Have you ever got in a fight with an electronics store employee?

Have you ever got in a fight with an electronics store employee?

Attached: happybby.jpg (300x339, 45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=P8E-lC6kYYc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I had am extension cable, so I won.
Incidentally, I'm barred from Maplin.

Attached: shrug.jpg (384x313, 82K)

no, but I did have one follow me around the store because I'm pretty sure they were thinking I was trying to shoplift. The weird thing is that I'm not even black.

Of what classist nature is your usual attire?

jeans, hoodie, I keep it pretty casual

That's why, she probably thought you some wigger hood.

>The weird thing is that I'm not even black.
>jeans, hoodie
So you are "american" white?

No. I'm white so I can behave civilized among people.

"Do you make commission from this sale?"
>yes
"Ah, then I'll just order online instead."

Employees seem to hate that one. Idk why.

Why would I have? Like, over what?

I was trying to buy a cheap temporary monitor replacement, and the fucker kept trying to make me buy the $286 one.

What kind of question is this?
If you don't want them to bother you, literally just say "I'm good, thanks".

If you somehow instigate a fight with a fucking electronics salesperson you probably shouldn't be allowed to go in public.

Sir, NO I WILL NOT BUY THIS *tips*

Did you buy it?

I was trying to find something in Best Buy for my build, and the salesman tried turning the conversation into some autistic contest about who knows more about computers.

I just buy online now.

Nah, I deliberately purchased the cheapest, $120, one instead. Pulled out a roll of $500 to pay for it as well, the look on his face was priceless. Felt good.

> barred from Maplin.
Wait didn't Maplin go under ?. Not surprising really given the way they fuck over customers these days.
Seriously £20 (about $35) for a 10m RJ11 cable. Good fucking riddance.

Do you have a big dick?

Love

Attached: 1523805866528.jpg (640x853, 63K)

It's high average, I think.

nice double repeating numerals my amigo
I have a small bepis, care to put yours into my bum?

This. Leave your autism at home.

This was years ago, I was helping my brother pick a laptop out at Best Buy.
A sales associate came over as we approached the laptop section, asking my brother what kind of laptop he was looking for. I can't really remember what my brother said, but the sales associate pointed at one model and said "This one has a dual core, so it's twice as fast."
I immediately lost my shit. I started angrily telling him that additional cores only help with certain tasks, and even highly parallelized ones don't reach N*performance because of overhead. He started nervously stammering, at which point I told him to leave us alone since he had no clue what he was talking about.

idk if this counts but i once applied at radioshack before they closed down and was interviewed by the manager and the regional manager.
the regional manager looked like pitbull: shaved head and stupid facial hair.
he made me roleplay selling bulk batteries with the hypothetical condition that i made 100 percent of the sale plus commission.
so of course im spewing bullshit about how the battery is a better deal per unit at bulk and how we need them for things like smoke detectors blah blah blah.
he looked at me angry and said "no, you are supposed to tell the customer you will pay for the bulk batteries out of pocket since you will still make a profit and they wont turn it down. thats the type of salesmen we want."
it felt nice when i saw the store get replaced with sprint

Naw, I was an electronic store employee. Computer section of Best Buy.

The fights I got into were the non techs, the people who think they knew stuff and got mad when I schooled them.

The actual techs I has some lovely conversations with though. Like the ones buying a laptop and just wiping out the Windows install for Ubuntu for example. Course the store hates that since they can't sell "Geek Squad" services to them but hey, Best Buy is not commission so no skin off my immediate nose.

I have a best buy story. When the MacBook Air first came out, I went in to check it out. I asked the employee "how much is this PC?" and wow, did he get offended. He raised his voice and stated quite angrily "it is not a PC.!". I asked him if I am forced to share it. He said no. I asked if it is personal, he said yes. I then asked if it is a computer. He said yes. So I summed up has asking if it is a personal computer, especially in light of the previous questions. He said yes. So I then asked once more "how much is this PC?". I then got the price.

I dunno, that sounds a little homosexual and I'm straight, sorry, friend.

