Tech is destroying culture. you realize that right...

Tech is destroying culture. you realize that right? Our children will be asocial freaks that have no identity and have no life experiences

Attached: ax1zpzL_700b.jpg (700x864, 52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mobile.nytimes.com/2018/02/16/opinion/sunday/tyranny-convenience.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>asocial freaks that have no identity and have no life experiences
You just described the average Jow Forums poster.

Im cool with that since I'll be the ultimate adult mature chad fucking shy asocial 18y old girls

You can have tech without culture, but you cannot have culture without tech.

that used to be exclusive to gamers stuck in front of the desktop all day and all night. smartphones made it possible for normies to be hooked too

I used to think there may have been something in the frequency of processors (or monitor screens) that make them addictive, but I haven't seen anything mentioned about it on the internet.

That's better than being a normalfag in today's society.

Elaborate.

Agree, we must outlaw this whole "writing" technology and get back to speaking. Also, proofs are for millenials.

Attached: 1446572088233.png (760x572, 247K)

Watch that interview with the ex Facebook executive how they make social media addicting. There have been studies about the same part of your brain being lit up when you get likes and (yous) as that of a gambler.

memes are culture

tfw you are a retard at tech so you cant get the retard tech girls

>guys technology is evil
>on a technology board
Go watch some more black mirror, pea-brain. Sage.

mobile.nytimes.com/2018/02/16/opinion/sunday/tyranny-convenience.html

I want a daughter exactly like that.

>Waaaaaa boo hoo hoo
Normies will remain normies to fit the social situation. Humans become accustomed and they themselves adapt.

This thread should fall into the category of >user didn't expect the expected

Only a dead culture doesn't change

No, shit, the goverment has been trying to pacify and dumb down the general population for decades. Just recently they discovered that dumb people could be manipulated by anyone and not just them (see: trump) and those other actors have more expirience than they do

History proves you wrong.

I see where you are coming from, but then again tech seems to be consuming culture in return

Change for the sake of change is pointless.
And change does not mean "replacement", like lefties like to think. Our past is a solid foundation to build upon, not garbage to be destroyed and replaced.

with any luck, I'll raise my children with the help of an android

Culture needs people, people need technology to survive.

You need mathematics and physics to build a temple.

You need tools and pigments and chemistry for oil paintings.

Clothing, books, scrolls - it is all tech.

Is tech "destroying" culture? Maybe, maybe not. The real problem is that it gives undeserved visibility to retards.
You really believe clueless normalfags are a thing only nowadays? They have ALWAYS existed, the difference is that 100 years ago you would simply not notice them. Now it's different.
Normalfags who normalfag on social media were already doomed to begin with, technology merely gave them visibility. They would have been disasters regardless.

what children? nobody is having children because we are asocial freaks that have no identity and have no life experiences

that's not the point.

What solid foundation are you talking about anyways?

You literally just described yourself.

Stone tablets to todays tablet

>Tech is destroying culture. you realize that right?
I haven't, no
>Our children will be asocial freaks that have no identity and have no life experiences
Projecting pretty hard there my friend

pretty much this. the internet is probably both the most accessible and also the most "meh" of them. on the other hand, you can quite mobilize the mass of retardation with ease by utilizing social media...and some of them have access to more dangerous tech, like guns or tesla towers or instant-liquification-satellites or chemtrails or the pope or propriatary sofware.

>mobile site

high brow bit user

Attached: take a seat.jpg (480x319, 28K)

It's all part of the cycle. You have to die to be reborn.

>but you cannot have culture without tech.

Attached: 1504160172542.png (645x729, 80K)

> implying language isn't tech
> implying writing isn't tech
> implying culture would've grown without it
> btw using this computer language OS while typing computer language on my keyboard is tech btw lol

what did he mean by this

Yeah we are going to entertain ourselves to death, it's even worse than I thought before. Before it was the everybody just watches tv dystopia. Now people can't even watch tv without constantly checking their phone. Addictive online feeds have turned peoples brains into mush, can't concentrate on anything. Most valuable skill is to resist temptation and put the entertainment away.
What annoys me most is that even the good stuff comes with some of the bad, like vegetables laced with sugar. For example youtube has amazing educational material, but the recommendation system will constantly try to trick you into watching useless junk. The same formula is around everywhere, stackoverflow suggesting other stackexchange topics, reddit has the all present bar at the top hoping you click r/all or some other junk. The same repeats itself on every modern site, they never want you to exit so they do whatever they can to trick your brain. More of the same category:endless scrollable feed, huge hyperlinks giving suggested news articles in the middle of the article you are reading, they don't even care if you read, just click open more stuff.

