Outdated tec

Post em

Attached: Vox-amPhone-AC30-5.jpg (1024x898, 81K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ilCmywMin8I
theverge.com/2018/4/16/17233946/olpcs-100-laptop-education-where-is-it-now
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

OP

Can i post iphones? Coz all iphones lag 2-3 years in terms of innovations from the rest of the market

You sure can.
And with their elimination of the headphone jack, Apple plunged themselves not 2-3 years behind in innovations, but all the way to pre-1950's.

6.5mm jack is still standard for musicians and producers.

Literally neither of those are outdated

They'll probably take the cameras away next.

And regular Bluetooth, replacing it with their own proprietary contraption they can sell more licenses for.

Wi-fi, too.

You should start, OP.

Attached: 1523228518975.jpg (879x930, 51K)

Seriously.
>Remove something that is compatible with almost 99% of the devices out there

I'm actually impressed with Apple being ballsy enough to take risks like that, even if I don't like the resulting products. You've got to hand it to them for at least having vision for what they'd like their products to be rather than blindly following market trends.
It's a shame that USB-C has turned out to be a piece of fragmented shit standards-wise, otherwise their MacBook ports move would have been fantastic.

>ourdated
The best earphones/headphones have jack

Dont give em ideas now fellas. I can seriously see them do it all.

Stupidity ≠ Bravery

>Blindly following market trends
How is ensuring your device is compatible with other things blindly following a market trend? If anything this is incredibly anti consumer as it now forces people into buying their proprietary shit.

Good, I hate that annoying camera bump anyway.

Basically feature watch will be obsolete once smartwatch gets cheaper and more reliable

Attached: dc67afc7f58a7b3484c9884b93e4f1bf.jpg (1280x848, 175K)

EBIN /B/RO XD

No fucking shit.
But we don't get cool shit by doing the same thing day-in-day-out.

>Compatibility
The bluetooth standard is literally older than the smart phone.
No one is forcing you to buy this shit. If you want to go legacy for whatever reason then do that, just don't be a faggot about it when others choose to move on.

If they were truly ballsy they would have dropped the lightning connector on the iphone X and went 100% USB-C i/o on every laptop and smartphone they make. I hope they do it next generation, but realistically it's going to be another generation after that. Like it or not that's what's really going to push usb-c into every product and finally kill micro-usb.

You know what the cool shit is? Simple, cheap and just work. USB-C or any fucking proprietary port as analog audio output is nothing but add more complexity, more cost with no benefit.

This. 1/4" TS, TRS and RCA are still really fucking common. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I'm so down for that.
I'm sick of asking friends if I can borrow a charger and getting an "oh sorry user I have an iPhone".

BUT, as I mentioned earlier, USB-C is a clusterfuck at the present time.
>Various fast-charging schemes
>Cables that don't support some charging schemes
>Cables that transmit data
>Cables that only transmit power
>Same ports that support different protocol sets
Trash.

I dunno, I don't need all of those smart features in my watch. Give me 2 hands, 12 numbers and maybe a text strip to tell me who my most recent text/email is from and I'd be happy.

I wish

Analogue audio can go die
Miss me with that lossy shit

> >Same ports that support different protocol sets
This will slow it down or kill. Or that feature would just die off. Many people today don't even make the difference between miniDP and Thunderbolt when they talk about Apple tech.

Because they will.

usb-c is what happens when you give engineers 24 pins to play with without a ton of oversight

Attached: Figure-2-USB-Type-C-pins.jpg (600x346, 132K)

Did you upgrade your ears to digital yet?

I have this jack on my computer.....

>>Cables that transmit data
>>Cables that only transmit power
Holy shit, that explains why my charging cable doesn't work for mtp and tethering.
Where can I read more about this?

There was a Google (or similar) employee who got fed up with this shit and tested like 30 or so cables from Amazon, should be able to find articles about it easily enough

Go save a screenshot in both PNG and JPEG, then come back to me after comparing them with your analogue eyes.

Seem your brain still in analogue, you should upgrade soon.

I'd trust you to suggest neurons be changed to digital, user. It seems you only have 2.

You know your headphone couldn't do shit without DAC, do you?

Ok you start OP

Nothing will ever replace the good old mechanical timepiece.

>mechanical watch

But it is being replaced by quartz analog/digital watch. People may pretend that stuff like rolex or patek are still around, they are nothing more than enthusiasts' plaything and all the practical timekeeping have since moved on

Kinda similar to homebrew 8 bit computing and vinyl recording.

>Saying this to a guy with a penchant for lossless audio
Fucking Jow Forums, I swear...

On my desk right now is a USB DAC.
It then connects to my monitor pair via balanced 1/4" to XLR.
If I were to swap in some unbalanced cables, such as the 3.5mm cables found in wired headphones, there would be a significant and noticeable increase in noise.

Dude you really need to understand the difference between lossy and lossless formats and transmission media. It's the difference between 64kb MP3 and FLAC.

>google file name
Yeah that product is literally built to plug straight into a guitar. There arn't many guitars out there with bluetooth or 3.5mm jacks

bravery is not an excuse for stupidity

That was already said here

I think OP meant having to screw it in, which is completely unnecessary IMO

im being more specific than that

Attached: female.jpg (700x874, 50K)

Sorry, MALE connectors only.

Bitch..

My audio technica phone has that shit including the little adapter you screw into. I fucking love it.

>Implying that's not a programmer (male).

It's a female(male) connector.

You are a WHITE MALE.

youtube.com/watch?v=ilCmywMin8I

yes, yes >>>pol

joke's on you, your monitor is for video not audio

Please tell my how the A series processors and FaceID are lagging behind.