Jesus fuck the macfags were the worst when I worked at Best Buy computer section.

"I'd easily pay double of my macbook because of how great Apple is"

I once was looking for a short USB cable for a 2.5" HDD enclosure I had, because long cables cause the signal to drop, and this stupid fat retard was insisting that it didn't matter
>I bought this one at walmart, it was 4 ft. and didn't work
>that's it user, you bought it at walmart. It must be the cable
>I already tried with a short one and it worked, also from walmart
>b-but length doesn't matter, see, I use this with my own drive and it werks.jpg
>I'm just looking for a short one, long ones don't work with my enclosures, we can try if you want I brought the drive with me
>Fatty refuses to test their cables, at this moment he's more focused on proving me wrong about the length than on selling me a cable
>It must be your enclosure then
>Probably, but I just need a short one
>We don't sell those
Fucking idiot

Why can't he tell you right away that he didn't have the short cable? What a tard.

I needed an active digital to analog video converter and the fucking boomer couldn't get through his thick skull that it's actually possible for such a thing to exist. I had to call in somebody else.

Well the problem is Best Buy is really shitty when it comes to "individual parts". That's why if you want special parts just go to Frys or bite the bullet and go online.

Best Buy does sell individual parts plethora but online only in which point just do newegg/amazon.

Our Best Buy phased out such a connection like....5 years ago. We still get people asking for it though.

i used to work for a popular local computer/electronics chain in my province and the worst i ever got was some indian guy yelling at my manager.

>indian couple comes into the store
>husband starts asking me a million questions about a bunch of things
>indians like to go to physical stores and ask a shitload of questions about various products to make sure they are getting the most out of the money they barely want to spend and they all end up going home and buying online anyways so idgaf
>while im explaining stuff the lady takes out a bag of chips
>"sorry but no food or drink in the store"
>she ignores me and opens the bag and starts eating chips
>"maam you are going to have to eat outside the store"
>roastie tells me "dont worry"
>continues eating
>husband continues asking questions
>"sorry but i cant help you anymore"
>walk away
>husband starts yelling "hey i am customer give me service!"
>i told him to bother someone else

didnt get into trouble though, manager told me next time just tell them that i need to do something quick and that ill be right back and then walk to some other part of the store cause 9 out of 10 times some other customer will flag me down for help anyways.

>hold an EE degree
>some 18 y/o IT twink as best buy thinks he's gonna tell me about processors

it's frustrating but i usually just nod and smile unless something they say is blatantly wrong

Oh white trash

...why are you in Best Buy then? Just buy your shit online.

See that's where you're wrong user. It isn't called a boipucci for nothing.

>tfw work in retail and make commision from sales
>usually point out cheaper models first to gain trust then steer to conversation into the better feature set of higher end models

Attached: 1514152658064.jpg (500x567, 51K)

What do guys wear for casual wear where you are?
Jeans + hoodie is quite comfy and not awful looking like wearing sweats in public.

I worked electronics at Walmart and argued with a guy who pointed out a tablet was supposed to have 16gb of memory but Android only said 15.Xgb available. I tried telling him the OS took up some of the hdd space and he said it was bad marketing. We went on for like 10 min...

I managed to survive 3 months as a service tech at microcenter before quitting. Holy shit, indians and blacks should not be allowed to own computers.

I like to pop in whenever I'm in a mall with my wife, look at the mechanical keyboards and such. Sometimes they sell nice stuff for really cheap. Got a full desk mat for $13.

A shirt, beige chinos and boat shoes.
Isn't that what all middle to upper class white people wear as casual?

Not in the slightest.
That's like the "middle class kid attending 4 year university" uniform.

People quickly realize that nobody is going to pay any attention to how you're dressed unless you're in a professional or cultural setting (i.e. party/club/play). No point in putting strapping on your affluenza outfit to just go to the grocery store or best buy.

Well aren't you full of yourself.

