I just killed an XFX RX 580 by running a unigine heaven benchmark. How the fuck does that happen...

I just killed an XFX RX 580 by running a unigine heaven benchmark. How the fuck does that happen? What are you doing AMD?

Attached: 48_large.png (612x404, 151K)

Did you OC? Does it have dual bios?

It has a dual bios, but I didn't tamper with the bios. It's also running at "stock" OC settings.

Was it a cheap mining GPu? Because I had a xfx 480 for a year and had no problems with it, and then I sold it.

All my XFX cards used plastic where others use metal.

All of my XFX cards had fans die/fail.

I don't buy XFX anymore... I don't feel like hunting down parts and replacing dead fans.

Also I seriously doubt that card is dead. Those things are next to impossible to kill.

you probably got second hand garbage used in mining

it was brand new from a retail store...

Luck of the draw. Just because you got a bad one does not mean they are all bad. RMA it and move on.

then RMA it like a normal person, shit happens man

XFX cards tend to just die. Happened to my 7950.

>XFX

you asked for it, faggot

XFX is dogshit I went through so many 6870s paying shipping one way it was hilarious.

>XFX
That's your problem.

When it comes to AMD cards I only get Sapphires because I've had bad luck with every other brand I've bought for AMD cards. Sapphire has done me pretty well and even with neglect for years still runs like a champ. Hopefully I'll have the money to retire my R9 270x soon

>benchmarking a laptop card

>tfw XFX r7 370 2gb

Attached: 1520774270857.gif (233x226, 1010K)

Send it back then you numpty.

My XFX R9 390 is still running strong. Replaced the thermal compound a few months back, dropped 10c avg

did seriously nobody mention psu?
It maybe draw too much power for your psu, resulting in spikes in voltage that could kill it. It would be best to RMA it if you can, and check psu while you are at it

>graphic card died whilst at max load
WOAH DUDE, THAT'S, LIKE, SO INCREDIBLE! I'd have expected it to die at idle! You're blowing my mind here!

what's the recommended psu for those things

Wouldn't happen with nVidia cards. They throttle way before it gets warm enough to kill it.

AMD cards throttle too you tech-illiterate filth. No card in the past decade has died because it got too hot once.

OP card did filthy AMDdrone

My XFX RX 480 still seems to be doing well, and I've even been mining shitcoins on it (not 24/7 mind you).

>DirectX

I had a R9 290 die on me because of an old faulty power supply that damaged it. The PSU couldn't provide it's advertised poeer at full load and crashed the whole system, damaging the GPU in the process. Even after replacing the hunk of junk, the GPI still died after half a year of abuse.

Its not like Nvidia has a history of their cards catching fire or desoldering themselves or anything is it?

I can't it's 4 years old

Attached: 1490606680755.gif (280x302, 3.75M)