I pretty much agree with you but at the same time I fail to see why this would objectively be bad. In times that are pretty much all about the "freedom of choice" with no other purpose than enjoying yourself since there is no war and no big crisis, the actual war will be on the choices and who is gonna be the chosen one, right?
Personally still hate it to death though.

> you realize that right?
No. You just see what raw human culture is like.

Yes, it's this. At least we get to see more sexy people doing sexy things now. [Rest assured, even without this happening, people still wouldn't be holding intelligent discourses instead. We actually got a more efficient use of most people's social time now.]

I've seen all my friends who are girls, and lots of peope from high school, naked thanks to tech over the years.

So its worth it bruv.

i already am that

>stackoverflow suggesting other stackexchange topics
Oh my god FUCK this
I've wasted so much time laughing at people on that interpersonal communications place

no MY children won't
this
I'll just make sure he does well enough in the school so he can get a good job but also make him into an alpha male
if he ever wastes too much time fiddling with his phone/computer shit/linux I'll just slap some sense into him

Technology literally predates humanity and all the culture you care about.

Without technology humans wouldn't have been able to acquire enough calories to grow larger brains in the first place.

Humanity is the child of technology, not the other way around.

this is objectively false

Maybe ascetics will rule the world.

Attached: 7847684676.jpg (572x891, 94K)

if you didn't turn into an autist early in your childhood then you'd be having sex with them instead of spying on them through their webcam, you stupid fuck

You're objectively wrong.

The way they have figured out how to get a person addicted to an app, game or entertainment feed is something new. Addicts don't have freedom of choice. And record high levels of mental health issues like depression suggest that people are not enjoying themselves despite spending time they like(they don't actually like it they are just addicted).
The 'it was your own choice getting addicted to this shit' cop out is starting to become weak. Drugs one could avoid, your kid getting chromebook is unavoidable.

No doubt they will and the tech leaders who refuse to give their kids ipads know what's up.

I think I'm going to start experimenting with digital media fasting before the hooks get even better desu.

I don't want to live like a refresh junky.

>stackoverflow suggesting other stackexchange topics
mein niggers
I thought I was the only one who found it unprofessional as fuck to have "worldbuilding" and "interpersonal relationships" autistic bullshit on the side bar while browsing for compiler errors

Fuck off anprims and tradcucks

yes tech is creating generations of autistic faggitors. but also sluts like OP pic related so it's ok

> record high levels of mental health issues like depression suggest that people are not enjoying themselves
Might as well suggest that anything apart from their short pasttime is pretty shit in specific ways.

Maybe people just don't get to have enough drunk sex without then paying child support and loosing their job over staying away for days?

Or maybe the work day should go from dawn to dusk and only be intense during harvest seasons and on a few additional days.

You know, just saying people do a whole lot more than entertain themselves.

it's not ok if you aren't an absolute chad
who do you think those sluts are having sex with? not me
80% of men become more of a faggot while 20% chads become more chaddish over time

>Our children will be asocial freaks that have no identity and have no life experiences

Seems you were in a coma the last 15 years. You should take a seat because I have some not so great news for you.

>ywnb a comfy peasant with 150 holidays a year

Attached: bruegel_peasants.jpg (618x410, 143K)

also hard to find a wife to actually have healthy children

Agreed. Also, never was addiction and fear of thereof ever hyped up as much as in this age. If all you hear is "burnout" and everyone wants to make you concerned about it, since it is this this big issue which can affect anyone at any given time as long as you a) work and b) see no purpose in it anymore, then...yea. The moment you question if you see a purpose in your work, you probably diagnose yourself with it and spiral down the hole. Figure the rate of burnouts will go up then.

