Honestly Jow Forums I can't believe I waited so long to not get one of these...

Honestly Jow Forums I can't believe I waited so long to not get one of these, so much better than HP and I only paid $135 and free shipping.
Possibly one of the best purchases I've made.

Attached: 1523835224167203394927024148642.jpg (1280x720, 424K)

you really are pathetic if that's the best thing you have ever bought.

That's an L model ThinkPad, return that shit and get a non L model.

>L

well at least it looks decent and you didn't pay too much for it. Next time get a T or X series like a real nigga

"Lenovo"

Hope you enjoy it OP. The company laptop in my last job was L series lenovos, they were fine. Current job will provide Txxx or X1s, looking at getting something to replace my dinosaur W510, ideally something I could swap the ram and battery into as I only upgraded those recently.

Septouples get

>L model

jeez, get a T or an X

Not a get
lur moar

>When your shit thinkpad thread becomes an unintentional get thread.
Just got a W510
Cracking machine!

What's wrong with the L series Jow Forums ?

sent from my T420

Enjoy it mate, the only complaint I have with mine is the size and weight of it but it's not meant to be lugged around, I just have to with mine a lot more than I would like.

When it's sitting in the dock it's probably one of the most comfortable things I've ever typed on

W or P are also answers.

CAD, Word processing, Shitposting, the world's your oyster on this thing!
Got the 1080 panel too which is very nice if you want to watch a film.
The choice between a 1 & 1/2hr battery life or a 400Mhz throttled CPU's a bit of a bummer though.

It's one of the cheaper new models that Lenovo shat out. They're less durable and not very easy to repair because the parts aren't very modular. The X and T series are what's left of the old IBM lineup and have tons of cheap parts out there so you can fix or mod things, plus they're sturdier overall.

The W is also one of the holdouts
and the reason those models are more durable is the metal frame
the other series have are nothing but shitty cheap plastic

What model in the W series does the fun stop at?

Ideally you'll want a W520, 510 is a pig

I'll keep a look out.
ATM they're over 200 quid so might be a couple of years yet.
As it is i've noticed the W510 isn't a very popular thinkpad and I don't see the problem.
It's been the best portable machine i've owned in my life so far!

510 is a lot more power hungry, 520 fixes this while maintaining the good keyboard

Sounds good to me!

>chiclet keyboard
you dun goofed

>tfw bought x220 in a pristine condition for 140€

Attached: 1489849399497.png (750x750, 361K)

They are ok laptops I got one cheap but broke it and paid out my ass for a high end of the same model. Took good parts off old broken one and put them onto new one. Had to change a driver to get it to show the trackpad I had installed. That was a fuck around

Same here, I got in on an eBay auction that no one bid on but me. I got a fully working X220 with little to no wear and pretty much no problems in the end of it, for 150 burger bucks.

Serious question, why do people unironically buy thinkpads? Outside of a Jow Forums meme I don't see what benefit they have over other types of laptops per price, are the specs really worth the price?

Older ThinkPads, 2010-2011 time period to be specific still perform pretty well by modern standards, are very well documented, durable, can replace parts in the same fashion as car parts due to their modularity and the list goes on and on. Even older ThinkPads are not as good on the hardware end of things but are useful for those wanting near-complete isolation from things like government agencies looking into their machines.

The copypasta is true, they're workhorses. Prices are badly inflated now but they're still reliable machines that are easy to work on with replacement parts that are in good supply. I'd still recommend getting one but best of luck finding one at a decent price

Quality.

I have a gaming laptop that I paid £799 for, can play most games in ultra, but I still prefer an X220 that cost me less than £150.

The reason is how solid this laptop is, It has a screen 5 inches smaller, but is super-quiet, and I can watch youtube vids, shitpost, type documents, listen to music, learn shit, I can do anything on it except play modern games, I could probably play some older stuff, and I know I can stream from the GL via steam, but meh.

At Corning they have a partner ship with hp and we have to use how elite books.

The batteries literal die during important multi national meeting... Flm why can't we get free Apple products or think pads!

Bought a used L440 last year, pretty solid shit, and the keyboard is good.
I could even upgrade the CPU.

REEEEEE/10

Good answers, thanks. How do thinkpads compare to other types of laptops like HP ultrabooks or other work-designed laptops in terms of price/performance, build quality, and other factors?