Is this true? Is the only way to escape the botnet to use OpenBSD on RISC hardware?

Is this true? Is the only way to escape the botnet to use OpenBSD on RISC hardware?

Attached: glowinthedark.png (1845x306, 133K)

If you're connected to any modern system you're part of some botnet/surveillance. The only winning move is not to play the game.

suicide is the only way out

Security through obscurity is s fallacious train of thinking, as Theo would tell you with regard to OpenBSD. With the little it's been audited, OpenBSD is likely riddled -currently- with more bugs than Linux had in the last year.

It is designed well. I'll say that.

>No powerful and well supported ARM devices for Linux or BSD

>Too Costly
>Power9 from Talos

>Irrelevant
>MIPS

So how were you expecting to "escape the botnet" while also having no means to do so without completely crippling your computing power and/or wallet?

+1

Attached: 1519476582948.jpg (1000x1502, 256K)

I'm the guy who posted this. I'm still here and still shitposting. I spend more time on Jow Forums than I'd care to admit.

Anyhow, what I said is the truth. The only way you can even begin to escape the botnet is to move away from x86 and systemd. It should be fairly obvious to everyone with half a brain that Windows and OS X have long been compromised. But I see many here who think they're safe on standard Linux distros like Ubuntu. This is nonsense, considering systemd is a clusterfuck and has more code than any one man could reasonably audit in a lifetime. Who here would be foolish enough to even attempt to audit 1 million lines of constantly changing source code? Nobody. Half of can't program anyways. Stay away from systemd. Also stay away from any other software or hardware that you absolutely know to be backdoored, like Windows, WD drives, Intel chipsets, and every cell phone on the market.

Cell phones are the biggest cancer. Get rid of that thing right now. I would bet good money that it's spying on you right now by virtue of you all browsing Jow Forums alone. This is marked as an extremist site.

SGI MIPS (I use a Tezro) is rather expensive but other nice RISC hardware like used PowerPC Macs is cheap. They use Open Firmware as the BIOS which is still fairly secure and totally open source. You can get 1GHz PowerPC Apple laptops and install Linux or BSD on them. NetBSD uses pkgsrc to allow you build things from source rather easily. From there you install a window manager like Fluxbox and only the apps you need. Keep things small and simple. It's harder to hide backdoors in a tiny window manager than it is to hide them in systemd.

If you are willing to spend the time there are better tools on Linux, the kernel level access management tools like RSBAC are not found on BSD.

Damn, guess I better stick to Windows 10 and Chrome. Thanks Jow Forums!

The ONLY way to escape the botnet is by writing and using your own operating system and never leaking the code.

wow proprietary software was the answer all along :^)

So what do you use to make calls / sms.
Inb4 "i dont".
Completely unresonable in today's age, especially when trying to find work.

I don't work because I hopped on the meme coin train in 2012, allowing me to quit my job. That's the entire reason why I spend my life shitposting from SGI machines and not in a cubicle somewhere. I literally do not make calls.

If you're actually who you say you are and not a larp, why would I actually try to "escape the botnet"? Why do you, what do you have to hide?
As long as they don't publish literally every embarassing thing they have on me, why would I care? At this point that you're describing it would be easier to never do something I'd regret coming out in public than I would literally giving up all modern technology. It just doesn't make sense.
And how did you manage to get security clearances while at the same time presumably being on a watchlist for visiting "extremist websites"? How do you avoid MITM surveillance? TOR? Shitty VPN? I dunno man, it sounds like you're just shitposting and looking for an excuse to use SGI hardware.
I mean I know x86 is not safe against the NSA, I just don't think they'll root your machine just for browsing 4chin, and I don't think using a different CPU and neckbeard OSes does anything for you when you are connecting to a network that's monitored en masse.

>MIPS
>irrelevant
OpenBSD has a Loongson port.

I do it mainly as a hobby. It's something to do during the day. I also have a few Libreboot ThinkPads but I don't use them. My paranoia isn't really genuine, I'll admit that much. What is genuine is my push against bloated shitware and insecure hardware.

As far as networking goes, my LAN is pretty damn secure but I assume that nothing on the internet is secure. It's a pretty common sense approach for home users to take. Let's put it this way, if you're doing banking online or you shop online with anything but a prepaid card, you're a dumbfuck. Do it offline. Use the postal service. It exists for a reason.

Use Slackware on a P4. :^)

>checked
Their ports are irrelevant as only very few cares about anything outside x86_64 and arm64 at OBSD or do you think one or two person can track all regressions and bugs? Good luck for that.

OpenBSD supports so many architectures so they can find bugs

you're using RISC hardware right now

this

Sure.

amd64 definitely gets the most love but openbsd is one of the best choices out there for weird platforms, by virtue of the fact that they have 24/7 system/package rebuilds running in theo's basement to stress test the systems

if a platform isn't able to sustain itself that way, they kill the port rather than portray a fiction that it's actually supported. recent examples include vax and sparc32

compare with the vaunted netbsd, which has a long list of so-called "supported" platforms but once you move off the main tier everything's cross compiled, only boot tested a handful of times per release. you're lucky if it doesn't hang five minutes after startup

Attached: rack2009.jpg (2520x3776, 3.99M)

>what do you use to make calls
Not him but you do realize VoIP services exist, right?

whats the best modern-ish laptop i can get that doesnt have intel chipsets with the backdoor? is x220 libreboot the way?

Of fucking course it had to be a redditnigger

>implying the postal service is secure
I trust TLS far more than I trust my envelopes to not be opened. Your postal mail is not encrypted.

I don't used reddit.

No security at all is better than a false sense of it.

>Cell phones are the biggest cancer. Get rid of that thing right now. I would bet good money that it's spying on you right now by virtue of you all browsing Jow Forums alone. This is marked as an extremist site.

Is it even risky to use a brickphone? Are you talking about smartphones here or every cellphone, including the so called dumphones?

When you talk about WD drives being botnet, are you referring to ones that come in NAS enclosures, or all drives? I saw that blog post where somebody installed Linux on the drive controller, but it required physical access IIRC, and it of course couldn't access the network.
I'm worried because most of my server is based off of WD drives, and I can't afford to replace them with something better.

Why are people so afraid of the botnet?
No really, I am serious here. I know its about not having every fuck in power looking over your shoulder but is it really so bad that you have to think about killing yourself and your data time altogether?

Why is it so scary too have some five dollar cunt see trough your files if its basically impossible to avoid them reasonably?