Daily reminder that all you need for your daily computing is a thinkpad running Fedora

Daily reminder that all you need for your daily computing is a thinkpad running Fedora.

>Save your money
>Stop gaymin
>Stop falling for consumer bs
>Go outside
>Stop eating soy

Attached: nosoy.jpg (230x219, 14K)

Other urls found in this thread:

devuan.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This but debian

acceptable reply

I am not poor, believe me - the post

Fedora master race

>Daily reminder that all you need for your daily computing is a thinkpad running Fedora.
>>Save your money
>>Stop gaymin
>>Stop falling for consumer bs
>>Go outside
>>Stop eating soy
And a vpn

buying a memepad is the most soy thing you can do
fuck off ebay seller

Attached: 1521531301453.png (1280x878, 72K)

Is the x200 worth getting? What would be a reasonable price for it?

not if you plan on doing anything besides ricing soyWM and posting screenfetches on Jow Forums.
They were slow before but after the meltdown and spectre fiascos they're unusable now. Also not properly protected.

>use linux
>fuck around for a bit
>tried to run that one simple exe file I had
>something something error :^)
>noped the fuck out
Life is too short to use a hacker OS.

this but a macbook

>linux
>exe
This is bait or you're retard?

this but arch

>>Go outside
No, fuck you

careful there. if people stopped eating soy they would stop using thinkpads and linux.

i have a x200, haven't had a single problem with it, but obviously you have to know it has limitations. If you intend to run windows, most of the capacity goes out the window. On gnu, it handles movies, programming, browsing, videos, streaming...for instance, a decent sized excel file on windows is already a bit too much for it.
I even used to play cs1.6 and AoE2.om Lan with some friends during classes

>I drink soy milk
>I use a desktop PC with a AMD APU
>I play games ported for Linux and emulators
>I use Manjaro

what now?

you do know that systemd is exploitable by hackers, right?

How do I rice Cinnamon on Fedora?

>On gnu
How are you running an OS without a kernal?

I think he tried running it in wine
>Too stupid to configure wine
>Complaining that applications for a completely different system don't work out of the box

I'd just like ta interject fo' a moment. What you referrin ta as Linux, is up in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken ta callin it, GNU plus Linux. Linux aint a operatin system unto itself yo, but rather another free component of a gangbangin' straight-up functionin GNU system made useful by tha GNU corelibs, shell utilitizzles n' vital system components comprisin a gangbangin' full OS as defined by POSIX. Many computa playas run a modified version of tha GNU system every last muthafuckin day, without realizin dat shit. Through a peculiar turn of events, tha version of GNU which is widely used todizzle is often called "Linux", n' nuff of its playas aint aware dat it is basically tha GNU system, pimped by tha GNU Project. There straight-up be a Linux, n' these playas is rockin it yo, but it is just a part of tha system they use. Linux is tha kernel: tha program up in tha system dat allocates tha machinez resources ta tha other programs dat you run. I aint talkin' bout chicken n' gravy biatch. Da kernel be a essential part of a operatin system yo, but useless by itself; it can only function up in tha context of a cold-ass lil complete operatin system. Linux is normally used up in combination wit tha GNU operatin system: tha whole system is basically GNU wit Linux added, or GNU/Linux fo' realz. All tha so-called "Linux" distributions is straight-up distributionz of GNU/Linux.

This but PCLinux

You need a quad 1080ti to do your scientific calculations though :^)

>Fedora
>Not Ubuntu
What if I like a working OS ?

Attached: 1508259466423.png (620x640, 260K)

I'm sorry, but Arch is the pragmatic distro.
>up to date software
>stable (you have to be retarded to avoid reading their rss feed about potential breakage)
>minimal bloat (nano and lvm2 in core system for some reason)
>single init system rather than the mess debian has with sysvinit backwards compatibility
>you install what you need rather than wrestling with the distro to get what you want done
>general purpose
>you have a slim chance of having to add 3rd party repos to install shit, AUR exists
>no shitty installer that fails all the time and makes sure you have no clue how to fix things when they break (debian being the worst offender here, if you want an installer then do it the CloverOS way)
I could go on, but I think it's clear enough by now.

>Thinkpad
>Lenovo
>Superfish
>Literal chink backdoor

Why does Jow Forums still shill this garbage?

/thread

But I have a fagbook air running OpenSUSE. I don't need an another laptop.

