Why is Congress so tech illiterate?

Surely they had tech consultants?

Attached: the-best-part-of-mark-zuckerberg-appearing-in-front-of-congress-was-the-memes.jpg (1200x630, 70K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Office_of_Technology_Assessment
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

you're giving boomers and our gov't far too much credit. Hillary was sending out her interns to track down decades-old blackberrys because she refused to get an up-to-date phone. She consistently told her IT/ security teams to go fuck themselves. I'm betting this behavior is the norm, desu. Our nuclear systems still run with floppy disks, too. America is becoming a third-world shithole as we refuse to make any improvements.

Attached: 1522115387056.gif (205x234, 96K)

Well at least russia and china are just as bad.

So, you're saying we need fresh tech literate blood in positions of power for civilization to make advancements?

China? How?

yes, thankfully I think this is more of a human problems/ continent-sized gov't problem.

no we just need people who aren't staggeringly incompetent and preventing what amounts to a pretty objective measure of progress. Their actions are big threats to security. Just take the suggestion of your IT guy like holy crap what a low bar to set.

My favorite being:
>We need to ban encryption!
I mean, how?

Yes, Jucc for 2020

It seems I need to get more woke on the politics of China.

Attached: worried-md.jpg (386x529, 69K)

Fucking boomers. They just need to die.

That doesn't sound too bad to me desu. Science decisions should be made by scientists, tech by tech people, business by business people, etccc

We've got a couple more decades, or even more if they find a way to combat senescence, which I hope they don't until the boomers go.

A technocratic governance? Sounds based, yujin-san.

>wanting new tech
They know that new tech has CIA/NSA backdoor and exploits you faggot. If the NSA and CIA has them China and Russia can get em.

Kys

Not everyone works for the government, buddy.
>Who is Stallman?

yeah and the old tech was grade A 100% solid and it's not like they've had decades to develop measures against it

Kys

>Our nuclear systems still run with floppy disks, too.

This is a good thing though. The tech is now so antiquated that there is only a handful of people with the knowledge to exploit it. It's like how in WW2 we used Indians to encode our messages in their language.

what about Hillary, the post

>Just take the suggestion of your IT guy like holy crap what a low bar to set.

The IT guy for the DNC was a diversity hire paki spy selling state secrets and blackmailing congressmen. It's actually a good thing they did not listen to him more.

If these people were tech savvy for their generation, they wouldn't be elected officials, they'd on the other side of the aisle.

The absolute state of the governmental systems.
Yet, they wonder why corporations now have more power then them? Lmao.

>inb4 anarchism

they're not you fucking idiot. you know people are stupid when even the NYT keeps memeing about the congress being 'out of touch'
they wanted Zuck to incriminate Facebook and that's exactly what he did.

>what's your business model if your service is free?
>ads
>*millennial laughs*
that means Facebook isn't a service but rather selling ads and thus is liable to everything that definition entails.

>do you have the ability to spread false information with my data attached to it?
>yes, since your info is in our database
>"OH. MY. GOD. THEY DON'T KNOW HOW THE INTERNET WORKS"
that means Facebook has too much info and isn't regulated by any law, unlike other services.

that pasty fuck opened the floodgates of censorship.

>Trying to apply Victorian laws to a modern infrastructure makes them smart, because reasons.
Lol, that's exactly what makes them out of touch.
Try again:
>you fucking idiot

Attached: kimbo_sliced.jpg (319x375, 29K)

was just an example that came to mind, chill out shareblue. I know nothing about the habits of other politicians because I'd have no reason to, unlike Clinton. My comments also didn't single Hillary out, but used her as an approximate image of the entire environment. So it's not even a whataboutism. So eat shit.

yeah that was one dude. Not to mention if there were more competent people around it would have been easy to see what he was doing. Plus there's a lot of shady shit in that case that might distort the justification of your deduction.

I think you might be overestimating how arcane and incomprehensible it is. It's outdated tech, not tech that was developed in isolation from others for 1000 years.

truth

Boomers made the internet you faggot.

>Trying to apply Victorian laws to a modern infrastructure makes them smart, because reasons.

not because "reasons", because that's how regulations work.

good luck arguing
>b-but memes...
>b-but you're out of touch...
when they come for you thank to Zuck's massive fuckup.

