You got me, OP, I fell for that one.
t. NEET

you're a furry now

GODDAMMIT
*prepares noose*

upvoted

edit: holy shit! this blew up

Jow Forums

I work in a NOC for an ISP and make about 48k + 6k bonus every year.

Same

software dev
$185k

heloooooooo sir
>shill on an anonymous ivorian cave painting image board
>tree fiddy per one thousand words

Attached: 9265240-handsome-indian-man-with-moustache-and-raise-eyebrow-smiling-and-looking-at-camera-close-up. (866x1300, 168K)

home automation programmer

$43K in cad

Hardware dev

This sounds unpleasant

Software engineer in a third world country
About 20K per year

If you're good at software engineering then you should move to another country if you genuinely live in a 3rd world country.
Why do you choose to remain there?

Software dev 2 years in, 65k
H O W

eastern europe front end dev
7,2k eur

Cyber Security 52k

Going for cissp in the summer and expecting a sizable pay bump

Yeah it's a growing company, but all things considered it's pretty comfy.

sold my soul to FAANG. stock is worth a lot.

Software Engineer
$100k

How did you get into that field? What skills are necessary?

Nigger you think you can just move and thats it? if you don't have a work visa you're fucked, and good luck getting one

>Do you have a tech job?
USAF NOC - Network Engineer
>How much do you make?
~$40k, difficult to exactly say because enlisted pay is wierd (E-3)

Jow Forums is only shillcoin threads now

What do you do? I'm interested in working for an ISP after I leave the military.

sales for an american firm.. €50k + bonuses, 40 days holiday a year :)

>What do you do? I'm interested in working for an ISP after I leave the military.

A lot, actually.
We are a small company, so I do everything from troubleshooting T1's to spinning up virtual machines for clients. We also use this dope software that allows us to backup entire virtual environments for disaster recovery. It takes a snapshot of changes in data literally every 5 seconds. It's incredible.

OP here

desu I haven't started the job yet. It's a government contractor job and have no idea what the day to day is.
Is software dev a good career path?

Contractual technology/IP holder-focused Acquisition Manager, 90k.

>It's a government contractor job
Yikes. Government software jobs suck. Unmotivated coworkers, 10+ year old tech stacks, have to fill out a form to go to the bathroom. Don't stay there too long.
>Is software dev a good career path?
Its ok. If you can learn to interview and network well you can make a lot of money ($185k guy here). Some of my coworkers make over $300k in individual contributor roles, but this is at a big famous company.

I like it because I genuinely enjoy the process of programming. Doesn't matter what I'm making, writing code and debugging is just fun. Unfortunately most dev jobs are in a corporate context, and corporate life is bullshit. Nonsensical feature requests, constant buck passing, clueless management, mandatory Kool-aid, etc. At the end of the day I need to make money. At least I get to spend most of my time programming.

Around ~60 K full-stack dev on a small company

paid internship making ~20k/summer

Are government contract jobs really bad? I just left my current job for it, but I was only making 38k and was overworked. I was an amateur SAL dev taking on way more than I could handle. Luckily I only have a week left of that.

I'm really only looking to stay at the new place for a year or two to get experience. My goal is to get a full time government job out of it

4 years of military experience, Secret clearance, Sec+ and Net+, and bretty good interview skills (willingness to lie)

You're the cunts who buys out grassroots solid companies to corporations. Fuck you

>Mathematics PhD
>300k starting

Did u go through tons of college courses

IT helpdesk -15/hr

>full stack embedded dev
>minimum wage no benefits
JUST

Attached: mpv-shot0024.jpg (1920x1080, 175K)

Software dev entry level at a big defense contractor.

Startup Fullstack Eng

Hardware Engineer.
19,8K eur.
Someone would think designing stuff for the energy industry would pay better.

Tell me your secret, user.
Now, seriously, what kind of hardware?

software development

3500 EUR/month (average wage here is ~1100) , so it's decent

Attached: 1523792576503.jpg (1200x675, 105K)

>PhD student
>49k CHF

Seconded. M&A people are outright bastards and should all be gassed.

No
$26k-$28k. I usually get 1-4 hours of overtime a week depending on the season.

Attached: 1523664514451.png (900x1200, 1.23M)

>Vice President, Mergers and Acquisitions

Are you able to say what state or the subcontractor you work for? I'm a sub for the government.

Seeing shit like that really makes me see how hard it is to be rich in countries outside the US

Roughly 4.5k usd full-stack web-shitter. Yes, annualy.

It's with the FAA. Won't say anything else. How do you like it? Did I fuck up?

so just a few certs and no degree?

dude it not easy to move, you need to have relative citizen in the said country, marry some bitch, or climb high in a company orignal from that country
also take a lot of money to set up a new life in that country now then find a new shitty job

central europe
devops/backend
1 year
44k €
i think im underpaid and currently looking for something new

What's your cost of living like?
From what I understand, central Europe is much less expensive than western Europe or non-rural US.

