Nasa's new spacesuit has a big red led logo on front. It looks cool, but for what purpose?

Nasa's new spacesuit has a big red led logo on front. It looks cool, but for what purpose?

Attached: 1509802463337.jpg (1041x1561, 352K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nasa.gov/sites/default/files/styles/946xvariable_height/public/jsc2014e035343.jpg
nasa.gov/suitup/spacesuit-gallery
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Who is the spacesuit for? NASA poorfags don't even have a manned vehicle.

Looks like a 21st century space age suit.

Is this really a logo?

From wikipedia: >The suits are being designed to be used for both micro-gravity and planetary EVAs.

>Is this really a logo?
That's what it looks like. I don't think it actually stands for anything.

Wow, unironically cool af

>Nasa's new spacesuit
>implying NASA will even take any human to space in the near future
they keep delaying JWST so this whole spacesuit shit is unnecessary

>fat

>logo
it looks like a person holding their hands up, so when the aliens come, they know we surrender

this looks like a fucking gaming motherboard

Attached: top-gaming-motherboard.jpg (358x400, 54K)

I don't see the similarities other than they're both black..

>He doesn't overclock his propulsion systems.

They rarely work

Attached: 11111.png (295x311, 39K)

Where’s the Razer Spacesuit Jow Forums made

dark as my soul with rainbow LEDs

Attached: female_reproductive_organs-min.png (500x326, 36K)

>They rarely work
Lolwut. You're just saying that for the memes, spacesuits aren't known for failing.

It's to mark the sacrifice.

Seriously though, I thought that was a Tesla branded suit or something.

I'm posting the URL instead of the image so you can see what fucking site this is from and laugh

nasa.gov/sites/default/files/styles/946xvariable_height/public/jsc2014e035343.jpg

Attached: IMG_0023.jpg (300x300, 19K)

>internal os
>external os
kek

The great debate

Attached: next gen spacesuits.jpg (1126x712, 191K)

The Boeing one looks great

unironically the middle one, I'd want room to air out my balls

The suits were part of a public contest and this was the winner fyi. The Z2 is the final design after nasa got an actual engineer to tweak it just a bit.

>Spess Mahreen
>Buzz Lightyear
>all we know is... he's called The Stig

Feels like you could remove ayyniggers in it instead of starring in a Daft Punk video or... being a fucking party clown

Agreed

Spacesuits always looked fake as fuck to me.
There's nothing to prevent crushing pressure of space and the boots / gloves look flimsy.

I'd understand radiation protection inside a vehicle but out in the bare elements repairing satellites and on the moons surface doesn't make sense.

I believe it was all a big show to end the coldwar.

The logo is probably a visual indication of suit conditions. It'll probably get removed on cost reduction.

Starman looks like something you'd wear as an inner liner.
Also notice that the Starliner is tethered but maybe it could have it's own pack too.

I dunno I like the Space X Starman one. Looks kinda Star-Trek vibe to it.

>crushing pressure of space
uhm user
space is a vacuum

>blue hazmat suit
>no visor
>need a hose, cause backpack dont fit hatch

> crushing pressure of space
Wat. Space is a vacuum. You only need to keep relatively moderate pressure from pushing out of the suit / space station.

This pressure difference isn't nearly as dramatic as trying to keep surface pressure for a human at any depth underwater.

I don't believe your ignorant lies Satan

You'd freeze to death or burn to death in the SpaceX starman.

Cooling/Heating system is why the suits are so big.

What did Satan mean by this? Metaphorical pressure?

>There's nothing to prevent crushing pressure of space
That's not true at all though, every part is a rigid container meant to keep internal air pressure

>the boots/gloves look flimsy
This was always the hardest part - astronauts regularly complained of their hands swelling to double size after a spacewalk

I'm assuming he's referring (poorly) to the potentially deadly effects of not enough pressure

Attached: apollo suit without outer layer.jpg (1391x2789, 664K)

Well, a big part of the size and bulk is also the need for rigid pressurized plates, and the SpaceX suit solves this issue by being ultra-skintight instead, which is a concept space agencies have been playing around with for decades

Further reading: look up mechanical counterpressure suit

Attached: 3_461.jpg (461x339, 67K)

Suit 2 is for space walks.
Suit 3 is for space travel.
Suit 1 is for Dr Evil's subnautical base.

high visibility when far away on EVA?
Also it looks like an inverted space shuttle

Attached: space_shuttle.jpg (300x300, 18K)

Oh boy here we go lads

ITT: Fat NEETs poorly postulate flaws in space suit design while having no idea for use case, or in any experience in relevant fields.

t. Assholenaut

Buddy, the billion dollar program staffed by the world's finest rocket scientists made this to show off their new suit

Attached: jsc2014e035343.jpg (946x532, 235K)

cobra-commander.jpg

Attached: cobra_commander_how_luxe_first_time__by_cobra3844-d52sggd.jpg (737x528, 60K)

That's where the Praetor chip is.

Honestly is probably right.

Can someone who isn't brain dead explain to me why they are not following the Columbia accident board recommendations on helmets for astronauts?

To those that aren't aware they are supposed to use something more like a motorcycle helmet that fits tight around the head. By using a big open space an impact can cause neck injury or even a broken neck. It doesn't even take much force because of the helmet mass.

Attached: E751B4CA-050A-44A6-B0F3-216FA76025F9.jpg (610x343, 49K)

Don't worry, the suit is never going to be used anyway since NASA's never actually going to send another person into space

The first manned SLS/Orion flight has been steadily pushed back from 2016 to 2023 and counting

People are literally comparing EVA suits and Planetary suits to eachother. I dont know how dumber you can get when it comes to this topic except for that guy who talked about the crushing pressure of space.

