Tfw this is the closest you'll get to a phone that isn't tracking your every move, recording every sentence...

>tfw this is the closest you'll get to a phone that isn't tracking your every move, recording every sentence, or watching every movement

Attached: 800px-ZeroPhone_Beta.jpg (800x533, 35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

osmocom.org/projects/baseband
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muon_tomography
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_open-source_mobile_phones
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ECall
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>this is what tech illiterates actually believe

JUST TAKE OUT THE SIM CARD NIGGA

Attached: https _blogs-images.forbes.com_davidphelan_files_2018_02_IMG_1117-1200x900.jpg?width=960.jpg (960x720, 46K)

If it has a radio and connects to a tower, it's tracking you

>implying that the glowing individuals can't track you without a SIM card inserted

>raspi requires nonfree binary bloobs to even boot
I'm going to do this but with an EOMA-68.

Attached: eoma-computercard1_jpg_project-body.jpg (749x391, 17K)

>botnet free phones dont exi-
osmocom.org/projects/baseband

Yup just ignore all the radio antennas , try harder shill.

>implying they cant blast you with energy so you light up like a beacon
Going off the grid won't save you

>implying they don't have a machine that can send xrays through the earth to visualise absolutely anywhere on earth

Attached: images.jpg (218x232, 17K)

phones literally always track you by tower triangulation, it's how networks avoid spewing everyone's calls over every tower all the time

You realize you can still be tracked accurately via triangulation, right?

If you wanted to be clever about it, you can switch IMEIs between towers, making triangulation near impossible.

As multiple anons have helpfully pointed out, anything that connects to a cell tower is easily traceable. If you actually give a shit about surveillance, you should avoid letting calls get traced to the phone you're using to make them. VoIP over Tor is probably the best idea at the moment.

I'd use it if I could make it a SAT phone, for the sole purpose of contacting people on camping trips off the grid.

>glows in the dark

Attached: 1510959144319.png (729x638, 154K)

Are we at the point where the only way to not be tracked is to not have a phone?

The safest way for swatting.

>xrays through the earth

Attached: b688517a4b8ac14961df83cc53a440b316f4a66c5f41b2a8a595bc5e5243394b.png (701x720, 357K)

L I B R E M 5
O
L
I
S

Phone tower tracking is okay with me. I just hate all the tracking garbage that is on the phone.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muon_tomography

>$600 for a privacy/security phone
No thanks, I'd rather be tracked.

Oh no, that point was more than a decade ago now.
Now they can just surveil you through other people"s phones, the internet of things, near by children"s toys, etc.

Just fucking leave your phone at home when you don't really need it with you. 20 years ago even the most developed societies functioned without everyone permanently carrying a phone.

Attached: 3kPNCP4b_400x400.jpg (400x400, 19K)

The phone still communicates with towers without a SIM card. The SIM card is just for authentication.

but that was 20 years ago

there's nothing wrong with botnets tho

>cant into IMEI

>The SIM card is just for authentication
Can't towers also see your IMEI number? And so in a scenario where you take out the SIM, they already know your IMEI and from that they can basically track you?

Is removing the battery truly a safe bet?

>having a phone

It's not a bad idea, but what will I do between classes and shit?

Okay so if I need a phone everyday is there a Jow Forums approved phone that I can hardware hack to remove the majority of tracking. I'm trying to find a good balance here.

>read book
>write a book
>masturbate
>talk with other people
>watch sports
>drink coffee
>study

>>read book
ok
>>write a book
no
>>masturbate
>implying I don't already do this
>>talk with other people
kek
>>watch sports
cuck
>>drink coffee
sometimes I do
>>study
in fucking class?

DO DRUGS!

>emergency calls only
>blocks your path to freedom

Holy shit, I just remembered that in the EU, an onboard crash notifier (that uses cell towers) is now mandatory on all new cars. What it does is if the airbags go off (e.g. crash) it automatically sends a message to 112 (911 equivalent) with your position and shit, so they can send you an ambulance faster.

This is what they tell you. In reality, now anywhere you go you'll be tracked.

OP take a look
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_open-source_mobile_phones

Surely you can distance yourself from those objects in your own home.

>fantasy land
I want privacy!
>reality hits
I have to PAY for privacy?! Why the hell did I want privacy?

Attached: that-is-why-you-fail-yoda1.jpg (660x422, 35K)

That's eCall

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ECall
>as well as Galileo coordinates
can't be seen using the GPS system, its not european enough