Full of myself? No. I just literally studied CPU architecture as my degree focus. So when some autist at best buy dying to get commissions is trying to wow me with clock speeds, it doesn't do me much.

Paterson?

depends if you're a faggot or not. Or if you're thin and attractive. Thin and attractive people can make dirty rags look stylish. But that's beside the point.
It's either full-blown suit, or jeans/sneakers/tshirt and an expensive leather jacket to offset the poverty. And that's if you're putting on airs. Otherwise wear whatever who gives a shit only poor people trying to act rich care.

>browse Jow Forums for 10 years
>hold masters degree in Jow Forums shitposting
>some current year-8 IT twink manlet at a min wage cuck job thinks HE'S gonna tell me about a consumer grade product
>pssshh, HAH
how DARE a pleb try to tell ME, an experienced top of class poster, how shit works?? pff. Ridiculous.

Nah, Madison Heights MI

>Shopping at Best Buy.
>Middle class
Wat

Mhm, that's true.

Best Buy treats their employees like trash. They don't make commission at all but enforce a quota every month. All the pressure of a commission based job with none of the financial benefits.

It's 5" so it's average. Most girls will be pleased.

Where do you think non tech middle/upper class people buy computers? Walmart?

No, because I realize that they need to cater to normie consumers that don't know anything about tech. I am not arrogant or stuck-up, I understand they have job to do. I just sort of nod and go no thanks, I don't need help but if I want to buy it ill come get you.

It's called being a mature adult, you should try it out.

The Internet?

> Thin
> attractive
Skinnyfats aren't attractive.

>he doesn't know about the exclusive antarctic techno-mart

Attached: 1522039586805.jpg (959x720, 210K)

what the hell is skinny fat? I've heard the term being thrown around, but always in conjunction with phrases like "I like taking big black ten-inch dicks in my asshole" or "I love the taste of my wife's boyfriend's cum, she buys him pineapple so it taste's sweeter."
Also please explain how you arrive at skinnyfat from thin and attractive

Attached: 1523463367502.png (800x734, 457K)

>acting like $500 in cash is a lot of money

whew.

Best Buy isn't commission. However they will get terminated if they don't make sales.

So their "commission" is to just keep their job.

As cash I casually carry around, friend.

No, most normies would have no idea where or what to buy online.

You're right, it's called the Apple store.

it wasn't like I was rocking a confederate flag hoodie with cut off sleeves, practically sun bleached jean caked with mud/paint, and mullet.

shit dude, im in rochester mi, i go to your store occasionally but jesus christ do i feel like trash when i do despite it being a mocrocenter.

Sad.

Look at Zuckerberg. The guy rocks a hoodie sweater most of the time yet everyone knows he's loaded.

Rich people don't give a fuck about how their dressed.

Yeah a place sold my little brother an FX 6100 and GT 630m with 8gb ram for $890 and it had pirated Windows. Whole thing was worth $600 at most new. I argued with some dumb girl at the counter who kept trying to tell me they sold us a really good "6 CPU" and that we mustn't be connecting it up right. Finally I got to talking to some old fart and I told him I want it refunded or they can offer something more deserving of the price. He went on to tell me how hes a professional in the industry and had built professional high powered machines for banks and high profile people. At that point I knew this old fart was full of shit but he kept bragging on about how he used to get flown around in helis to fix peoples computers all over the world. I whipped my phone out and said i had been recording and ill get them shut down when I take it to the news then the old guy started threatening me telling me he works for the rothschilds and that his father and grandfather were freemasons and he will make me disappear then be tried doing some really bad autistic kung fu shit and flipping his hands around like a helicopter and shit while telling me he knows 13 different martial arts. One hit I punched him out cold and left. Later on that night police came to my door and questioned me with a welfare worker and they told me that guys on disability and works there temporarily and that the store had agreed to refund the PC.