Since you do not have strong "natural" purpose nowadays (implying that you life in a non-3rd word country and you DO NOT in fact NEED to do EXACTLY this ONE thing, or you will die) but have to give things purpose yourself, you might as well drown in the possibilities since all you hear is that you have to pick "the best way, since nothing else is worth it" but noone can really tell you what the best way is, since in reality there isn't one.

That's the gateway to addiction as I see it. It's not just addiction though, it is lack of general interest in anything since everything seems pointless if you get distracted every 2s, and since nothing forces you to focus...you kind of get spiraled down to it.

Since I have a kid myself I am rather worried about all of this shit. Time will tell how it'll work out but I am afraid it'll probably not be too nice.

>our children
>implying anyone here will even get that far in life

> If all you hear is "burnout"
Then that might just as well be you living in a society that works too much and gets too little.

> Since you do not have strong "natural" purpose nowadays
As a wealthier person, yes. As a poor person you're living rather close to this still.

Burgerland is like 15% poor officially & it is probably more like 30% that need to invest very significant effort into finding the cheapest options to keep the house heated, food on the table, their health semi-sorta-minimally-okay.

Income inequality is getting in the way, eh.

>>If all you hear is "burnout"
>Then that might just as well be you living in a society that works too much and gets too little.

That's why I mentioned the 3rd-worlds. I am not in the healthiest society myself, but work's still a huge focus where I live.I was pretty vague there. And the burnout-anology might apply to other signs of "mental down-ness" as well, like depression which was already mentioned. It might be "happiness" in this case, since you start questioning if you are truly happy...but I think you get what I mean. I don't even say that it is the main cause but I surely believe it contributes to the rates.

>> Since you do not have strong "natural" purpose nowadays
>As a wealthier person, yes. As a poor person you're living rather close to this still.
Yes, but again, the purpose is rather important. I do not have to do this or that specific job to get enough money to survive in this or that country, I could do any other job or start robbing or whatever, as long as my belly gets full.
If you HAVE to go to the fountain because if you don't, well, you'll die of dehydration - THEN you have a strong purpose in my opinion. Not the best example maybe but I can't think of anything better atm.

This is about the synthetic technology enslavement, you goddamn moron. All the things you listed (except for OS) are natural interactions.

Pic related: the paradise of an enslaved "tech head" fanatic

Attached: 01.png (1920x1080, 1.25M)

Thots will always be thots, only difference is you can identify them easier now.

>natural interactions
so words, which were invented specifically by humans are a natural, non-technology thing?

Thats right, smart people got manipulated by Bernie instead of Trump.

This is what willing castration under the spell of "technological empowerment" looks like:

You keep fighting reality by grasping at straws, its really pathetic.

I kind of am, you arn't really wrong with that. I'd still like your meaning of technology since it clearly differs from mine. Is it strictly limited to muh computers for you?

>That's why I mentioned the 3rd-worlds
And that's why I mentioned income inequality. Really significant numbers aren't doing all that much better even in well-developed countries.

> you start questioning if you are truly happy [...] it contributes to the rates
I myself am not so sure if it is really worth mentioning. Could even this "questioning" persist as a strong effect if everyone actually was doing diverse, interesting and fulfilling things most of the day? I'm not sure at all.

But in reality, we commute, we wageslave, then we eat shit foot, then we quickly take care of a handful or a dozen social and societal obligations, then we stress out for a few minutes, sleep and repeat. Or some such cycle.

> I could do any other job or start robbing or whatever
Good luck with the robbing plan. If that worked, some people would probably stress out less and just tap into that yuge richfag pool.

> THEN you have a strong purpose in my opinion
Very romantic view, but a lot of people are already doing whatever they can to get by - it's very close to scavenging food and water somehow. [Which isn't actually any easier thna in the past since you can't very well grab people in your situation and go hunt some food, and do so for years.] It's in many ways probably a worse experience to be in modern poverty than prehistoric poverty.

Yep, you are supposed to create your own purpose. This is just a result of wealth. I presume aristocrats in the old times had similar problems on figuring out what to do with their lives. Peasants had survival.

