How do I sound smarter than I actually am?

How do I sound smarter than I actually am?

Attached: 1503184465756.png (1600x1471, 763K)

Keep your mouth shut.

Confidence.
/thread

talk about rick and morty

fpbp

Say "UNIX" a lot.

read more. talk less.

By extensively learning the topic you want to be smarter at

This. People won't think of you as an idiot if you never give them a reason for it.

scream "bazinga!" every time you think you said something stupid

Say lots of big words and don't ever answer questions directly, instead give generic responses and follow up by talking about something entirely off topic.

Claim to be an aficionado of hipster meme shit like Linux, vi, emacs, Haskell, functional programming, LaTeX, SICP, ThinkPad, etc....

/thread

open cmd and start typing
dir->cd..
title hacker
color 0a
livin he dream

close

STOP BULLYING ME

Attached: 1467565742254.jpg (720x720, 56K)

Just pretend to understand about everyone is talking about. Most of the time people will simple confuse sympathy with talent.

Don't fake it, actually try and get smarter

This, but fake it in the meantime

knowledge != intelligence

OP just want to be able to talk with someone and not being left behind because he is too young/shy.
Happen to me when i started in IT. I was like 19 but look 16 and no one take me seriously.

During my graduation, i meet people who where a abysmal fount of knowledge, but never ever opened their mouths.

Is this really a good idea? I'm smarter than most people but they think I'm an idiot because I don't talk about meaningless shit constantly

don't, humility will make you more approachable

This is LITERALLY (as in actually and not just an intensifier) a proven thing that most dumb people don't realize. I'm a quiet person and the valedictorian of my graduating class once said in a group project to the other guys "Y'know, I feel like user is secretly a genius" because I did my work and didn't say stupid shit.

No one ask for help/delegate hard stuff for people who don't look like they know shit. Normally those moments are the ones who will get you a rise/promotion.

Adopt a pedantic attitude and smirk at people when they give you their opinions. Don't talk too much.