The guy was a complete asspie

>No, most normies would have no idea where or what to buy online
Oh they know, it's just "get the cheapest shit"

Last time I went to a best buy, I needed a ssd like immediately. After asking a dude there if they had any 850 pros, they didn't and had nine in the back.
Had to settle with an 850 Evo. But the guy asked me why I wanted a pro over the Evo.
I just shrugged and said it was more pro-ier

what's your demeanor like? Are you clean-shaven? Is your haircut typical? Do you stand up straight? Do you look people in the eyes? How baggy is the hoodie? Are the jeans more towards the designer end of the spectrum or are they blue laborer dungarees?

Attached: tumblr_nvs1arAnun1s71q1zo1_1280.png (1000x1155, 1.09M)

Skinnyfat refers to someone who is thin, but has no muscular definition or is not fit.

True.
Dated a girl who's dad was some sort of engineering patent lawyer, the guy was clearing $300k/yr easily. That's just upper middle class though. She was friends with a family who is worth many millions, as they own an estate/investment management company.

We went over to their house. Two Escalades and a Bentley in the driveway, large old house in the most expensive part of town. The dad comes out to greet us wearing cut off jeans, a t-shirt with the sleeves cut off, and a gigantic margarita in a massive chalice. I'm sure he wore a full suit when doing his business dealings, but the man obviously didn't give a single fuck in his off time.

I've met Mark Cuban multiple times (from the same neighborhood as all these people), and he's usually wearing jeans with a shirt.

The people who get caught up in what you're wearing at best buy are usually middle class, desperately trying to project themselves as upper-crust.

uh, so skinny? I don't understand the reason for this new coinage.
Not like it matters. Thin is thin for the most part with regards to how clothes fit/look on you.

I've been told that I look kind of intimidating sometimes, but I'm usually clean shaven, hair on the shorter side. And I do stand up straight and look people in the eyes. Hoodie's not too baggy, just a bit. Jeans were just typical levi's, not skinny and not baggy.

Think of it like this:

Skinny = low weight, low bf %, low muscle mass
Skinny Fat = average weight, higher bf %, low muscle mass
Fit = average weight, low bf %, higher muscle mass
Fat = high weight, high bf %, low-med muscle mass
Built = high weight, medium bf %, high muscle mass

have you considered writing books for autistic toddlers titled "shit that didn't happen?"

fuck off nigger

>electronics store
The first rule of Jow Forums is don't talk to electronics store employees
the second rule of Jow Forums is DONT TALK TO ELECTRONICS STORE EMPLOYEES
The third rule of Jow Forums is don't buy anything from an electronics store that has been returned

Yeah, once. It was caught on security camera footage and became a big incident in my small town. I still get embarrassed thinking about it.

youtube.com/watch?v=P8E-lC6kYYc

Fight? Like a fist fight? No never. I'd never stoop to that level. But a verbal argument? Plenty of times. I only really shop at Microcenter as for electronic local shops because I refuse to deal with Best Buy or others like it
>Go to Microcenter before the GPU price hike
>Want to buy 1080Ti FTW3 ($780 at the time)
>Newegg had the same thing for $50 less
>Ask for price match, get dirty look from manager
>Walks away, doesn't come back
>I ask another employee who then goes and gets the same manager, who then walks away AGAIN after not giving an answer, and doesn't come back
>been 20 minutes by now
>Go up front with card in hand and poor BYO employee in tow
>Dickhead manager talking to other manager, (was the district manager apparently, I didn't know this)
>Ask why he keeps ducking me and is he going to do his job, or will I have to call corporate
>Gives me this long run around as to why he won't price match, basically saying that since I would have to pay for shipping from Newegg, the price would be the same (as if shipping costs $50) and I would have to wait for a week anyway
>point out it's free shipping and I don't NEED it RIGHT NOW, so he's losing a sale
>Other non dickhead manager is looking at dickhead like "wtf are you doing"
>Non dickhead manager takes the card from me, signs a small post it note with his signature giving his go ahead for the price match
>Dickhead manager tries to put his sticker on the GPU box to get credit for the sale
>They walk away, I rip sticker off of box and ask for one from the BYO worker because he fucking got it for me to begin with
>Dickhead manager saw me do it and looked super pissed

Fuck you David. I don't give a flying fuck what kind of suit you wear. There's a reason you work in a retail shop and I spend almost a grand on a gaymer card you fucking faggot. Just do what you're told.