>Our children
>Implying I'm ever going to have kids
Good one Jow Forumstard. Now shoo back to you're containment board.

Tech is part of culture.

Here you can see the effect of the dumbing down in it's natural habitat

I like your point of view.

> questioning happiness
>> [...] persist as a strong effect if everyone actually was doing diverse, interesting and fulfilling things most of the day?
Can someone keep up doing those diverse, interesting and fulfilling things every day? I kind of think that sooner or later, if given too much choice and if you cannot find a clear direction on your own every other day, it comes to this questioning. I might be wrong on that one tho, can only speak for myself here.

>> tart robbing or whatever
>Good luck with the robbing plan. If that worked, some people would probably stress out less and just tap into that yuge richfag pool.
It was just a mere example. I would probably resort to it if it was do or die, but never before trying my hardest for the more civilized options.

>Very romantic view, but a lot of people are already doing whatever they can to get by [...]
I did not have to scavenge to survive yet, but I know some people who did and I myself was on the edge of being there a few years ago. Mind I tell you that I didn't have time to be depressed at all. Sure it sucked but you have that drive to stay alive in such situations. Can only speak for myself in this case as well tho.

> It's in many ways probably a worse experience to be in modern poverty than prehistoric poverty.
Completely with you on that one, since you still have to keep in touch with modern society, which in itself is rather taxing at times.

I doubt you have kids; but if you do, your problems stem from irresponsible parenting.

Other way around actually.

Creating purpose on one's own is very hard imo. Much more so if you grow up in a world where values contradict themselves on a daily basis. But I guess this isn't so much about technology anymore, so I'll leave it at that

>The children now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise.
t. some guy 2500 years ago

>Our children
>Our

Attached: britlet.jpg (602x709, 94K)

>he's going to have children
retard

>asocial freaks
this was me even before the internet, theory debunked

Okay Alex Jones

>tech is destroying normies, because they are easy to brainwash

Cool. They get what they deserve.

i dont get how some ppl can cut off their genetic line so willy nilly

i don't get how some ppl can give a shit about continuing their worthless genes so much

Im not offing from the genepool on my own volition

Technology just makes it easier for people prone to degeneracy to do the things they would have done anyways

retard

>worthless
projecting much?

Pretty much described everyone around my age group, the younger generation is even more awkward user, we only have the illusion of being individual's, it's all a smoke screen, subcultures have died off, try talking to almost anyone 20/24 or under, they don't have anything to say, they stare at the wall, they don't look at your face, awkward silences, this used to be a common trait of aspies like us, it's everyone know, generation z just feels empty inside, just listen to the music they listen to, the drugs they take, no joy in life only short term pleasure.

Attached: IMG_1514.jpg (1136x640, 85K)

>some ppl
Childlessness is at an all time high. Developed and educated countries like Japan and Germany are rapidly approaching the point where a simple majority of the population will never reproduce, while shitting out babies is a task done only by the poor and uneducated.

>Japan and Germany
dying countries with no future

a large portion of these japanese men are also opting out of society to play videogames on their one room apartment, guess that's the glorious future of humanity huh

>Our children
Speak for yourself queer, I'm keeping myself out of the gene pool.
Also if your kids are all spergy and shit it's your fault, not their fuckin cell phone that made them that way.

I'm thinking of zeroing out my computer's disks to finally kick the addiction, but then I won't be able to print documents for school

Every country is headed in the same direction, Iranians and Mexicans don't actually have kids anymore - contrary to stereotypes

I am a professional computer programmer and I rely greatly on the internet. But if the internet was ever shut down or put into a state of heavy regulation to the point that it barely resembled it's current state today, I would rejoice, even if it meant the end of my career.

those are the signs of bad parenting you hypocrite

well, thanks to the liberal, "good parenting", let-the-children-decide approach my parents used with me I wasted my childhood and teenage years on a bunch of useless bullshit (videogames, reading fiction, linux, electronics, music, learning all kinds of useless stuff) so if god willing I have children, I won't make the same mistake (inb4 sample size of one, I've seen this time and time again on other people)

exactly
back in like 2003 the kids were already into myspace and flip phones