>Because that's how regulations work.
Ah yes, because regulation should never change based on society, or technology, it is perfectly monolithic and empirical.
>Pic is you.

Attached: 26814771_746941115500164_594817626080395939_n.png (370x472, 261K)

literal boomers, yes. Boomers is being used colloquially here, faggot.

Attached: 1509959040931.jpg (624x352, 23K)

I'm not arguing what /should/ happen or even what's just.
I'm just telling you /what/ is going to happen.

the congress is far from out of touch. they knew exactly what they were doing and Zuckerberg took the bait.
they have enough to shut Facebook down. but of course they're gonna hold it against the company for leverage.

>Perspective.
Also, if they set a legal precedent, it will affect the future, also known as what /should/ happen.
So, do you get why I'm arguing it, yes?

>if they set a legal precedent, it will affect the future
which exactly what they've been wanting to do forever now

How not?

Which is exactly what we don't want them doing with their Victorian laws, friend.

what you want is fucking irrelevant, that's not even the point.

Why isn't it? I thought we were talking about MUH PRAGMATIC approach, well guess what, the reality of the situation also includes the future.

Attached: picard_clap.gif (317x238, 1.93M)

That's what these hearings are for idiot. For professionals to come in and explain what's happening and the idiots to ask the professionals stupid questions, because they are illiterate on the subject. So then afterwards they can make laws and be slightly more educated on the subject, rather than just knee-jerk making laws based off what the media tells them.

no, we're talking about how stupid people are from thinking the congress is 'out of touch' and completely missing the point that they wanted to incriminate Facebook, and that's exactly what Zuck did.

what happens now is out of our hands. the congress /is/ pragmatic and they /are/ going to fuck things up, like it or not.
if you want to discuss the validity of their decisions, feel free to. but I don't like wasting my time.

Why do twerps think that knowing how to use the internet and tapping their phone screen constitutes tech literacy? Most people calling congress illiterate are themselves consumerist tech illiterates, just of a different generation. "What's a computer?".

They are out of touch, in regards to the future.
Just because they're politicing around Victorian laws in the contemporary area for political leverage doesn't make them tech savvy, friend, it just makes them Machiavellian.

*contemporary era

and, again, that's wholly irrelevant and not my point at all.
go protest and see if they care to hear what you have to say.

>Still not getting it.
Enjoy your Orwellian Big Brother.

>surprised by tech illiteracy in government
>browses Jow Forums

Attached: 1516310059350.gif (450x338, 602K)

Meaning what? "People I don't like" ?

Not surprised, depressed.

Why do you think they are doing it?
Is it on purpose?
If so why?
What do they gain by being idiots in every matter they talk about?

they are old as fuck that's why

As someone has already pointed out, they can use it to pry incriminating assertions out of Zuckerberg.

Why haven't they?

What makes you think they didn't?

I watched the sad excuse for an interview.

So you know how to repair a bike hole wheel?
It's very easy.

* 5.5" floppy disks btw not 3.5"

Old men, running the world.

Attached: BobPage.png (515x510, 296K)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Rha6Wamfp0

This is their idea of plausible deniability upon destruction of subpoenaed evidence.

>* 5.25" floppy disks btw not 3.5"
Fixed.
Kids these days...

Politics (Republicans).
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Office_of_Technology_Assessment

The US is a third-world shithole.

China basically keeps using anything until it kills someone.

pls mr facebook gib fiber

>that subhuman almost made it into the presidency
dodged a fucking bullet there senpaitachi

Because they are too stupid to learn real science, they learnt law and shit.

Zucc knows them better than they do, he is basically omnipotent compared to those retards.

>Our nuclear systems still run with floppy disks
If it works, don't fix it

>Surely they had tech consultants?
i wouldnt be surprised if there was some sort of regulation or unspoken rule that would prevent this, in order to make sure that the representatives arent influenced on topics they know nothing about by the experts who use this ignorance to their advantage

actually blackberries are the only phones approved by the whitehouse security. I remember for the longest time when trump first got elected the secret service told him he couldn't have his favorite android phone in certain parts of the white house.

And look how shitty it is.