Attached: 1520196466782.png (1600x1800, 1.28M)

Once I killed a Wallmart employee

Trying too hard.
Everyone in my fraternity wears a frocket T with a design on the back (greek related, vineyard vines, or something similar), athletic shorts or khaki chinos, and running shoes. Boat shoes are worn to the bars and semi-formal events.
If it's chilly most guys will just throw on one of our fraternity sweatshirts or hoodies. We do have some preppy guys in the house, but far less than the others.
The guys who stick to the "my daddy will sue you" attire every day are usually only in one or two of the other frats here (not gonna name them because each chapter of a fraternity is gonna be different than the rest, except for Pike).

I make about 100k and I usually just wear slacks or khakis with an untucked button-down. Shrug.

I also don't go to electronics stores because either I can get what I need cheaper online, or they don't have the components I need in a store.

The point is you don't let society dictate how you dress if you've made it since you don't have to cater to society. If you want to wear slacks/khakis so be it.

Are they happy because Best Buys won't exist in 5 years?

I almost did when i was buying my TV few years back.
So its me and few strangers there looking at things.
Picked my model,called the guy and told him to get me one in a box and not the one on display.
"let me check",so he went downstairs in the store and comes back few seconds later.
"Oh its the last one man".
He starts getting it down really clumsy and puts it in a rekt box for 15 fucking minutes.
Go down to pay my tv and the guy next to me has the same model in the box from the factory.
While he was filling the papers I started to argue with him,but they already took my money so they just shrugged me off.
Never again I spending money there.

You fail to realize how many tech-illiterates are out there. Best Buy is not going anywhere. They'll shrink I'll grant you that. But where is your everyday Joe going to turn? Certainly not to Jow Forums.

I wear alligator skin loafers for semi-formal events.

Isn't there like a possibility you and the other customer was buying the same TV at the same time? Moreover, taking down a display would mean if they wanted to display the TV again they'd have to open another box which is more work on their part.

decent bait

But Best Buy is doing well and has been for a while

Attached: mXDosZ5.png (627x532, 38K)

Yea you kind of have to treat Best Buy employees like they're idiots. If it's the floor model, I want a percentage off the price. Plain and simple. I don't give a shit if it was high up and people couldn't touch it. It was out in the open with dust etc on it. Either I get money off the final price or I'll go elsewhere.

By me, we have a Walmart, Best Buy, and Electronics Depot within 2 miles of each other. I used to lie all the time that "so and so store" had the same item for $100 less. 90% of the time they wouldn't even check and would just "price match" the price I said so they didn't lose my sale to the store 2 blocks down.

Made me oscillate air through my nasal canal for ~5 secs

>Isn't there like a possibility you and the other customer was buying the same TV at the same time?
>So its me and few strangers there looking at things.
Forgot to mention that the guy at the register and me both looking at the same tv like standing next to eachother.
I made my order first so while the employee was packing it this person just magically got one on the box from their storage.

The models on display already have a fuck ton of hours on them,this is a CCFL so i expect he life span to be cut in half.
The fucking lazy cunt got me good so i hope he is happy.

Who said I was joking? I think I look swish.

Im from eastern europe.
There are 2(two) major retailers that keep stuff in stock and that do as the please.
No prince matching,not respecting warranty,shady quality ect.

As an electronics store employee I have gotten in a fight with a drunk customer who wanted me to change his loyalty card information even though I couldn't. 65+ yo New York fatass.

He got surly and irritated another customer at the register, so I called him a "fucking yankee" and tried to throw him out when he swung at me, so I beat him to the ground and drug him out of the store by his ankles. Or tried to anyway, he was fat. He ran away after I got him out of the store. Cops came, said it was self-defense, still have my job and that guy still shops there.

> do as they please.*
>No price*
my keyboard is failing and autocorrect is a bitch