How can I make money on servers standing in my basement?

How can I make money on servers standing in my basement?

Attached: OriginalJPG.jpg (504x350, 19K)

are they running 24/7?

yes
they both have 6 core 3.5-3.9 GHz xeons and 128gb ram.
Also linux.

Minecraft server

Unironically this

mine bitcoins, host other peoples websites and files, rent VMs for people, host a VPN server, rent CPUs for rendering.

Does this even cover the electricity costs?

Just tell all the kids to support your patreon after you make a YouTube channel and make a small following of young autist children who have rich/well off parents who will gladly give money to have their child happy (and to avoid autistic rage)

t. Am autist

Build some website and offer game server hosting (minecraft) at a lower price than other services I guess or just lie on the page and claim to be cheap I guess. Say you have" DDOS protection and state of the art, propriety security measures"

So you are saying that IRS won't notice that shit?

This.
>Also wanting to saturate your home internet connection with you letting autistic children play minecraft on your servers

Yea make sure not to do any of that on residential connection, it's a great way to get kicked from your ISP.

Why the fuck would anyone purchase hosting services from some dude in his basement when real hosting is cheaper than ever. Fastest way you can make money off those servers is to sell them.

With those specs, not much. Not powerful enough for single-task usage (e.g. mining or ML), not big enough for renting it out.
Just look into one of those distributed computing platforms to help scientists crunch the numbers and help out this way. There's one for SETI and one for finding digits of pi, I think.

Kids wont know it's a dude in his mothers basement or a multinational corporation. Just make a professional looking website.

That's why I'm asking.
No botnet mayhaps?

If they pay for it who cares
other than that I can't really think of much you can do with servers to generate money

Maybe just sell them for parts. 128gb of RAM is pretty fucking expensive alone

Sell them.

Are ppl still making mmorpg -private- servers, and receiving donations in exchange of ingame products?

You can run a Wow server on C2D. It's mostly a bandwidth and ddos protection issue.

>It's mostly a bandwidth and ddos protection issue.
Not just that, but you'd have to host it in some backwards country like russia, otherwise it will 100% get shut down. The last guy who tried to host a wow private server in the us got it shut down 5 hours after launch.

How so? Is it specifically a wow thing? I ran a few public game servers for years on my att connection. And I currently run backup services for my work

>How can I make money
Just give your computing power, electricity and internet for free to the researchers goy.

>goy
>LMAOOO memed XD

Attached: 1520876943249.jpg (720x736, 94K)

If you have to ask that question, I feel sorry for the day someone has to test the backups you are doing.