"You know your headphone couldn't do shit without DAC, do you?"
> before DAC's, headphones were purchased purely for decoration

Attached: wheres the dac.jpg (1233x1217, 580K)

Haxor

>Needing balanced connection for 1.5m of audio cable
Not everyone live inside a nuclear reactor user

So you're going to listen to your MP3s and FLACs without a DAC. Sounds good man. Let me know how that goes.

I don't know which one of you started to act retarded, but both of you know what's about: audio is only heard analogue, but sometimes it's stored digitally (CD or files) and needs a DAC, and sometime its stored analogously and only needs an amp or a tuner (vinyl, tape).
Digital storage is only lossy during ADC capture, mastering, lossy transcoding and stay still over the time, while analog storage usually loose quality over time and multiple reads.

My MP3s and FLACs are stored on spinning platters that are accessed via read/write head on the end of an actuator arm, an analog process that is perfectly analogous to vinyl. Checkmate digitalfag.

this was me
The rest was two other people arguing.

That's cool, but the whole conversation was about someone wanting digital only process.
>Analouge audio can go die

>tower computer

Outdated as fuck.

Attached: Desktop-Computer.jpg (1134x992, 460K)

Watches are jewelry not tech.

Apple would never remove the camera from their phones. The vast majority of their consumers would kill themselves if they couldn't take a "selfie" every 6 seconds.
These are still useful for GNU/Linux on shitty laptops with unsupported NICs. Easier than replacing the hardware.

>[Return] [Catalog] [Top] 65 / 6 / 43 / 3 [Upd
what the fuck are you on about, that wont work at all

How and what has replaced it?

Linux.

Monolithic kernel design was outdated before the first lines of Linux were even written.

yes I know the one pictured is a joke, but the USB ones are useful.

Dude you need to understand that analog audio output is not the same as analog audio system. Fucking lossless digital audio still converted to analog before your speakers.

talking about shitty tec, whats the name of this cable, I need a replace, and all I can find is the Y splitter with one male 3.5mm

Forgot pic

Attached: halp.jpg (747x1328, 287K)

Buy 2 extension cable and put it together or pic related.

Attached: extension.jpg (600x555, 48K)

Running signal cables alongside multiple power cables in a confined space is enough to cause issues.

Wrong.
All digital signals are transmitted as analogue signals, but a funny little thing called "being fucking digital" means that they can recovered as with zero data loss.

Hence the balanced cables to minimise transmission loss. Are you retarded or what?

>Are you retarded or what?
I hope you are not this guy then

spoon feed me. and give me the amazon link

The use of analogue literally cannot be removed from the equation due to the nature of sound propagation, but it sure as hell can minimised to ensure that there is as small a difference as possible between the source data and the audio you hear.

Still use USB for analog signal is worse than TRS/TRRS. Not argue about the sound quality though.

Go away, Tanenbaum.

>USB
>Analogue
Pick one

the absolute state of audiophools

Attached: laughing_cheetos.jpg (500x400, 62K)

>Trying this hard

He's right and it's not even an audiophile thing, it's just a standard in the audio world. In concert you only see balanced connection from the mic/instruments to the consoles, and instruments who can't output balanced use pic related.
I'm in a band and far from being audiophile.

Attached: boite-de-direct-stereo-samson-s-direct.jpg (900x962, 35K)

Basically. My recording headphones either had 1/4" or had the exact same screw-type adapter (i.e. My old pair of Sony MDR-7504's I recorded with in the 90's). My current Audio Technica ATH-M40fs have 1/4".

In those environments balanced cables make sense, for home audio setups they are useless snake oil.

Audiophools go as far as using balanced cables for fucking headphones, where it could potentially do more harm than good.

>Mfw bought such a connector literally a month ago

Attached: cover.jpg (1400x1400, 926K)

A pointy stick is technology is it can help you do more than with your bare hand

I believe balanced cables are only used in pro-audio stuff because there are often long cable runs between mics and amplifiers or mixing boards and the amp and speaker or other audio equipment. These are long enough that common mode noise can be pick up in unbalanced cables. In a home environment you don't typically have cable runs longer than a few feet which doesn't really present a noise pickup issue not to mention there aren't many high power noise sources in a home environment anyway, at least none that would pollute the audio spectrum aside from 50/60Hz mains pickup which can be easily dealt with with a notch filter if it's even a problem at all.

theverge.com/2018/4/16/17233946/olpcs-100-laptop-education-where-is-it-now

Attached: 1200px-XO-Beta1-mikemcgregor-2.jpg (1200x1107, 106K)

No clue why non-Apple companies works want to remove this. It's great and has worked for years.

haha there's no way that's gonna work because ethernet doesn't understand wifis

Thank you. The yard pit was getting out of control.

USB C does both

>remove N°2 spying device.
Nope. Not in a million years

What's number 1? Microphone?
The camera is not a really valuable spying device. Actually you could argue that the metadata from GPS and accelerometer are far more valuable.

>Andy's still this mad
>He'll still fail you for anything not microkernel
>being this butthurt nearly 30 years later

Hey Andy, what ever happened to those 200 MIPS, 64M SPARCstation-5's running free GNU everyone was supposed to be using by '97???

Attached: 1522819967892.jpg (451x451, 18K)

user was clearly referring to an audio monitor, not a video monitor, you retard

Attached: monitor-audio_monitor-100_iso_walnut_pair_1gr.jpg (800x600, 241K)

I managed to kill monitor buzz with replacing unbalanced with balanced. Dunno if it was the cable or getting rid of rca-trs-converter, but there was an audible difference depending on the position of cables. They were ten yuros apice so i wouldnt call that a steal.

Same here, I am a sound engineer and all of my headphones have this screw-type adapter.
And needless to say, most of my cables are 1/4, the only ones that aren’t are XLR cables