Does anyone actually use multiple desktops/workspaces

Does anyone actually use multiple desktops/workspaces
I'm on KDE and I never tend to use the feature, even when I have a crapton of windows.
Is it actually benefitial to your productivity or is it just a meme?

Attached: 1510561450708.png (43x41, 1K)

Just buy second monitor.

I already have senpai.

Yeah I do. I use workspaces + splitscreen to set up desktops of different types (I'll usually have some accounting/legal docs open in one, a fullscreen editor in another, etc). Makes it much easier to focus as I don't have things flashing at me from the corner of my eyes.

I use it at work, one workspace with work related stuff, the other one with Jow Forums

That's the reason why you don't use spaces, then.

macOS's desktop and full screen handling is the best around. It's like having an infinite amount of screens that you can quickly flick between. Really useful when programming. One desktop is the text editor, another is the terminal + browser, and a third is any other bullshit.

These digits cannot go unnoticed. Checked.

wasted

WRONG
true

Workspaces are pretty great if you can figure out how to work them into your workflow smoothly. I don't use them as much on my multi-monitor desktop, but when I'm on my laptop I find them invaluable.

I have keybindings to switch and move windows to each workspace. I usually end up having Desktop 1 being my web browser, 2 being my work, and 3 being research/notes. Really nice to be able to go directly to the programs rather than cycle through them with alt-tab.

No it’s not useful at all. I have like 6-7 windows open on a tiling manager, and just full screen whichever one I’m using at that time.

It's super nice. I have mine set up as
> to-do list | documents | browser | editor | terminals | music

It's pretty useful when you have a lot of windows open. It's difficult to alt tab through all of them.

See, if you have less than 10 windows, you can do it all in one workspace, but once the number is >30 it starts getting out of hand.

I use 12 workspaces on openbox, with the minus key and plus key as 11 and 12.

I think it's more useful if you actually use features like split screen and fullscreen. If you just only use maximized windows it's not all that different from just alt-tabbing or win+tabbing+selecting the window.
Like having two browsers open split screen on one workspace to search stuff up/test, and another for an exclusive fullscreen editor is GOLDEN.

its handy

on KDE I use activities, it's virtual desktops on steroids

I work on multiple desktops from one workspace. Teamviewer is nice.

I'm using it right now to run some processes that I can quickly switch to. I typically use it to have a music player open, or some long-running script going that I want to stay out of the way of anything else I'm doing

I use it at work to have my primary space be my workspace and another one for when I take lunch for goofing off.

bout the only use I can envision for it is keeping work and personal windows separate

I used it on top of extra TTY sessions when I was using Gentoo on my laptop. It's a great system to organize stuff with the keyboard. Never use it on windows or OSX though outside of the latter's maximize functionality.

I tried to use them at work. One workspace for the day-to-day stuff, one for my current project.
Works great until you have to use Excel, which fill open all files on the screen where you opened the first file, regardless of where you are.

3 monitors plus multiple desktops on primary display

fuck my slutty boy pussy

Yes I use 3 monitors + workspaces.
First workspace is usually work + media/music
Second is communication
Third is misc, usually blank because I have enough monitor space.

I usually fullscreen everything, only thing that's tiled is files in my text editor.

>macOS's desktop and full screen handling is the best around.
Except it's retarded. Creating virtual desktops for every single window that's going fullscreen is literal autism that's showing the OS can't handle fullscreen windows in the regular windows z-index hierarchy.

GNOME does the same thing, and most tilers default to ten workspaces, which ought to be more than enough.

i encourage you to give tiling WMs a try

I like to use it for my cybersec homework quite a bit. I can have my remote VM lab maximized in one desktop, then be able to flag+arrow between that and another desktop sharing a firefox window and my lab assessment in libreoffice. Feels fucking good man, plus hot corner expose across all desktops makes for a workflow even better than when I was running snow leopard 8 years ago.

In implementation, a full screen app is not a virtual desktop. But in showing it to the user, it places it in the same carrousel as the other desktops to make the 3-finger swipe gesture more fluid and useful. Some apps still don't implement the new full screen-into-VD-carrousel, and draw a fullscreen over the existing desktop. For that, I create a genuine new virtual desktop and push it there. Look at you, Zoom.

for separating SFW & NSFW stuff

>"For that, I create a genuine new virtual desktop and push it there"
>genuine apple-faggotism
What's your favorite dildo, user?