Why do we need to watch dumb fucking Youtobe videos at 60fps?

Why do we need to watch dumb fucking Youtobe videos at 60fps?
It's a lot of fucking data, why gaymers need to spoil everything?

Attached: youtube_60fps_656083g_4.jpg (660x371, 210K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/rg3/youtube-dl/blob/master/README.md#format-selection
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>implying your mom's sextape isn't in 60fps.

>It's a lot of fucking data, why gaymers need to spoil everything?
Are you YouTube? Why the fuck do you care if google has to pay more to deliver 60fps?

It isn't just gamers, they're just the ones who care the most about the 60fps meme. Regardless of who wants it, there's a demand for it and tech will satisfy that demand because there's a lot of money to be made in it.

Even 50fps much smoother than 25 or 30. Deal with it.

Attached: hKY_g2h7O1k.jpg (539x538, 52K)

>It's a lot of fucking data
bitrate is what defines how much data a video stream uses, not fps

>"i am angry over nothing" the post

Getting same picture quality with higher FPS requires larger bitrate.

640k ought to be enough memory for anyone.

but it's so smooth

>Quality is a bad thing

Attached: tard pajeet.jpg (630x418, 70K)

But it is nowhere near linear scaling. The return on invest for quality improvement is like 800%

Attached: 1521507293148.jpg (328x350, 23K)

>stats i pulled out of my ass
>800%

Doesn't higher fps mean more frames per second? At 60fps you have like 60 still images per second, that's a lot more than 24 per second, which therefore would increase the size of the video.

you utter fucknut

>doesn't higher fps mean more frames per second?

Attached: 1520999023055.png (637x631, 18K)

nice selfie mang

Makes sense, since its more frames packed in the same amount of time, there would be less differences between then, so more compression.

More importantly why are 720p and higher res videos exclusively 60fps while 480p and lower are 30fps on the same video? Most hardware pre sandy bridge suffers to play 60fps so it forces you to watch a 480p vaseline blurr.

this

Learn about inter frame compression. Faggot.

>the quality of a product is based on its framerate

what the fuck is this thread. mods delete please

1.use webms because they are smaller
2. Use newpipe

Attached: Screenshot_2018-04-16-22-37-36.png (720x1280, 452K)

Bandwidth roughly halves every step in the quality settings. sacrificing 30fps for higher bandwith 480p sounds like a good decision.

Almost all the video's you watch go trough the video CoDec in some h264 format or similar. So, what are you watching that doesn't go trough the CoDec on your CPU/GPU?

>being america
>having cuck data plans

Watch at 144p then, retard.

>It's a lot of fucking data, why gaymers need to spoil everything?
I love kpop music videos in 4k fps. I don't watch people play videogames, I don't really understand why anyone would do that. But I do enjoy 4k 60 fps content.

Dataplans aren't the problem with streaming 4k 60fps, though. I'm on 100/100mbit. I frequently youtube-dl 4k 60fps videos to avoid lagging while playing them. That's not because my connection is at it's limit, the other end just isn't sending at a high enough rate (or there's some other bottleneck). Sometimes it's fine and videos are sent at a speed where it can play back smoothly and pre-buffer, sometimes it stutters a whole lot.

Streaming 4k 60fps content isn't the only case where it doesn't matter what speed you have and what speed you get when you rsync to a local university or something like that (and get full speed). Most international connections won't give you anywhere near your full speed.

480p is more than enough for 95% of youtube content.

Ummmmimsorandomlolmmmm
Oh because fuck you that's why LoLoLoLoLoLoLoL :^) :^) :^) I'm going to find you and kill you nigger faggot bitch LoLoLoLoLoLoLoL

The problem isn’t with 480p itself, YouTube’s 480p has an atrocious bitrate straight out of 2007. It’s the reason retards think everything needs to be 4K, no one knows what actual SD or HD video looks like anymore.

I posted a tip on the FBI.gov internet website on myself for this post nigger faggot snowflake bitchboi

Recommended video bitrates for SDR uploads

To view new 4K uploads in 4K, use a browser or device that supports VP9.
Type Video Bitrate, Standard Frame Rate
(24, 25, 30) Video Bitrate, High Frame Rate
(48, 50, 60)
2160p (4k) 35-45 Mbps 53-68 Mbps
1440p (2k) 16 Mbps 24 Mbps
1080p 8 Mbps 12 Mbps
720p 5 Mbps 7.5 Mbps
480p 2.5 Mbps 4 Mbps
360p 1 Mbps 1.5 Mbps

Recommended video bitrates for HDR uploads
Type Video Bitrate, Standard Frame Rate
(24, 25, 30) Video Bitrate, High Frame Rate
(48, 50, 60)
2160p (4k) 44-56 Mbps 66-85 Mbps
1440p (2k) 20 Mbps 30 Mbps
1080p 10 Mbps 15 Mbps
720p 6.5 Mbps 9.5 Mbps
480p

Not supported
Not supported
360p Not supported Not supported

>worrying about data consumption
amerimutt detected

watching dynamic stuff in 60fps simply feels better
stop being a jew maybe

Yeah, but if you encode a video and specify a certain amount of bits PER SECOND, then it doesn't matter how many frames are being shown in a second (at least when we look at the file size). The thing is that you'll get a worse quality for each frame if you have a higher frame rate while using the same bitrate.

What the fuck is this bullshit?

>It's a lot of fucking data
why do you care? Do you pay Youtube's server costs or something?

And it should stay that way. 360 and 480 options are for those of us with shit computers or slow internet.

>Huh guys dont you just HATE GAYMERS? they are ruining everything with their leds and huh, gaming peripherals and dont you just hate the GOOGLE too, moe like jewggle am I right haha
>Do I fit in yet?

Kill yourself OP, you're what's wrong with Jow Forums.

Lol

Yeah, watching shit at 60fps is fucking retarded. 144fps needs to be standard.

There is a lot of temporal redundancy frame to frame, moving to from 30fps to 60fps is probably has a lower space cost than going from 720p to 1080p for most video.

>muh data

its 2018 faggot

>translation: i bought some shitty thinkpad x60 with an ancient cpu so i could BE FREE and it's too slow to watch luke smith's gay meme videos

Attached: 1519371706949.png (700x700, 21K)

>a lot of data
Not my problem, my network runs just fine. In fact, I'm appalled those dickwads use subsampling.

>why gaymers need to spoil everything?
Why do third world niggers like yourself who can't fucking type proper English need to fucking ruin everything? Fuck off to a site that speaks your dumb nigger language.

Just put it through hooktube or newpipe if you want it without 60fps

The quality of a product is based on many things. Would you enjoy watching a great movie in 240p?

h264ify extension has an option to disable 60fps

it begs the question of what kinds of videos you watch and why do you watch enough to worry about a datacap?
Usually the only 60fps videos are from gameplay or just people who really like the way it looks for their vlogs or some bullshit. People know how to turn off the setting on their cameras now.

Attached: 1523712871220.png (201x207, 91K)

Change the mode to 30fps if you want.

imagine being a burger on dataplans

use mpv with youtube-dl
github.com/rg3/youtube-dl/blob/master/README.md#format-selection