Best music player out there that isnt spyware?

was wondering whats the best music player for high bit rate flacs and also how to turn off groove music (windows 10). Also any faggot that says install "gento" likes dick. this is a pc for old pep who grew with this shit

Attached: j.jpg (630x630, 19K)

>pic unrelated

Aimp or foobar

Clementine just werks.

fag thats windows groove shit

how demanding is it? i want something light weighted, i forgot to say that.

how demanding is it? i want something light weighted, i forgot to say that.

Get either DeadbeeF or mpd+ncmpcpp if you want terminal compatibility. My girlfriend uses whatever comes with elementary and she seems to be happy with that, too

I just use VLC, what's the advantage of dedicated player for music?

he literally says "how to turn off groove music"
what the FUCK are you ESLtards doing

>no spyware
>windows 10

You might as well just give up.

>this is a pc for old pep who grew with this shit

Install Mint.

thanks

ik but its better to just have microsoft fucking me than third party apps

install funtoo

is it rly

maybe

foobar2000 is the only relevant music player on Windows.

install gentoo you utter cretin

>thinks it's okay to get buttfucked by anyone
op is a retard

your mom

Musicbee

mpd+ncmpcpp if you're on linux, idk what you should use on windows. I guess musicbee?

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-04-16 14-46-19.png (722x438, 28K)

Attached: logo.png (463x142, 29K)

Winamp, now and ever!

Attached: winamp.png (551x232, 28K)

Zune software.

AIMP. Both for Windows and Android.

mpd+ncmpcpp is needlessly hard to configure from the standpoint of a beginner/intermediate user.

if you want a cli music player, check out cmus. there are really like 5 keys you need to know, it's easy as fuck to get up and running.

most users don't need a fucking backend music player daemon. cmus does what i want and nothing more

Attached: 1515638469138.jpg (1920x1080, 1.13M)

I mean, I use vlc for pretty much anything the office needs, word documents, power points, and of course web browsing, but some people like to have dedicated software for things.

Not to mention cmus is even lighter than mpd+ncmpcpp if you really are all abut muh minimalism.

Clementine and Audacious. Nothing else is relevant.

It really whips the llamas ass

turntable

Attached: technicssl1200.jpg (500x500, 37K)

If you seriously insist on Windows 10 and not Win7/10 LTSB/GNU+Linux/etc, then foobar2000 or Musicbee. The latter is nice and preconfigured, whereas thr former has alot more plugins and customizability.
If you move to a non-Windows OS, then the rest of the thread has your answers

>lightweight
>windong 10
surely you jest

>mp3
what a pleb

MP3 is free as in freedom, and plays in about any device available today. Too pissed off your 386 can't decode MP3 in realtime?

If you really don't want to change your OS, go with Audacious. It's pretty much Winamp 2 with a few cool features like multiple playlists. Botnet free and lightweight through both points are rendered pointless by Windows 10 anyway.

Only one of us is using toasters, and it isn't me.

Attached: logo130.gif (262x130, 4K)

mp3 is shit
If you're going with lossy formats use Ogg. Ogg is 250kbps at it heaviest .

Foobar is so good I run it under macOS

Windows or macOS version?

thanks everyone

JetAudio

Foobar

xmplay is the best, non-foobar2000 player for the windows desktop

Phone, Sony music
PC, groove.

Attached: Screenshot_20180417-113229.png (1080x1920, 1.18M)

Windows; I need all my autismo columns

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-04-17 at 10.23.57 AM.png (1087x540, 387K)

qmmp

>foobar
Why foobar isn't opensource?
He made GPL IRC client, but why not foobar?

Attached: llama-beater-media-player.jpg (25x30, 8K)

Music Bee if you want a good looking, effective and extremely comfy library. Last good version is 2.5.5804 tho. The newer ones aren't as consistent when it comes to design in my opinion.

Foobar for everything else and more.

>how to turn off groove music
How about googling for about 5 seconds or copy-pasting this into elevated Powershell terminal?
Get-AppxPackage *zunemusic* | Remove-AppxPackage

What skin? I'm assuming you use Columns UI.

Winamp

FLAC uses lossless compression, while MP3 is 'lossy'. What this means is that for each year the MP3 sits on your hard drive, it will lose roughly 12kbps, assuming you have SATA - it's about 15kbps on IDE, but only 7kbps on SCSI, due to rotational velocidensity. You don't want to know how much worse it is on CD-ROM or other optical media.

I started collecting MP3s in about 2001, and if I try to play any of the tracks I downloaded back then, even the stuff I grabbed at 320kbps, they just sound like crap. The bass is terrible, the midrange…well don’t get me started. Some of those albums have degraded down to 32 or even 16kbps. FLAC rips from the same period still sound great, even if they weren’t stored correctly, in a cool, dry place. Seriously, stick to FLAC, you may not be able to hear the difference now, but in a year or two, you’ll be glad you did.

Attached: 1493221478833.png (500x500, 40K)

Next time get an anti neutron degeneration setup you pleb.

>uses windows 10
>concerned about privacy
>how do i turn off groove hurrr
>muh high bit rate flac
>i can hear a 96khz tone
>mughghgurrrrrr
Fuck off

>I just use VLC, what's the advantage of dedicated player for music?
If you're just playing files and folders from the explorer, not much. But if you want a proper music library experience, VLC doesn't cut it.