Tell me about gorilla glass. Is there even a need for screen protectors anymore?

Tell me about gorilla glass. Is there even a need for screen protectors anymore?

Attached: CGG_GlassTypes-NBT.jpg (550x420, 35K)

Yes

Still always breaks lol. better than plain glass but the tankiest phones I had didnt even have glass but that soft style on cheaper phones. Those things do not break.

those scratch, you moron

My TV has Gorilla Glass for some reason.

car keys can still scratch this shit, so yes. touchscreens are also smoother to use with tempered glass on them. not sure why, but there's less friction.

I don't care if mine scratches. Just the peace of mind that it is not going to fucking break and stop working if I take an impact to my body in that spot.
Already lost one phone when some equipment fell into me

my nokia 212 has gorilla glass and this will forever be the best phone

Attached: 515.jpg (450x422, 93K)

screen protectors are not designed to stop your screen from shattering if you have "equipment" fall onto you. they are designed to stop the screen from being scratched and maybe absorb light impacts. if you drop your phone like a retard or have ladders falling on you nothing will save it.

Will sapphire glass ever be on a smart phone?

It already has, just that it won't be on the iPhone, or the Galaxy S line, meaning for most people, never.

>Is there even a need for screen protectors anymore?
There never was.

you never needed screen protectors to begin with.

Phire gorilla glass will be better than sapphire glass and will be coming out in the next few years. Most likely for the s10 or sX or whatever they want to call it.

RIP harambe

Common Sense is the best protection

he ought to have invested into creatura glass

i hope you "common sense" motherfuckers with no protection get what's coming to you. i'm sure you already get fucked on a regulat basis, but you keep spouting shit on the internet

my phone with gorilla class partially shattered just sitting in my pocket. I didnt bang it, drop it nothing. I suspect it has to do with the curved screen on the s8 though, I dont think I'll ever get another phone with one again

Iv'e never damaged any of my phones before but I guess a brainlet like you has trouble using common sense when you can't even drooling

Attached: download (28).png (211x239, 5K)

I wouldn't think so with the new gorilla glass.

Lol, this

There will always be a need for screen protectors. You never know when those gorillas go bananas and smash your shit.

who would win in a battle between gorilla glass and a navy seal? that's the real question

I really don't care about screen protection because I don't drop my phone that much

My phone has gorilla glass 4 and I've dropped it getting out of my car from my lap several times without any cracks, but it did get small scratches. Gorilla glass scratches are less noticable though.

It's still nice to be able to pull off a scratched screen and put a fresh one on later. I can't replace the glass on my phone for less than $100.

Yes, for when it scratches.

>walk around inna desert for fun
>phone ends up covered in tiny scratches from super fine particulate working its way into my pocket
>same thing happened at the beach

Gorilla Glass 3 is still stupid easy to scratch. Its harder than your house keys, but it can't beat sand. Easily replaceable screen protectors are worth it to protect your device. You can get 3 packs of them for $10 or less on Amazon usually.

My broken gorilla screen.says yes

they just couldn't say nigger glass could they

a little bit of sand can scratch it. it's more durable against drops and such, but can get scratched real easy.