Whoever decided this shoud be the next recharging plug standard ought to have been drawn...

Whoever decided this shoud be the next recharging plug standard ought to have been drawn, quartered and presented with the "Worst Engineer Of The Decade" award.

Attached: 81Ays2GXOPL._SX569_.jpg (569x569, 32K)

Works for me, thank god I don't have fat and clumsy hands

That would be USB-C.

great argument fagtron

t. Hambeast

It works fine I like it more then USB c

>we can move more amps and shit
>need to. Check to ensure it doesn't melt your shit

As much as a great argument as your if not better cause less fluff to get point across.

Yunno the one time apple gets it right they lawyer up so no one else can use it and then they stop using it. Truly bamboozling.

The connection in and of itself isn't bad, it's the cable manufacturers. Most phones are shipped with $1 micro usb variants that start to rust in the first month. Gold plated reinforced ones like the ones from anker last longer, have more stable connections, and "cling" for much much longer.

All that being said 802.11ac will hopefully become the next cable standard.

Pic related.

Attached: magnets.jpg (620x300, 27K)

it is objectively better to have the support pins on the cable like they are in microUSB than inside the port like they are in miniUSB. they can be bent back into shape fairly easily whereas soldering a new port is difficult at best.

>802.11ac will hopefully become the next cable standard.

I for one was unaware they found teslas secret to wireless transmission of power.

agreed

The HDMI pins on my laptop port just bent two days ago and now I have to get the stupid fucker fixed. So I totally know what you are talking about

Should have been solved by wireless charging by now but guess that shit still sucks. Anyway 160Mhz single streams on phones would allow for real world ~200 Mbps or 25MB/s transfers between phones and connected devices. Fast enough even for transferring movies.

gold plated has nothing to do with the "cling" brackets. the main problem with shit cables is how they use 30AWG and are 2m long. i've never seen a microUSB connector rust.

This

The rust is hard to see but it's there as most cheap stuff uses very soft stamped steel alloys which is also why they bend easily. Though copper is a better conductor the gold plating prevents a surface layer of rust from forming and increasing resistance.

Too bad it turns into fire so easily.

USB-C is better. More of the parts that can wear are on the cable now, plus it's reversible. Micro was a step in the right direction, but C far more refined.

It is pretty trash. Because the plug is so small, it gets lose on the phone and the cable.

I wonder how long it will take before USB-C becomes the most used. I know that newer machines are built to support it but 99% of consumers are still using 3.0 flash drives and keyboard/mouse. When will the non-reversible dark ages truly end

stop

USB-C is still a giant clusterfuck of a new standard in that there doesn't seem to be much of a one besides the connector shape.

They stopped using it because it's lost its effectiveness on light laptops. Also the thickness and single use purpose. Honestly one of the few decisions that they've made recently that I commend them for.

>tries to unplug usb
>shitty usb contact breaks off
>usb contact stuck in female usb port
ok

Attached: 1a5.png (205x246, 4K)

USB C = Blu ray
Micro USB = DVD

Normies don't give enough fucks to upgrade. Usbc generally costs more and isn't as wide spread. USB C is just a stop gap as everyone's eventually going wireless.