Reminder that we should build a web free of javascript otherwise we will always end up in the botnet

reminder that we should build a web free of javascript otherwise we will always end up in the botnet

Attached: feminismkillsbeauty4.jpg (974x731, 209K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gopher.floodgap.com/gopher/gw
port70.net/?1chan
khzae.net/1/chan
github.com/jbtronics/CrookedStyleSheets
pastebin.com/EupmYF34
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Let's build a gophernet imageboard. I'll start on the logo...

Lets go back to ftp, telnet and gopher only.

>Jow Forums sets up its own www

Attached: standards.png (500x283, 24K)

there is one already. i saw it in a thread before. it's basically a dude hosting his own chan on ps3. i don't have a link, though.

It already exist

College gave her a new nose?

t. retards with no idea how web pages work and blindly hate on javascript

ebin dudes!!

>before and after applel iphone

Fuck off.

let's replace javascript with scheme

There's the few I'm aware of:
gopher://port70.net/1/chan
gopher://gopher.su/1/board
gopher://khzae.net/1/chan

gopher.su is the PS3 one.

ye, fuck you. i don't want jews to spy on me with their shitty webapps.

>I'll start on the logo...
Memes aside, if anyone wants to make a neat ASCII art logo, I'll replace the generic figlet banner for gopher://khzae.net/1/chan. Must be < 70 chars wide and preferably < 25 in height so as not to be too big.

btw, you can use this to view any gopher in your web browser:
gopher.floodgap.com/gopher/gw

Or port70.net and khzae.net have their own gateways:
port70.net/?1chan
khzae.net/1/chan

Whoever made this should know if they're going to promote an agenda should try not picking obviously two different people

Javascript has a monopoly on client-side scripting, so we're kinda fucked.

Better to die a hero than live to see yourself become the villain.

You can track with just CSS now.
>github.com/jbtronics/CrookedStyleSheets

>We have to disable CSS now whenever possible along with javascript

Attached: 1492836434289.jpg (580x619, 183K)

BASED W3C

disgusting midget fingers

Jow Forums on suicide watch

What

the

flying

fuck

Tfw I build web apps
What's wrong with js??

lurk moar

>t. react webdev

That's it, time to create a new internet.

thanks, mate! was looking for these.

Attached: 1523108927371.jpg (440x567, 52K)

We should build a new decentralized web equivalent. Or just abandon the idea altogether.
Make a neo-usenet.

Fuck even Alan Kay agrees Berners-Lee is a retarded faggot that ruined everything for everyone forever with the web bullshit.

Alan is right, also NNTPchan anyone?

>posting that gay comic

Attached: 1506822058177.png (242x257, 81K)

No more.

Attached: that diddly iddly does it.gif (400x310, 794K)

what a time to be alive

Attached: 1486162709830.png (600x582, 241K)

>complains about a shitty comic
>by posting a shitty president
ebin

But how are we supposed to load Webassembly modules without using Javascript?

this is fucking whore shit

Agreed, I doubt it will ever happen though

Attached: 2wl0lc2urs8z.jpg (838x855, 91K)

>that image
People like to blame the college itself, but the truth is that this is what happens when you don't raise your kids right and then thrust them into a situation of newfound independence and freedom, along with a bunch of other kids who also weren't raised right. So you just have a bunch of kids who haven't grown up yet, with nothing but their own peers as examples to how they're supposed to act. Fools following fools. Foolishness to the nth degree.

Anyways, how is javascript botnet exactly?

>ads
>bloat
>tracking garbage
>jquery
>shitty frameworks
>coin miners
etc.

These things would exist without javascript, people would just find another way. I think it is the internet that is the botnet.

without javascript there would be no active content on the internet, unless the whole web uses Adobe(R) Flash(TM)

>set up a web dependent on current ISP infrastructure.

Why bother

Active content would have just been made on a different platform

>if the technology being used for these proposes did not exist, the technology for these purposes would be developed
intriguing

yep, without javascript it would have just found another way. fite me

>gopher
>images

disgusting.txt

Anything newer than HTML 3.0 is heretical and should be avoided.

Well you see. Before and after buying an apple shitphone

Someone's autistic

Second picture looks like the kind of person who has someone tied up in his basement.

> The platform is either Javascript, or something other than Javascript.
No shit.

Attached: download.png (211x239, 4K)

It's even possible for a website to sniff your browser history using CSS.
pastebin.com/EupmYF34
Jesus christ this fucking piece of shit spam filter.

J
U
S
T

Attached: 046.gif (262x202, 1.86M)

React is probably the most sophisticated font end framework out there rn. Pair it with mobx and you've got some NUTTY SHIT GOIN ON

So what are you proposing? Just static webpages? and then how do you do interactivity?

nntpchan uses a shitload of js

You don't.

The current web lets you do everything through easily reverse engineered http requests. That's really nice. You could build your own frontend to any web service. That's pretty fucking open.

Server side, or simply don't.

Attached: 1443581816942.gif (350x240, 1.55M)

>The current web lets you do everything through easily reverse engineered http requests.
Javascript runs on the client side, and can/often does a whole lot without making an HTTP request. And while it can be "easily reverse engineered" sometimes, there's plenty of obfuscation programs that can make this almost as difficult as with binary programs. Plus there's websockets to get around talking to a server over HTTP, and now WebAssembly which will literally make it as difficult as a binary program to reverse engineer.

yet instead of picking a decent language.. they kept JavaShit
embarrasing

Doesn't really matter. What does the js do? A bunch of dumb wizbang bullshit, a fuckton of advertising and analytics crap, and then the 1% kernel of actually novel functionality that's useful. You need only decipher that bit, and I've done it many times when cribbing features from interesting sites.
Websockets are great because they're standardized. Snooping on them is generally a breeze. Webasm is definitely a problem for reverse engineering ease, but it's not insurmountable because all the interesting bits are really in the communication. Plus I absolutely welcome webasm as a far better alternative to js regardless of decompiling woes, because it'll get us away from the horrors of npm. That fucking package manager and the disaster of packages inside it will be our downfall I swear. I'm 100% sure that some innocent little package referenced by half of all js projects (due to the incestuous nightmare of chained dependencies behind every framework) currently, right now, contains obfuscated malicious code of some kind.

We're getting a better way soon. Dotnet Blazor is coming along. I bet once some real projects use it, it'll take off. Then we'll see a renaissance in webdev as all the retarded js shit gets replaced with real languages compiling to webasm.

>What you can do to prevent tracking with this method
>The only way that is known to me currently, is to disable CSS for a web page completely (you can do this with a plugin like uMatrix). The problem is that almost every modern web page looks very ugly without CSS and is sometimes even unusable. So, disabling CSS is not a real option, except when you are very worried about your privacy (for example, when you are using the Tor browser, you should maybe disable CSS).

Attached: 1509809218226.jpg (276x336, 20K)

why is her right hand so small on the right side?

shop?