>debian
More like plebian lmao

I'm not gaming.
I'm barely buying/consuming anything.
I love going outside.
I don't eat soy.

I'm still miserable and hate my existence.
I don't have Fedora though, so that might be the reason.

Attached: 5843f7af156197a093844df9cde398aa.jpg (707x1000, 504K)

If you like minimal installs, most major distributions offer them. The best thing about Arch is their comprehensive wiki site, the worst thing about Arch is someone like you that can only troubleshoot their own shell commands.
If you need a 3rd party repo to install shit or can somehow fuck up an installer that runs on rails, then you have no business making any recommendations here.

>or can somehow fuck up an installer that runs on rails
Debian netinstall is so retarded it writes fstab based on block devices rather than UUIDs, so haivng your install media as the first device is enough to have an installation that requires fixing to work.
>If you need a 3rd party repo to install shit
I shouldn't, that's the point, but distros like debian require them for even the most basic things.
>the worst thing about Arch is someone like you that can only troubleshoot their own shell commands
Not really, as setting things up teaches you where to look when something goes wrong.
>If you like minimal installs, most major distributions offer them.
Most of them are shit though. I don't even like Arch in this regard.

I got one for £60 which is a good price.
x200 is for if you care about muh freedums and want to libreboot. Otherwise get a better thinkpad model (or a modern laptop why get a thinkpad at all if not for freedom?)

If our software wasn't written like absolute shit, and bloated up by Pajeets and nu-devs, even that old laptop would be considered overkill.

First off, thank you for responding so respectfully to my useless sperg rage. I'm sorry for that, you obviously didn't deserve it just for having a difference of opinion.
The modern installer (not sure when this was implemented in Debian) does use UUIDs now.
As to 3rd party repos, I honestly prefer to just curl it from GitHub. I've always looked at the AUR as a glorified 3rd party repo full of shitty bash/python scripts, but it's handy to get the good stuff without all the fucking around. It would be nice if these other Linux teams stopped trying to be philosophical about software and just hosted it, since having an endorsement from the FSF is something that no one gives a shit about anyway.
And yes, installers are shit, that's why I just DD or drop to the shell from a bootdisk anyway.

>The modern installer (not sure when this was implemented in Debian) does use UUIDs now.
I've had a brand new image of netinstall fail this way when I tried installing it this month.
>my useless sperg rage
Didn't feel like a rage, you just made a bunch of flawed points.

why are you mad about soy?

This but Hackintosh.

Attached: d52.jpg (231x244, 8K)

>What if I like a working OS ?
Then Windows

Attached: Feel_with_it.jpg (200x254, 11K)

>not patched properly for spectre
>freedom

The only thing left is to cut off your own balls.

>windows
>working
OSX is the best of both world

>systemd
Nice try, NSA. I use NetBSD on a ThinkPad without an IME.

Attached: 1514571571689.jpg (441x358, 19K)

*blocks your path*

Attached: kernel panic.jpg (800x491, 142K)

I'd prefer Void Linux.

Real soyboys use Ipads, Macs or MS Surface.

Stop watching Paul Joseph Watson and Infowars. Turning 17 would also help. Until then, have enough decency to take this to /b/.

"reams your ass".

Attached: uf011629.gif (720x529, 27K)

You are right. I still need fucking Windows for some shit tier old legacy system that I run at work and connect with a provider using some nigger tier certificates that only worked with IE to run it (they just updated to work with chrome/firefox a few months ago but still dependant on some program running in the background and windows only.

/thread

This but gentoo
Inb4 "but I cant compile on labdob :((", you have a gay men PC anyway so set up distcc on it

get faggots

Attached: 18rbuco7br72ajpg.jpg (800x736, 66K)

I prefer a desktop since I never leave my house anyways.

muh thinkpad

Attached: 1521899842658.gif (800x800, 195K)

test

>muh maboo proo

fixed

>Fedora
At least run CentOS. Beta software is for beta cucks.

What's wrong with soy

Why did Debian systemd when they could just create a non-systemd branch and maintain that as well for popular archs

Fedora fucking sucks dude there is no hope for you

>Stop gaymin
Given the fact i mostly play old shit on emulators, this thinkpad is not getting even close to stopping me from gaming.

Also i avoided soy before it was cool because i don't like the taste.

>Having a machine that has easily replaceable parts and doesn't fuck you up the ass with BGA soldered everything is soy

You're a sad, sad little man and you have my pity

devuan.org/