Maybe they just expect them to die in crash.

>I'd rather they launch a decade long multi-billion dollar engineering marvel before they're absolutely sure it'll be okay
fucking idiot. i bet you think NASA is a giant blackhole for money despite their budget being tiny compared to just about everything else.

>puts glowing dog dick on their suit
NASA is a joke

Hahahahahaha

Attached: 1500128004444.png (879x626, 437K)

atop closure on the boots?
motorcycle gloves?

boys, OPs pic is just a movie prop

Nope. It's from their website.
nasa.gov/suitup/spacesuit-gallery

>SpaceX makes rockets cheaper by reusing some parts so that means they could make the JWST cheaper and faster

Starman looks like a daft daft punk outfit.

>it looks like a person holding their hands up, so when the aliens come, they know we surrender
Hahaha TOP

>Someday Musk might just go on a round trip through space for his holidays

Begone, Prince of Lies.

Hahahahahahhahaha
>rushing pressure of space
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh, I thought it was just a stylised human.

>comparing EVA suits and Planetary suits
NOW WHY WOULD THAT BE
MAYBE BECAUSE THE PLANETS WE CAN GET TO LIKE MARS OR THE MOON DON'T HAVE A SUITABLE ATMOSPHERE
Fucking retard.

healthbar?
it could be some kind of status indicator or warning light
maybe when things go bad they can detach it and press a button and a lightsaber comes out

I can't argue for a "free market solution" to a complex scientific platform but do you really think anyone in NASA is cost or time efficient?

Look at the Curiosity Rover. Fucking thing cost $2 billion
>well they had to invent a whole new set of state of the art technologies and calibrate every detail of the design for an incredibly intricate mission
Yeah okay, but then they built a second near identical rover and that fucker cost another $1.5 billion

I know this is a troll post, but EVA suits have study as fuck gloves. They're actually super stiff and have a middle assembly layer that has a bunch of metal rings that keep it from ballooning up in a vacuum
>t. has actually worn a real eva suit

>worn an eva suit
jelly
How was it? Did you go in a low-pressure chamber?

So its red because it has AMD inside?

JWST is being put in an ariane 5 rocket, it'll be an unmanned mission

so basically no space for humans ever

It was really uncomfortable and very hard to move around in. I didn't have the cooling suit hooked up so I had instant swampass . I only wore it at 1 atm, and apparently it gets more comfortable in a vacuum because it's less constricting because it separates from your body a little bit.

The boots are very weird, they basically have manlet boosts in the heels so it makes it uncomfortable to stand up in 1 g, but it supposedly gives an astronaut better control of their lower body when they strap into Canadarm2

why not? I thought on the shuttles or a future shuttle. I know they scrapped the idea but it's logo I've never seen before.
It's kind of cool they think of something with high visibility to show the status of the suit or the person wearing it.

>suit for use in EVAs
Second impact when?

It's almost like it's inherently expensive to create things that can operate without maintenance for years (and usually beyond the expected operation time) and in extreme environments where every function needs to be perfect the very first time.

If Musk's rockets don't land correctly it's okay. He can grab what's left and try again. If the Curiosity's batshit insane landing sequence failed the whole project is fucked and has to be started again from scratch.

I know that the top layer is only for protection and doesn't have to be airtight but isn't having a hole this size an issue. Shouldn't the pants be at least strapped to the shoe?

Attached: 1523914799244.jpg (1041x1561, 409K)

>It's almost like it's
Nice passive-aggressive reddit replying, you fucking faggot

boeing and spacex one look claustrophobic as fuck.
however they probably cost $50-70K less to launch

He's right.

Nah. Might as well just let high school engineering teams build 20,000 rovers at $100k each and send 'em all to Mars.

Attached: two billion dollarydoos.jpg (446x288, 82K)

>>Is this really a logo?
>That's what it looks like. I don't think it actually stands for anything.
>it's literally a space shuttle

and exactly zero of them will make it. congrats.

The Starman suit is not meant for EVAs obviously. It has been explicitly stated that it's to be used inside the space shuttles.

the left looks like a shot from ksp dude

Yeah, since it's a render of a rocket that doesn't exist yet but has had seven years and $18 billion poured into it

>airtight
what-tight?

Oh sure, no chance of that thing turning evil in outer space

>spacex cut corner to get cheapest launch, cause risk management to calculate profits

>NASA cannot cut corners fails can mean lower budget success mean shit needs not breakdown.

They're spending more money and taking more time to build a rocket less capable than the one they launched fifty years ago

is this the power of conspiracy theory?
>we never landed on the moon, we'd be crushed.

>There's nothing to prevent crushing pressure of space

Attached: lcejz6B.jpg (1493x1600, 162K)

Attached: 1523234596339.png (498x387, 24K)

>4 thousand atmospheres of pressure! 5 thousand! 6 thousand atmospheres!
>How many atmospheres of pressure can it take?
>Well, it's a spaceship, so I'd say anywhere between zero and one!

3.0+1.0 when?

>it's not skintight
dropped

Ah, I see you are a man of culture.

Attached: 475379_1285024901819_200_181.jpg (200x181, 19K)

They literally state the purpose of the colored lights/symbols is to differentiate between a bunch of assholes wearing the exact same suit.

Virtually every comment in this thread is retarded, I hate all of you.

holy shit, NASA has EVAs?

>he doesn't dualboot his uterus

>he(male(male)) has a uterus
did I miss a memo somewhere

Wow that looks like shit.
If they wanted indicators/status lights or whatever they should've put them on the shoulders.

>No pressure suit
>some atmospheric pressure suit
It doesnt take a rocket scientist to see that theres some, if not a lot, of difference.

Attached: 1470613623502.jpg (1024x1023, 67K)