My room is very dusty, I clean fan filters and stuff in my room, and the dust just build right back up in a few days...

my room is very dusty, I clean fan filters and stuff in my room, and the dust just build right back up in a few days. so I'm thinknig if a air purifier is a good idea to put in my room?

The amount of dust in my room is ridiculous and never ends and I want to put a stop to this.

Attached: 1515949703941.jpg (2560x1440, 1.41M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hAdvsI_yybs
youtube.com/watch?v=1Af6bhAkZF0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What the hell is going on in there?

Attached: 1523321413094.jpg (538x486, 34K)

This is relevant to my interest. My room is dusty af aswell

Looks like cum dust.

It seems to me like the idea of an air purifier is sound. No idea if they work well tho.

you can clean your room and wipe dust once a week and there will be less dust in your pc

do you live in the laundry room, op?

its just a normal room, its okay size.
How do I choose an air purifier? The biggest one?

Attached: 1522176495216.jpg (2560x1440, 1.12M)

> carpet
> dusty af
enjoy ur breathing health issues OP

or you know, clean your shit out w/ a duster and get an air purifier, imagine your lungs, they probably look like your case

>wall to wall carpeting
Sorry bro, you're not going to make it.

But seriously, a good vacuum will do you 100x better than an air filter. They have ratings now, so look for one that's rated A in suction and dust emissions. Vacuum once a week if its just you, more if you have pets.

A air filter will still help out some. You can get a good one with a HEPA filter from Walmart or Target for around $30. Or check if your HVAC system has a replacable filter first and just buy a HEPA for that. Gotta change it every few months or it won't be effective.

Punching holes in the wall, autist?

friend got youtube.com/watch?v=hAdvsI_yybs as he smokes weed / tobacco inside his house, it completely changed the liveability of his house

I wouldn't go for a cheaper one tho

>normal room, it's okay size.
maybe if you live in new york, kek.

>philips
literally botnet

Cheap ones work great, you just have to change the filters every so often. They're usually just a fan that blows air through a foam filter for large particles, then a HEPA filter for small ones, then a carbon filter for odors. They're pretty reliable.

The expensive ones replace the disposable HEPA filter with a reusable electrostatic system to catch particles. I tried one made by OBH Nordica and had to return it 3 times because the electronics kept failing. Maybe other companies are more competent at making them.

Nigga wtf kind of squalor do you live in? Vacuum your shit

Lol no. That's obviously fart dust from consuming soy products.

Make your own. You only need some (duct) tape, box fan and furnace filter. Just make sure the filter is a hepa filter.

Attached: f751956f234b5c9e1b21fc834d560e92.jpg (320x240, 13K)

vacuum regularly + a real air purifier will make it spotless.

I used to have dust issues, but after getting a $450 air purifier with dual HEPA filters, even at the lowest setting it keeps things spotless, with the occasional vacuuming, there is simply no real accumulation of dust.

You can even get washable furnace filter these days, and I'm willing to bet any old box fan will move a lot more air across the filter than one of those stupid air purifiers.

>> carpet
>> dusty af
Since when does carpet cause more dust in a room? I've lived in both fully tile and carpeted homes and tiles creates more a build up that you constantly have to sweep/vacuum.

I don't know if I would bother with washable but box fan + furnace filter is literally same thing as air purifiers that use hepa filters. Plus if you're sp inclined, you can buy a roll of carbon filter if you wan to filter out odors too.

Interesting idea
Question: Do you push or pull the air?

Most air purifiers (and I suspect it's the same with these furnace filters) use pull method so I imaginei that would be better.

youtube.com/watch?v=1Af6bhAkZF0
this thing was made for you.

What are some good air purifiers? I feel like I'm falling for a meme here but it does sound nice to not have to deal with dust.
This one website sells one for $400 and keeps going on about holistic spiritual bullshit, I have money I just don't want to get memed

I have an air purifier and my desk and shit is still DUSTY

>addressing the symptom not the cause

depends on how large of a space you want to purify.

Blueair classic 203 or 405 should work depending how large of a space you have.

They're expensive because they're actually quality.

You have to get a Pull fan. Push fans won't work.

AustinAir makes some good units, very expensive though, $500+.

Not him, but I've been looking at the 405, you have actual experience with them? It's just that they're fucking $460 here and another $120 for a carbon filter

My grandparents have two 405's and they work great. They're expensive, but pretty much all of the purifiers in this performance category are.

Aight, I might bite the bullet then, mostly doing it for my cats to be honest. This breed don't shed like normal ones but there's no shortage on dust in here..

Attached: 1506745056253.jpg (743x800, 99K)

>(duct) tape,
Yay, handymans secret weapon.

you're bound to get a lot of dust if you live in some shitty valley

also bought a cheap, quiet electrostatic one (40$ rated for 35 m^2 or something like this, +- 20%) there is more dust on the outside than on the inside. Should have paid double for a big one

if you push then the dust goes through the fan first, and what remains will saturate at some point and be knocked off by incoming dust
pulling keeps the fan clean

Attached: Head-and-shoulders-2-in-1.jpg (1285x1285, 294K)

Do people actually use this on their shoulders?

It saves your shoulders from the falling flakes

Same problem here user. I hope someone has a solution.

Does it work if you have a normal fan in your room as well? I have mine on 24/7 because it gets so hot.

Yeah, it helps to circulate the air in the room. These things come with such small fans in them that they won't push the filtered air very far

breakfast?

Paint your walls. The dust you are experiencing is coming off your walls and could be toxic. Buy some latex paint and paint your walls and vacuum the carpet and it should reduce the dust by 90 %.