Is it true that computer science/software engineering is oversaturrated in Ontario, Canada?

Is it true that computer science/software engineering is oversaturrated in Ontario, Canada?

Attached: 1523478524523.jpg (500x527, 44K)

No, they just told you that so you wouldn't feel bad

Computer science and software engineering are two different things. Make sure you know the difference before deciding.

It's oversaturated everywhere.

they're both basically the same thing if your goal is software development

explain

I'm finishing up highschool (I'm 18 I swear) and deciding if I want to do comp sci or not.

it's definitely oversaturated in Montreal, Canada

not according to some of my friends who are recent graduates, if you know french there's a lot of demand there.

Get a Math major with a CS minor. It will serve you better.
t. CS major with a Math minor

I was thinking of doing biochemistry + comp sci, so I can do bioinformatics later on as a masters program, it's interesting stuff but I'm not sure whether or not there's money in it (which is important to me since my senpai is poor)

{{{French}}}

study quantum chemistry instead. Classical mechanics is for fags and biologists.

Then your question has very little to do with what you want to know. Almost no CS grads will be touching your slice of the pie.

I guess. But going back to my original point, is it still a good path? Don't wanna end up a neet at 22 or 23

Both computer science and software engineering graduates become software developers. Both physics and history graduates become teachers.
Your point is valid, and they do apply for some of the same jobs, but it is important to know the difference between the two programmes - why choose comp sci if what you want to do is software engineering and vice versa?

at my university, both are basically the same thing (in terms of course sequences) and both end up doing the same job

Enjoy drowning in sweet Asian pussy, but you won't be able to do that if you major in CS you canuk

[spoiler]I'm a gril[/spoiler]

Not really. It varies by university, but SE is generally a lot more focused on getting shit done and working.
For example, in my university, SE has more physics and math, more electronics stuff, more programming/development workshops and more business oriented classes. And a lot more fucking classes looking at it now really. And less theoretical computation stuff and such.

>gril who wants to go into CS/SE
Why have you chosen this route? Have you taken any programming courses in HS? I find that a lot of the women in this stream (SE) didn't know what they were signing up for and most switched out in later years. Right now there are only 3 women across all my classes.

>SE has more physics and math
Why would software engineering have more math than cs??

Attached: 1501445452387.jpg (499x465, 20K)

Then you have already made sure you know the difference between the two in your context, which is what is matters. Forgive me for being pedantic, but generally the two academic programmes are different.

Oh don't worry, you can't be a NEET while you're trapped in academia.

Where I go you get hit by the "basic engineering shit starter pack" that all engineers get. At least they do differentiate a bit and the quantum physics class I got was the most relaxed of them all.

There are like 15 across mine, but I'm in Junior and Senior level courses this semester. And none of them have a natural hair color. And the only one who isn't fat chose CS to be in classes with her boyfriend.

That's not me (OP). I've been watching videos on youtube on programming, it's the only objectively feasible thing I can do.

>[spoiler]I'm a gril[/spoiler]
No worries then. Software development departments are probably eager to hire women :^)

Everything is "over saturated" because the people who have opinions on those things live their life surrounded by similar people, they only think about that subject etc.

If it's what you enjoy the most then you should do it and not let other people sway your opinion at all and just do it.

Where I am from the engineering title is protected, meaning you need x ECTS points in physics/chemistry. It sounds like what you are experiencing is not necessarily maths used for computer science, but for actual (not software-) engineering? (Not that such maths aren't useful in a computing job)

Exactly.

Sounds like a bunch of /Alberta/ here?

post feet