GPU prices are in free-fall. Down 25% last month

GPU prices are in free-fall. Down 25% last month.

Is the nightmare finally over, Jow Forums?

Attached: pic.jpg (1280x720, 135K)

Other urls found in this thread:

overclockers.co.uk/zotac-geforce-gtx-1080ti-mini-11264mb-gddr5x-pci-express-graphics-card-zt-p10810g-10p-gx-10p-zt.html
guru3d.com/news-story/geforce-gtx-2070-and-2080-could-launch-summer-2018.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Still high, fucking ETC

Call me when they are at MSRP.

Managed to finally get a GTX1060 6GB at sorta MSRP. £240 not too bad I guess.

>retailers dumping in anticipation of new models
>still above msrp
fuck off

Memory shortage still in effect. The lowest possible we will see is $20-30 over msrp

Miners have stopped buying gpus and scalpers can't sell anything LOL

why have miners stopped buying gpus?

BTC crashed again but it's going back up

Miners don't use GPUs to mine bitcoin

I would like to know where I could get a 1080 to for 25% less than it was last month.

They were never at MSRP. At least, Nvidia wasn't, thanks to founders edition jewery.

EVGA is selling new 1070/1080 at MSRP at Amazon, got a 1080 yesterday

Sadly the 1080ti is still 1000 shekels

>why have miners stopped buying gpus?
They are releasing Application-specific integrated circuits (ASICs) just for the cyptofags.

>BTC crashed again but it's going back up
>Living in a world of never popping bubbles.
Thank you FED, ECB, PBC.

Attached: 1522609462120s.jpg (197x249, 7K)

>MFW Argentine
>MFW prices NEVER EVER fucking go down, not ever

70% tax everybody!

Attached: 1503106817833.jpg (680x1020, 67K)

It has only begun cause ram is still bloated.

>Sadly the 1080ti is still 1000 shekels
Hopefully those will drop soon too. Just in time for the new version of cards to be released.

What does the /etc directory have to do with this?

>EVGA is selling new 1070/1080 at MSRP at Amazon, got a 1080 yesterday
What retard world do you live in? The 1080 MSRP is $499.

Attached: markup.png (1262x483, 226K)

Nope. Willing to bet that they'll stay higher up for a while. At least until the dumbass faggots who think that mining will still be profitable get the fucking memo.

lower demand for GPUs will also mean lower demand for memory
it'll even out soon enough

I've been sitting on my hands hoping the prices will come down on the GPU I want for my new build. But overnight the price on it spiked upwards a full 17%.

So i might get a chance to buy a refurbished Asus RX470 Strix 4GB for around 180ish yurobucks soon, i would replace my Sapphire HD7850 2GB with it which carried over from my old build and didn't get to replace yet thanks to cryptoshitters.

Would the performance gain actually be worth it or neglegible in the end? Do keep in mind if i sell the old GPU i might get around 50 bucks out of it so the end price for the RX470 would have been even lower.

Thing is i'd only want to go thru with it if it actually makes sense from a hardware POV. How high are the chances that the ""refurbished"" unit will actually be an useless crypto rape victim that falls apart after one week of use? Help me out pls lads

Attached: 1517065205716.png (258x258, 8K)

they mine altcoin then trade for bitcoin and HODL.

I'd hold onto the old card for a while if you go through with it. If anything, it ensures that you have a fallback card in case this one is a fucking dumpster fire.

I'm thankful I bought my lenovo only a year back. It should last me through this drought.

Found a 1080Ti for $630. Should I get it if I'm wanting 2K or just hold off until the new gen releases?

Yeah prolly a good idea

I'm not that cash-strapped either way, maybe it would be better to pay a bit more for a new unit that ships with warranty and everything. You reckon it would be worth the hassle, hardware-wise?

What's wrong with buying Zotac? Nearly the same price as reference.

overclockers.co.uk/zotac-geforce-gtx-1080ti-mini-11264mb-gddr5x-pci-express-graphics-card-zt-p10810g-10p-gx-10p-zt.html

Probably best to wait. The 2070 (or whatever it ends up being called) is rumored to be on par with the 1080ti. Then again, there are other rumors saying nVidia plans to jack up their prices, maybe even as much as doubling them.
Just unconfirmed rumors though.

