Do any of you guys actively burn stuff to CD's? I finished Mr. Robot S1 and with the CD shit I was actually thinking...

Do any of you guys actively burn stuff to CD's? I finished Mr. Robot S1 and with the CD shit I was actually thinking, wouldn't CD's be a really fucking good way to archive a lot of shit or burn FLACs if you have a reliable way to play them? Is it worth getting into CD burning?

Attached: bvaEjKe.jpg (750x906, 76K)

>getting into CD burning

>CD's

Fucking plebeian. We only copy data to Bernoulli disks here.

this reads like something someone would have said in 1998, not 2018

it's been about 10 years since i burned any CD's, at that point it was just the occasional ps1 or dreamcast game
>archive
maybe if you're archiving text documents or something, they're pretty small by todays' standards. your average 1080p web-dl episode is several times the size of a CD

>wouldn't CD's be a really fucking good way to archive

no

One of them isn't a girl.

I've recently burned some distros to DVDs because I don't currently have a flash driver. If you want to archive, use an external hard drive or a flash drive. Although I could see having a lot of burned CD/DVDs as pretty comfy.

fucking idiot

We have flash drives now.

What do you think music comes on already?

I only rip CDs

I use DVDs to back my shit up. Although 4 gigs are not enough by today standards, so I might upgrade to blu-ray soon.

Just get an external HDD dude, the portable ones even come up to 4TB now. Stop obsessing over outdated tech to seem esoteric, this is a huge problem on Jow Forums already.

? Konosuba
Sam Hyde NGNL
3/4. I know 3/4. Why.

>>not using ZIP diskettes

I havent owned a cd player for years . albeit one for a month when i had a dock for my x230 before the release lever offed itself

I only really read CDs nowadays. Cheap 1-4TB hard drives are pretty much my go to for data storage

Attached: My favorite lyrics.png (1057x939, 895K)

I got out of burning stuff to CD or DVD years ago. It's a shitty way of archiving stuff, and an inconvenient way of watching/listening to stuff.

No, you know 2/4. Top left is Gamers, bottom right is New Game.

Yes, for long term archiving. Make 2 copies and use verbatim discs (or anything made in taiwan)

No, use hard drives you mong.

>not burning them on bluray
>99 cent stores literally sell blanks

Only reason to burn anything to a CD is because it's a Sega Saturn game.

which one

Magnetic tapes are much more cost efficient for archival purposes.