached: 2018-04-15-221334_1366x768_scrot.png (1366x768, 885K)

I haven't updated windows 7 since sp1, every time I get a new machine I reinstall win7 sp1, always with no antivirus
And every time there was a big bad virus infection that nugee was crying about I wondered how retarded you'd have to be to actually get a virus.
If you have at the least a half functional reptilian brain you shouldn't worry about viruses. And if you upgrade to windows 10 for muh security the irony is that you've willingly installed malware, spyware and bloatware and done nothing but damper your security.

Attached: 1523687573113-g.png (478x603, 220K)

>I love proprietary software so goddamn much
k
>Femanon here
how is that relevant?

>use LEENEEX as a router
>don't have automatic updates because freetards think that the OS is secure enough to not need them or are too autistic to realize the importance of letting users update without connecting a fucking serial cable to it or muh /bin/uptime
>become part of a botnet because some obscure DCCP bullshit in the kernel has a remote execution vulnerability
And that's when I changed my router to a Windows Server 2016 machine. I get automatic updates and I don't need to worry about anything. It automatically restarts to install them when I'm asleep, so I don't see any downtime.

what does your proprietary hardware smell like?

first I update gcc
then I rebuild libtool and llvm
then I rebuild my entire system
then... sleep

Because windows update and telemetry hit performance of all older machines.

this is a lie

I use Arch and update my system every day.

Attached: 1498416276480.jpg (640x640, 93K)

Lol I haven't either, what are you implying

just do the manual update by downloading the KB file itself from microsoft catalog

u dun bin baited

This. I have yum-cron set up on my system in order to automate updates, but it has never once forced me to reboot. Ever.
The last time I rebooted was because my system only holds 3 kernel versions, and the one I was using got removed about a month before that.

I don't but M$ says I can't anymore.