Are you buying it from a miner? If you are keep in mind that card probably ran at 100% in a high temp room and is probably rekt

whens the release date (estimated)?

Nothing but that mini version is shit. Zotac Amp is godtier.

I don't get this. Why are people paying 200+ more for like 5% extra performance from ref?

What about Palit or Inno3D? They are only like £749

This summer (probably late or even fall) for 2080 and 2070, later for 2080ti (probably around xmas) and later still for the 2060/2050 (probably next year).
Nothing concrete though.

Yeah, I'd just wait then. If you're feeling iffy about this one it probably isn't worth it. But if you know the guy well enough, go for it. Or just wait until you feel comfortable dropping that amount of cash on a card.

Sorry £749-769

Even MSI do one for £799

refurbished 470, wasnt that like the miners bread and butter when it came out? id be wary and get the new one if youve got the extra cash

In the end you are just paying for the brand. Anus, MSI, EVGA and Gigabyte are trash value.

Only if new, if used it is still expensive.

>anus
mistype? or are they rally that bad? fill me in fellas

thanks, If its that far away I should sit on my 1060 3gb till the next versions get released rather than pick up a ok priced 1080ti?

Actually I was a bit off. These were the actual rumored releases.

Attached: Untitled.png (808x612, 248K)

Just checked ebay.

1080TIs are still ending at or above the $699 MSRP mark USED.

At this point it's probably just safer to wait for 1180/2080 to come.

Strange its so spread out?
I can easy wait till September to get a 2060. 1080 performance is what I'm after.

>going back up
yeah right

Well considering you can overcock most of the GPU's to 1700+Mhz why bother paying £200+ more for a fucking pre-clocked GPU? Seems dumb to me. Just get the cheapest 3 fan option and go with that I say. Pascal runs cool enough anyhow.

no because RAM prices are still insane.

Fuck this
I care more about that. I'm not spending $125 on 8GB of fucking RAM

hmm ok. im not super tech literate. build my pc but dont really know too much about anything. thanks

>Strange its so spread out?

Pretty sure nVidia always does this.

And if the past is any indication 2060/2070 should be the sweet spot for price/performance. Will probably run great on 1440p with 4K capability.
While 2080/2080 ti will be ideal for 4k.

no kidding, i remember buying 16GB of corsair vengance for like 120 or maybe even less, cant really remember

>waited ages for 1050 Ti
>market fuckery
>will have to wait a whole year for replacement
>purchase will feel dated in a year, more I wait the closer it gets to new card release
>a fucking 2030 will have 1050 performance

This is like the exact worst time to buy a GPU yet the time when I most want a new one.

Fucking just end me already

Attached: 1522014225391.jpg (1280x1381, 152K)

no kidding, what do you have right now?

Don't be stupid, cards are still expensive.
I just got a 7850 for 50 bucks to hold on until the next gen comes, Pascal at this prices is not worth it.
If you stop buying prices will drop more, if you lose your shit for a shitty 25% discount it will take longer.

this, I have a 1060 3gb but really want a 1080ti (I dont need it as I only game at 1080 144hz with most of my shit on low) but god damn I want a new toy

All depends what will happen with the next architecture launch.

There's a noticeable gap between the 1050 and 1050ti. I think given the current market situation a 1050ti was an ideal buy and you shouldn't feel bad about it. It was one of the less price inflated cards.

>Is the nightmare finally over, Jow Forums?
Not yet, lol. The 1050ti is MSRP about $140 yet is still "on sale" for $220 on Amazon. GTFO

Noise and temp. I bought an fermi FE card never again.

If you know where to look and pay attention to specials then finding specially Nvidia cards at MSRP (for the particular card, not reference cards) hasn't been hard for months

t. Someone who got a 1070 Ti at MSRP months ago.

650 Ti.

Only thing that saved me is I must have won the fucking chip lottery to end all lotteries, it was an EVGA SSC (so already overclocked) but got a 1189 MHz OC on a suicide run. and still have voltage and thermal headroom to try break 1200.

In that case I'd save for the next gen, because 2070 will almost certainly touch 1080 performance for less money (well hopefully, you never know).

I haven't bought it yet, tempted to, but holding off for the exact reasons above.

Used cards don't count, and there is no way in hell you can tell for sure if it was used to mine and for how long.