Local MSP, 40k/yr +6k untaxed reimbursement. I also get gas which is nice as fuck. This was just a stopgap job to quickly pay off a loan, but I might stay for a year or two more since it's comfy as hell and low-pressure.

devops

stupid sexy khajit.

Software dev in Indiana, $80k/yr

If it's anything like my shit welcome to hell.

DevOps / Cloud automation in Silicon Valley

went to a shitty college

sysadmin, project management, support, and light software dev

I'd rather have more vacation days than a higher salary at this point.

Security Consulting
60k € so ~75k $

That is the thing I like about the government IT life.

Lower wages, but also like 4 weeks off and not as high of a workload.

Welcome to free market capitalism. Don't like it? Try to change it, shut up, or gtfo.

ATC

$110k

Attached: 1459651536284.png (968x720, 884K)

Can you be more specific. What makes it hell? Is the work stress low?

Thats what i love in Germany: 20 vacation days per law and most companies up it to 30. Plus like 13 public holidays.

> less than 10k$
Lmao you are better off making android apps dude

1k as junior back end dev. Haven't finished university.

oops, correct that, it was 10k.

We literally have no mandatory paid vacation in the US because "muh job creators" and "free market"
Nevermind that in a world with more workers than jobs, it's just a race to the bottom.

>software dev
>50k
What the FUCK. Jow Forums promised me 100k, just starting! But you're only making 50k, and pajeets make 60k! SO TO COMPETE WITH PAJEETS I HAVE TO TAKE POVERTY WAGES. Fuck this degree I am going to drop out.

>$50k
>poverty wages
>pajeet making $60k

This has to be b8.

By U.S. law, companies who import people on work visas have to pay them at least 60k USD

>$50k
>not poverty wages
k

I was originally making 38k with a CS degree. It's pretty tough getting a high paying job. Idk how others do it right out of school. There was another kid I graduated with who had almost the same resume as me. He ended up getting a job that 68k starting.

Idk what I did to fuck up but it sucks when you got bills to pay.

Attached: 29540971_458329111261284_3803866076180344912_n.jpg (500x423, 25K)

It's actually $20k over the median individual wage, and quite comfortable as long as you're not in some place like San Francisco.

I was assuming he meant outsourced pajeet, not H1Bs imported into high paying areas like California or Seattle where their native counterparts would make twice as much.

What's the software called?

>Idk how others do it right out of school
Networking. Also, where did you go to school and what area do you live in?
$38k would suck to live on in California, but would be quite comfortable in some place like central PA.

Is your tool inhouse developed or is it available for commercial licensing?

>shill on Jow Forums
>$0

Attached: 1500655459062.jpg (471x480, 22K)

I'm a Computer Engineer.

We mostly work with FPGAs and CPLDs. At times we will build emulators for mockup systems.
Sometimes we design PCBs, and hand solder or reflow components onto the boards.
And if some production device fails, we debug the hardware and software.

78K after taxes is pretty good though for some of the headaches I get.

2 years as a devops engineer, making 82k.

How the fucking are you only making 50k as a software developer fucking lmao

Everything is really slow. I've spent weeks with not a single task being given to my whole team.

NJ. That job specifically was in North Jersey where property tax is insane. Had to live in a shady ass apartment.

Data engineer
80k + 20% in bonuses

>Backend engineer
>28K EUR / $35K

>front-end
>30K€ is western europe
>will probably get paid more once I become valuable as a JS dev

I hate not being busy. As long as they don't mind you doing other stuff with the downtime I don't really care. My last job was so stressful I need something not as intense.

>software dev
>85k
Good money in this cheap city

Wherr you live

USA
It's pretty much a third world country

>50k
>poverty wage
Is cost of living really so high in america?

Some places have high property tax. I live in a one bedroom with my gf and make 50k. We both have at least $1000 disposable income after rent and other monthly expenses.

Depends on the CoL where you live. In some areas, sure, in others that's doing well.

Full Stack developer at startup 43k a year

Currently looking for another job that is less "we will be rich when our product changes the world!"

That's like asking if the cost of living is high in "Europe".
There's everything ranging from NYC apartments (think downtown London price) to backwoods Mississippi (like rural Slovakia).

IMO the we should take a page out of Fallout's lore and break into 13 commonwealths, with the federal government only for Military/Foreign purposes.

The 'ol startup meme.

At least you're employed while looking for your next job, it seems to make it 50x easier.

Hello EPFL nigga

$50k isn't considered poverty wage in anywhere but the most expensive US cities.