That was a brand new card m8

Nice, then I envy you. Was it an auction?

Where does this come from and what are these rumors based on?

There is a downward trend but I'm still waiting till next year to get a new PC. I'm banking on Zen 2 being amazing and maybe AMD managing to pull a Ryzen with their video cards. Also, that's the earliest likely release for new VR HMDs.

Price still inflated in my country. Only the 1070ti got dumped by several retailers this week but still above msrp.

guru3d.com/news-story/geforce-gtx-2070-and-2080-could-launch-summer-2018.html

Just rumors but it's from a pretty decent site. At least it's not just click bait.

Nope, regular online store with a sale on.

Kind of depressing that the price at a sale is MSRP, but what are going to do?

Brazil here
I know that feel

SOPA

Yeah but when you live in such a shithole country what's the alternative?
You're gonna pay and play because the alternative is killing yourselves.

does it mean that now i'll be able to buy a medium range gpu in my third world shithole without investing 2 whole months of my hard earned salary?

Buying a geforce when the new series is just a few months from release.

The 7850 is still decent for 1080p gaming. The 470 isn't the big of an upgrade, aim for a 480 at least, or used 290(x)/390(x).

etherium classic? what about it?

Almost certainly less. I bought 16 GB of DDR4 for $83 Canadabux.

>70% tax

Attached: yothatsfuckedup.jpg (480x652, 261K)

And he's not exagerating
In Brazil, 72.18% of some electronics prices are taxes

Attached: 8eb.jpg (321x365, 11K)

Well at least the money going to honest and efficient governments that produces law and order that protects everybody, substantial economic productivity and growth, and an effective social safety net to meet the needs of even the most helpless of citizens.

>GPU prices finally go back to normal with release of ASICS and 2080/2070
>RAM continues to go up in price because of collusion and smartphones

Attached: sad.jpg (770x405, 35K)

>tfw ukranian
>monthly wage is 300€

Attached: 1513444179451.gif (233x226, 1010K)

You don't have some sort of law that allows you to import items without taxes with a price cap?
I still can't get a 1080, but with a $200 cap at MSRP I could get a 1060 3GB with no problem.
Now you can't even get a 1050 Ti but that is another mother.
t. Uruguayan citizen

Dude your talking about fucking Brazil.

Attached: 1498763025045.png (557x605, 29K)

jesus christ, you are thick.

I picked up my RX480 8gb for £180 quid a few weeks before the RX580 came out.

Turned out to have been a fantastically timed purchase as the 580 is barely faster (or not at all when the 480 is overclocked) and I managed to avoid the whole increased GPU pricing mess people have been suffering with.

RAM dont go 500$ over its msrp. Even if overpriced they are still affordable. PC gaming was so close to its deadbed at the beginning of 2018.

2 people on my local craigslist selling 1080/1080ti hydros for 700 and 800 ea.
Temptations

>tfw south american
>monthly wage is $425

just got asrock mobo and 8gb ddr4, i'll starve a few months to get ryzen 2600

I hear you can make extra cash by bringing artefacts back from the zone.

Kek. Nicaguara here. Actual 3rd world country 20% white. 15% nigger and 65 % mestizo.

We pay 10% as in sales tax at customs + shipping fees.

Note : shipping fees are about 3usd per pound. Anything arriving to my po box in Miami by Friday will be at my doorstep by next Tuesday.

Tomorrow I'm picking up an SSD I paid about 70$ and 10$ in shipping cost.

Palit are good. Inno3d not so much

Sad
I was hoping crypto could solve the /v/ problem

Send me your sister, I'll send you 300€

Tfw when prices are still fucked in Australia

Still can't get a good power supply....

Attached: Reeee.png (1012x403, 175K)

>Miners don't use GPUs to mine bitcoin
Doesn't really matter. Think of BTC like a cryptocurrency index all the altcoins trade against. It's also were the liquidity is; just look at the volume and orderbook depth. If you want to unload a big bag of say LTC or some new scamcoin like EOS for fiat then you'll find that you can't in their /USD and /EUR pairs but you can offload quite a bit against BTC and sell the BTC for fiat. The price of BTC does have a direct effect on mining and it's specially important for ETH (look at open interest in the ETH/BTC pair to get it).